What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

What the NRL are doing very poorly is not being McDonalds. That is engaging the kids at a young age. They don't need to play league but need to view it. Give away hundreds, even thousands, of tickets to schools. Kids go home wanting to go and parents follow. Their ticket prices cover the tickets given away. Give the game some atmosphere, games, etc for the kids and parents enjoy the kids enjoying the entertainment. Another bugbear, overpriced junk food and drinks.
Its simples really, get them young and they'll grow up watching and even playing league and getting their children to watch it.
problem is most of the games are night games and how many parents want to deal with thier kids behaviour the next couple of days are after getting home at 11pm or later. My kids don't even get to watch much footy as most Parra Games are at 8pm on TV.
Need more Family friendly 2pm Saturday and Sunday Arvo kick offs.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Are you sure? He is of Serbian descent. We need him, we also need the Trbojevic bothers, Cotric to replace Semi and John Bilbija to sponsor us. Also Lou Zivanovic should do the concreting for the new stadium.

I'm pretty sure Lou sponsored Parra a few weeks back, he was definitely wentys major sponsor..

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nice edit to your post after I had replied...
You hadn't replied, as proven by the lack of an edit tag in my post.
Your addition was wrong on both counts - I'm not the one getting upset about what I post, but sure, keep on posting about me all the same!
The addition was correct. Here is is:

"And Gary hasn't asked you a question for at least a couple of pages."

If nobody asked you a question why do you keep trying to justify your obsession with Suitman?

T.S Quint

Coach

If 11 clubs are over the cap must be a massive fire sale soon.

I love how Paul Kent is complaining about how those clubs that went out an bought a whole bunch of players assuming the cap was going to be a certain amount are now going to be disadvantaged. What about the clubs who listened to the NRL and didn't assume the salary cap was going to be $10M? Should they be disadvantaged?

Gronk

Staff member
Lol.
Yeah, but the NRL thought we were under the cap as well until Super Scotty Seward told them we weren't.

As much as I dislike Paul Kent, the NRL knows f**k all.

I think you are reading into this the wrong way. This is not about rorting.

The accusation is that the NRL originally said that the 2018 cap would be say $11M. Then they retracted that and said that it would be $9.5M. Then $10.2M. (not sure on exact numbers).

So PKent is alleging that 11 teams have gone and spent more than what the 2018 cap will be, hence why they will need to apparently shed players to get under the cap.

T.S Quint

Coach
I think you are reading into this the wrong way. This is not about rorting.

The accusation is that the NRL originally said that the 2018 cap would be say $11M. Then they retracted that and said that it would be $9.5M. Then $10.2M. (not sure on exact numbers).

So PKent is alleging that 11 teams have gone and spent more than what the 2018 cap will be, hence why they will need to apparently shed players to get under the cap.

Maybe it's not 11 teams.

It might just be 10.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The problems with these alleged fire sales is that teams will only want to let their fringe players go and hang onto the match winners.

We may pick up some depth players but we already have enough of them.

T.S Quint

Coach
It won't happen anyway.
The NRL will find a way around it. Probably let teams restructure contracts or something.

The problems with these alleged fire sales is that teams will only want to let their fringe players go and hang onto the match winners.

We may pick up some depth players but we already have enough of them.
But unlike the Titans we're not forced to take players we don't want.

Avenger

Immortal
I love how Paul Kent is complaining about how those clubs that went out an bought a whole bunch of players assuming the cap was going to be a certain amount are now going to be disadvantaged. What about the clubs who listened to the NRL and didn't assume the salary cap was going to be $10M? Should they be disadvantaged?
He is so agenda driven because his mate Sticky has f**ked up the cap again at the Raiders. Without a doubt the worst Rugby League journalist.

El Diablo

Post Whore
100% not coming to Parra.

broncos won't be letting him go.

305187-wayne-bennett-and-john-grant.jpg

emjaycee

Coach
It won't happen anyway.
The NRL will find a way around it. Probably let teams restructure contracts or something.
Or just lift the cap back to $11M and leave those clubs that didn't spend $11M disadvantaged by being $1M+ under the cap.