What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC - A - W1 - AUS 18-4 ENG @ Melbourne

Result: AUS v ENG

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raiderdave

First Grade
Regarding the strip call that killed off the game:
If a defenders hand comes into contact with the ball when attempting a tackle, it does not make it a blatant strip, this pisses me off and is the biggest blight on the game.
The onus is on the ball carrier to hold onto it.

whitehead had his hand around the ball in attempting to tie it up in tackling graham
it came out in the impact with the ground so a loose carry for mine , that was a terrible penalty.
ceccins penalty leading to australias first try was also awful
called milking 9 times out of 10
it was a crucial call & shows ceccins lack of feel for the game

Raiderdave

First Grade
the result now means most likely England will play NZ in the semi in Auckland
I give the poms a chance of beating the kiwis in that after last night , just some more composure needed & they can qualify for their first WC final since 1995

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
To be fair, there's a lot of Poms living in Melbourne. I remember the 1992 Aus-GB Test match at Princes Park; 33k people and the mix was ⅔ Pom, ⅓ Aus. Incredible atmosphere with their singing and drumming.
Was half of the Pom's two-thirds West Indian descent by any chance?

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
TBH, the pace of the game was too much for the Channel 7 cameramen, Obvs that it was a new sport for them. Thought the commentary was reasonable though.
I don't even know who the commentators were except for Noddy and some dribble from the tosser Morley.

Vee

First Grade
Renee Gartner
Been several years since I've seen her but she used to be on the footy in the 90s/00s(?) and I thought she was pretty good back then. Much better than the barbie dolls featured on Nein and F*x.

Vee

First Grade
lol. Tease us with the first 30 minutes of the preview show in HD and then get us to switch over to the SD channel for the game.

Channel 7 just don’t know how to do sport.
They go alright with the fumblers. When it's important to them I guess.

Bloke

Juniors
Was half of the Pom's two-thirds West Indian descent by any chance?
The pommy fans walked into the ground before the game behind a piper and drums, I'd never seen anything like it for a game of football. And the noise just kept on building as the game progressed. The support the poms got is why Aust lost that Test.