What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC - A - W1 - AUS 18-4 ENG @ Melbourne

Result: AUS v ENG

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

English Rose

Juniors
I'm quite happy with that. Our 2 Wingers were our best players.

A few dodgy decisions in Australias favour but that's just foortball we can't sit here and moan about it.

By sounds of it Sam Burgess was taken off as a precaution so with him back we have a slight chance.

The very least I'm expecting us to reach the final as I think we are slightly better than the Kiwis!

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Should’ve been a penalty to Morgan
He got shoulder charged off the ball
Straight up penalty
Checcinin the steaming pile of useless refereeing shite should’ve just blown the whistle.
Instead we had some dope who sounded like a Pom make all the excuses under The Sun to not penalise.
Rugby league is a contact sport, princess

Awful result for England, we will towel them up in the finals. They would have been much better off getting flogged tonight

kbw

Bench
Should’ve been a penalty to Morgan
He got shoulder charged off the ball
Straight up penalty
Checcinin the steaming pile of useless refereeing shite should’ve just blown the whistle.
Instead we had some dope who sounded like a Pom make all the excuses under The Sun to not penalise.

I think the thing here is he didn't change his line. He was running in that direction before Morgan kicked the ball and if he keeps running in the same direction then its all good.

But you can't complain the Australian's were hard done by the Ref. He favoured them so much over the Poms.

stormbati

Bench
Didn't watch the whole game but from what I saw Dugan, Slater, McLean and Klemmer were good.
Dugan and Slater both great in attack. Holmes made some strong carries and Klemmer ran hard all game.
McLean looked very good in his first game and will probably replace Woods if he keeps it up.
Smith and Trbojevic seem to be developing a nice little combo too.

carcharias

Immortal
I think the thing here is he didn't change his line. He was running in that direction before Morgan kicked the ball and if he keeps running in the same direction then its all good.

But you can't complain the Australian's were hard done by the Ref. He favoured them so much over the Poms.

He basically tackled a bloke without the ball... changing lines has nothing to do with it.

English Rose

Juniors
I honestly think what it boiled down to was the England halves.

Our Outisde backs and forwards are fine but the halves just are not clinical enough and always seem to take the wrong options.

Our kicking game was dreadful especially in the 1st half but hopefully as the tournament goes on hopefully they improve!

Pedge1971

First Grade
I honestly think what it boiled down to was the England halves.

Our Outisde backs and forwards are fine but the halves just are not clinical enough and always seem to take the wrong options.

Our kicking game was dreadful especially in the 1st half but hopefully as the tournament goes on hopefully they improve!

To be fair to your halves, that ia usually what every team says when they run into that spine.