What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kornstar

Coach
I don't want to blame the refs, but...

There is a photo going around on FB where it shows the clock with 4 minutes left or so; we are 10m out of Melbourne's line, on the last, about 6 or 7m from touch; the ball hasn't even been finished playing, King is still standing (the ball isn't even close to having cleared the ruck yet)....and 6 or 7 Storm defenders are already offside, sprinting to pressure our kickers.

Considering how many times we were pinged for offside...

The better team won, no doubt - but the game should have gone to Golden Point, if the refs had any backbone at all.

The problem is with the refs is that we were pinged for being off side at times, Melbourne weren't once. I am sure there were other times we were off side and weren't pinged so the question is, why do they sometimes call it and other times not and if it is a percentage thing then why have the opposition against us all year rarely been penalised for being offside even though at the game you can see them offside for most of the game, no more, no less than us but we get penalised?

That is the biggest issue with the refs. They do the same with hand on the ball, how they f**k do they pull one out of their ass when they could penalise it all game for both teams.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The problem is with the refs is that we were pinged for being off side at times, Melbourne weren't once. I am sure there were other times we were off side and weren't pinged so the question is, why do they sometimes call it and other times not and if it is a percentage thing then why have the opposition against us all year rarely been penalised for being offside even though at the game you can see them offside for most of the game, no more, no less than us but we get penalised?

That is the biggest issue with the refs. They do the same with hand on the ball, how they f**k do they pull one out of their ass when they could penalise it all game for both teams.

Exactly.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Now that is something i would like Archer to come out and explain.

Agreed.

And why do the refs lack the spine to call a penalty with less than 5 to go?

If a transgression has occurred, blow the damn whistle.

I reckon that if we were down by more than 6, the ref blows the penalty, because it doesn't affect the end result.

colly

Juniors
I don't want to blame the refs, but...

There is a photo going around on FB where it shows the clock with 4 minutes left or so; we are 10m out of Melbourne's line, on the last, about 6 or 7m from touch; the ball hasn't even been finished playing, King is still standing (the ball isn't even close to having cleared the ruck yet)....and 6 or 7 Storm defenders are already offside, sprinting to pressure our kickers.

Considering how many times we were pinged for offside...

The better team won, no doubt - but the game should have gone to Golden Point, if the refs had any backbone at all.
Yeah I saw that too....... during the game...... Cum-on-me's didn't have the testicle fortitude....

Kornstar

Coach
Agreed.

And why do the refs lack the spine to call a penalty with less than 5 to go?

If a transgression has occurred, blow the damn whistle.

I reckon that if we were down by more than 6, the ref blows the penalty, because it doesn't affect the end result.

Yeah if the margin was bigger the penalty count would have been evened up at the end to make them look like they didn't favour one side. Like they do in most matches.

strider

Post Whore
It bothers me, because we were penalised for offside at least 3 times.

But the Storm...
Were we? ... i only actually recall one offside penalty

They got 9 penalties ... i remember
1 - offside mid first half
1 - edit: this was legit picking up ball in offside position, i remember it now
1 - manu taking billy out
1 - elbow from alvaro
2 - high shots
1 - alvaro flop on slater that gave them the penalty goal - unfortunate one

Perhaps the 2 i dont remember were offside??? ... i actually thought the refs put the whistle away for offside for most of the game

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore

I agree ... i am utterly baffled why we have consistently only received 1 or 2 penalties in a half (or entire) game when opponents get plenty ... every team is offside and every team wrestles

strider

Post Whore
So ... what time today do we hear the news that our players placed on report will get high gradings and miss next week?

lol

I agree ... i am utterly baffled why we have consistently only received 1 or 2 penalties in a half (or entire) game when opponents get plenty ... every team is offside and every team wrestles
How did we not get one when those two Storm players mistook Semi for a king Sealy with pillow top?!

Glenn

First Grade
No problem with Parramatta getting pinged for the infringements, as long as Melbourne are getting pinged for the same thing.
But that's all Fish and Chip wrappers now, live to fight another day.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I sort of expected the 50/50 calls to go their way so considering that the only difference between the teams was the Slater strip penalty we did pretty well, showed we can mix it with the best.

The problem is if we show the ill discipline that we did in the second half, we will struggle to beat anyone if we give way such a penalty count.

The last time in the game when we were attacking their line our players were appealing for the storm players being offside. Storm were offside by 3m refs didn't blow the penalty to tie the game up. Right In front off the posts.

As someone else said we were never ever going to get the 50/50 calls but we still nearly won it even after all that. Massive positive.

strider

Post Whore
We got penalised for a flop? Melbourne performed a couple of genuine ones near the end, no penalty? Not even 1? Shocking!
Well i mean when alvaro jumped on billy as he rushed to play the ball ... billy did a good job of milking it too, but that is to be expected of all nrl players these days ... and i dont really blame alvaro it was something that happens regularly

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I sort of expected the 50/50 calls to go their way so considering that the only difference between the teams was the Slater strip penalty we did pretty well, showed we can mix it with the best.

The problem is if we show the ill discipline that we did in the second half, we will struggle to beat anyone if we give way such a penalty count.
There was nothing wrong with the penalties we gave away in either half. The problem was all the penalties Melbourne didn't give away in that second half. How was their discipline near perfect after we took the lead? The Storm have been an ill disciplined side all year, yet with the game on the line they suddenly develop near perfect discipline?

Latest posts