What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
There was nothing wrong with the penalties we gave away in either half. The problem was all the penalties Melbourne didn't give away in that second half. How was their discipline near perfect after we took the lead? The Storm have been an ill disciplined side all year, yet with the game on the line they suddenly develop near perfect discipline?

During the first half the commentators came up with a stat that said these are the two most penalised teams in the NRL so the Storm have a pretty bad rep, its just that they got away with a lot yesterday.

We, also, cant give away 6 penalties and expect to win a half of footy.

Biggest gripes from me over the officiating yesterday are, Twice taka was run off the ball chasing a kick and nothing happens, Slater takes a dive they get a penalty.
Cronk hands the ball to Glasby in a offside position within 5mtrs of the ref and they miss it and score off that play.
Semi has held down for a good 6 secs and no penalty, Slater tries to play the ball too quick and drops it while taking a fake dive and gets a penalty with smith kicks a goal that in the end gives them the 2pts they win by.
Really we should have defended 2 of the tries in the 2nd half they scored, the ones Slater scored should never got to the kick but we hung off and then no one from the inside pushed over to cover the kick and the Bromwich one we should have stopped the offloads.
We have to take the confidence and rage into the next game and be hungry to get a crack at them again in 3 weeks time because i can tell you they fear us.

strider

Post Whore
There was nothing wrong with the penalties we gave away in either half. The problem was all the penalties Melbourne didn't give away in that second half. How was their discipline near perfect after we took the lead? The Storm have been an ill disciplined side all year, yet with the game on the line they suddenly develop near perfect discipline?
Totally agree

I would actually call the only really bad ill discipline from us was the dumb Manu take out of slater .... but apparently similar on taka was a non-event

strider

Post Whore
Alvaros gentle elbow was a non event .... and if hargraves gets no suspension for his far worse elbow then alvaro has absolutely nothing to worry about

strider

Post Whore
So ?..

Manu on report for head high

Alvaro on report for elbow in head

Tepai concussion

King dodgy elbow
Isnt manu also on report for a choke?

I bet any money we will be visiting the judiciary this week

The laughable thing about the manu choke tho is that he actually lets go fairly quick, and vunivalu is still milking it pulling his head back with no one holding him

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
During the first half the commentators came up with a stat that said these are the two most penalised teams in the NRL so the Storm have a pretty bad rep, its just that they got away with a lot yesterday.

We, also, cant give away 6 penalties and expect to win a half of footy.
We can if the opposition also gets pinged for their fair share. You just mentioned the f**ken stats - giving away penalties didn't stop us or the Storm from getting into the top four. But when one team doesn't get pinged for breaches (did the Storm magically stop breaking the rules in the second half?) then of course the other team will suffer for it.

Both teams gain an advantage from pushing the boundaries but only one gets penalised. That's a massive net advantage to the other team. In a two point game that's the difference between winning and losing.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Were we? ... i only actually recall one offside penalty

They got 9 penalties ... i remember
1 - offside mid first half
1 - edit: this was legit picking up ball in offside position, i remember it now
1 - manu taking billy out
1 - elbow from alvaro
2 - high shots
1 - alvaro flop on slater that gave them the penalty goal - unfortunate one

Perhaps the 2 i dont remember were offside??? ... i actually thought the refs put the whistle away for offside for most of the game

I might be wrong, but I remember 3 offside calls.

Melbourne were the better team, but it irritates me that the officiating is so poor.

Kornstar

Coach
I might be wrong, but I remember 3 offside calls.

Melbourne were the better team, but it irritates me that the officiating is so poor.

To be honest I don't think Melbourne were the better team. I believe it was about 50/50.

Sure at times they were better and then at other times we were better. Take away the imbalanced officiating and going to extra time wouldn't have been a bad result.

Take out Mau's brain snap (regardless of them missing the ones against Taka) and we probably win.

We had them! Which is why I was perplexed after the game when the Storm wankfest was on that the experts didn't think we could beat them if we met them again and that we couldn't match them, WTF? We just f**king did!!!!

Kornstar

Coach
Isnt manu also on report for a choke?

I bet any money we will be visiting the judiciary this week

The laughable thing about the manu choke tho is that he actually lets go fairly quick, and vunivalu is still milking it pulling his head back with no one holding him

I remember a similar tackle on us in the game to the Mau one I think it may have been on Semi and he pointed to it and nothing. It wasn't as spectacular but Mau let go much quicker than the one on Semi......one was penalised, one wasn't.

The refs a couple of times last night were directed by the Storm to blow penalties and the refs did.......not a good look.

84 Baby

Referee
To be honest I don't think Melbourne were the better team. I believe it was about 50/50.

Sure at times they were better and then at other times we were better. Take away the imbalanced officiating and going to extra time wouldn't have been a bad result.

Take out Mau's brain snap (regardless of them missing the ones against Taka) and we probably win.

We had them! Which is why I was perplexed after the game when the Storm wankfest was on that the experts didn't think we could beat them if we met them again and that we couldn't match them, WTF? We just f**king did!!!!
I didn't watch any post game but on Nein Sterlo and Gus were all over us. Sterlo was the most parochial I've ever heard on air

Kornstar

Coach
I didn't watch any post game but on Nein Sterlo and Gus were all over us. Sterlo was the most parochial I've ever heard on air

I was watching Fox, it was a wankfest. It really makes me wonder what they would have talked about if we'd won........

eels_fan

First Grade
I expect Manu & Alvaro to cop a charge
They'll both miss a game imo, so it may be a blessing we lost so they won't miss the prelim.

Brown will cop a charge too imo just because he had a bit of a record prior at the rabbits

strider

Post Whore
Alvaro cant be suspended ... warea-Hargraves just got a fine for a far worse elbow just weeks ago

Mau with priors is the concern ... he will get some charge, get loaded for priors and we will have to contest it

eel01s

Bench
Totally agree

I would actually call the only really bad ill discipline from us was the dumb Manu take out of slater .... but apparently similar on taka was a non-event
Problem was the Mau one was so obvious (after Slater's Oscar winning performance) that even the touchie could see it.

Kornstar

Coach
Alvaro cant be suspended ... warea-Hargraves just got a fine for a far worse elbow just weeks ago

Mau with priors is the concern ... he will get some charge, get loaded for priors and we will have to contest it

Alvaro also wasn't looking, may save him.

Did I just see right that the chicken wing wasn't even put on report??

Latest posts