What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 ladder predictions

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I will be both shocked and amazed if Souths make the top 8 next year.

I'm as one eyed as anyone and even I can't see how we finish higher than bottom four. If we have an absolute miracle run with injuries and an amazing draw I still have us outside the 8.

If we have anymore than one long term key injury next year we will get the spoon. We have a terrible roster and a rookie, unproven coach.
lol@souffs

Jokes aside, inglis would have spent most of his rehab with a crotch in one hand and a pie in the other so I wouldn't really on him to solely carry you to the semi's. Good chance you will be without Crichton during the origin series as well. Bleak times ahead

Vic Mackey

Referee
Rumours of Moylan to Manly. A spine of Turbo, Moylan, DCE and Korisau with Taufua back in to replace Wright would give Manly a pretty good crack.

i dont think moylan and dce make a good combo, a guy like green seemed perfect for cherry

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Hopefully the GF next season is something like Parramatta vs Canberra,need an exciting and different match up like that,can't be having these lesbians teams like the Storm and Cowboys in the GF all the time.

moffla

Bench
1. Cowboys
2. Storm (P)
3. Roosters (RU)
4. Parramatta

5. Bronocs
6. Panthers
7. Sharks
8. Raiders

Shorty

Staff member
Hopefully the GF next season is something like Parramatta vs Canberra,need an exciting and different match up like that,can't be having these lesbians teams like the Storm and Cowboys in the GF all the time.
That can wait one year while Cows get their redemption premiership, thanks.
Storm needs to stop being greedy though.

Spent force....LOL, he was the biggest reason we won the comp.

Hasn’t played NRL since...
Sweet poor child,you think this is real don't you?

The NRL has turned into a fairytale factory

14 Souffs after 43? years?
15 Cowboys first,another fairytale
16 Sharks breaking the duck egg, one of the biggest fairytales ever
17 The big 3 win their possibly last game together

Other than wrestling and a 50% shared fanbase,what do you think the WWE has in common with the NRL?

Next year they'll give the belt to Roman,i mean the NRL title to the panthers or something equally stupid

papabear

Juniors
Cowboys could go either way for me.

Things could go well for them as they are getting troops back and are very well coached.

But

They also will have two serious chiefs now and if JT is in serious physical decline (not sure he is or not), it will get interesting.

1. Sydney Roosters (J. Tedesco, L. Mitchell, L. Keary make up a 3 pronged attack)
2. Melbourne Storm (new halfback will be excellent)
3. North Queensland Cowboys (Thurston, Morgan, Taumalolo and Scott are potent)
4. Canberra Raiders (Leipana, Cotric and Hodgson will be game busters like in 2016)
5. St. George-Illawarra Dragons (Ben Hunt and Gareth Widdop will carve up, James Graham reborn in red V)
6. Brisbane Broncos (Jack Bird, Kodi Nikorima will shine)
7. Cronulla Sharks (still miss Ben Barba at St Helens, Gallen too old, Maloney the key)
8. Parramatta Eels (minus Radradra they will scrape in unless NZ Warriors can click).
Grand Final: Roosters 25 Storm 18

Card Shark

Immortal
Sweet poor child,you think this is real don't you?

The NRL has turned into a fairytale factory

14 Souffs after 43? years?
15 Cowboys first,another fairytale
16 Sharks breaking the duck egg, one of the biggest fairytales ever
17 The big 3 win their possibly last game together

Other than wrestling and a 50% shared fanbase,what do you think the WWE has in common with the NRL?

Next year they'll give the belt to Roman,i mean the NRL title to the panthers or something equally stupid

:thumbsup:

magpie4ever

First Grade
1. Sydney Roosters (J. Tedesco, L. Mitchell, L. Keary make up a 3 pronged attack)
2. Melbourne Storm (new halfback will be excellent)
3. North Queensland Cowboys (Thurston, Morgan, Taumalolo and Scott are potent)
4. Canberra Raiders (Leipana, Cotric and Hodgson will be game busters like in 2016)
5. St. George-Illawarra Dragons (Ben Hunt and Gareth Widdop will carve up, James Graham reborn in red V)
6. Brisbane Broncos (Jack Bird, Kodi Nikorima will shine)
7. Cronulla Sharks (still miss Ben Barba at St Helens, Gallen too old, Maloney the key)
8. Parramatta Eels (minus Radradra they will scrape in unless NZ Warriors can click).
Grand Final: Roosters 25 Storm 18

Albert, you need to stop having these thought bubbles everytime time you go to the bogger, you IQ will be in the minuses shortly.

Blade23

Juniors
Albert has given them the kiss of death.
Roosters will have a fowl of a year like they did in 2016 and miss the 8. Injuries, suspensions and internal infighting will run riot.

Albert has given them the kiss of death.
Roosters will have a fowl of a year like they did in 2016 and miss the 8. Injuries, suspensions and internal infighting will run riot.
JWH will come home to manly and bring his new best mate Keary with him

Lambretta

First Grade
My top 8 will include

Eels, Raiders, Roosters, Storm, Cowboys, Panthers, Broncos & Manly
Not in that order - predicting that would just be silly

All teams will finish on equal points with identical for and against
The 9th placed Sharks will have scored one point less - a missed field goal effort by Gallen in the 3rd minute of the first game of the season - Fox Sports will replay it 7,000 times and Gallen will ask Hindmarsh how many Premierships he's won and everyone will laugh. Except Hindmarsh who will try of something funny to say and then won't

1. North Queensland Cowboys
2. Melbourne Storm
3. Sydney Roosters
4. Brisbane Broncos
5. Manly Sea Eagles
6. Parramatta Eels
7. Cronulla Sharks
8.Canberra Raiders
9. Penrith Panthers
10. St George Illawarra Dragons
11.Newcastle Knights
12. Wests Tigers
13. Canterbury Bulldogs
14. Gold Coast Titans
15. South Sydney Rabbitohs
16. New Zealand Warriors

BLN2

Juniors
I think we will actually see a new wooden spooner next season, I'm thinking the Titans (their depth is always the problem, looking worse next season) or Dogs.

I just bloody hope it isn't my Warriors, which wouldn't be a complete surprise.. Yes we were mediocre too pathetic this season, I'm hoping with a complete turnover of forwards with a couple more signings in the bank before pre season, the squad will be refreshed and ready to be reasonably competitive next season.