What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
But NRL may not let in. 3 clubs sacked the guy and short time.
Well Souths didnt sack but happy to let go.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Cant understand why The Tits havent made a huge play for the NSW Supercoach.
Seriously though, Walters would have to be a raving lunatic to consider the job given his current position.
Id love to see The Walker Bros get the gig. Could be a breath of fresh air for the NRL.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cant understand why The Tits havent made a huge play for the NSW Supercoach.
Seriously though, Walters would have to be a raving lunatic to consider the job given his current position.
I think an NRL club gig is far more desirable than coaching Origin. Even if it's leaving an Origin team that wins all the time for a club that doesn't.
Id love to see The Walker Bros get the gig. Could be a breath of fresh air for the NRL.
You mean those merkins HJ always goes on about?

Gazzamatta

Coach
Well possibly re Walters but hed be on a hiding to nothing. He currently has a good rep as a coach whereas Loz's is crap. I wonder if they swapped states would it be the same. I reckon Walters would be a dud at NRL. Like i said. A huge risk for him.
Whats a HJ?
NRL is pretty predictable now days. Apparently these dudes are reinventing the wheel. Gotta be better than Des or someone else recycled.

Isn't it all to do with the "integrity" of the game and preventing match fixing, not the salary cap per se? Isn't that why they want access to phone records and bank statements? If so, I don't see why match officials and NRL execs should not comply with the same.

What's to be gained to enforce the salary cap by accessing a players phone records? It'd be managers doing the dodgy shit...

The 'integrity unit' investigate salary cap issues as well as betting and behaviour stuff. If there is a serious allegation of match fixing, the cops can get a warrant to access phone records etc, regardless of the player's employment agreement. And if they want to investigate the NRL hierarchy, they can do that too. So it's not all about match fixing. The simple knowledge that the NRL 'might' get access to bank records may help enforce the cap. The AFL's recent CBA gives the AFL access to bank statements where cap breaches are suspected.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t/news-story/54f3058d99a99207a27316f50bceaa05
For one, it increases the possibility of catching cap cheats and stopping all that under-the-table third-party money players are earning.

The NRL busted Parramatta last year, for instance, when Eels-friendly companies invoiced the club bloated sums and then passed on the added dollars to players.

The NRL had no jurisdiction to investigate the companies and the money went undetected until a whistleblower gave them up.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well possibly re Walters but hed be on a hiding to nothing. He currently has a good rep as a coach whereas Loz's is crap. I wonder if they swapped states would it be the same. I reckon Walters would be a dud at NRL. Like i said. A huge risk for him.
Whats a HJ?
NRL is pretty predictable now days. Apparently these dudes are reinventing the wheel. Gotta be better than Des or someone else recycled.

What happens s when they are getting no ball and getting flogged from lack of possesion. It seems a gimic style lile collge nfl to real nfl. Chip kelly anyone?

These tactics work in the lesser competitions.

Nrl is evolving again. Defenses have worked out the Dogs type of style. So now coaches are taking more risks in attack.

hindy111

Post Whore
I was down Melbourne and went to and Afl game.
What I noticed was a lot more females at games. And young girls 5-10ylds who knew carlton players names. Kept scorecards. Chanted all game. They where really into the game.

As a kid i remember going to games. Sitting on the hill at penrith. I spent most the time rolling down the hill. Till I was about 10yld. And started to watch the game.

AFL is doing a great job.

strider

Post Whore
What I noticed was a lot more females at games. And young girls 5-10ylds who knew carlton players names. Kept scorecards. Chanted all game. They where really into the game.

As a kid i remember going to games. Sitting on the hill at penrith. I spent most the time rolling down the hill. Till I was about 10yld. And started to watch the game.

Come on mate. I saw you rolling around on the grass at the last few games at parramatta stadium. Lets not pretend you stopped when you were 10

Incorrect

Coach

A Panthers fan with a soft spot for AFL....

Great to have you around!!!

Latest posts