What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC - A - W1 - AUS 18-4 ENG @ Melbourne

Result: AUS v ENG

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

colly

Juniors
I do think the ref gave all 50/50 decisions Aussie way. That can happen in a game, but the fact he was Aussie just doesn't help the game. End up, England had a couple of chances and could actually have won the game, but ref's calls hurt us.
In the last ten mins,England attacking under 10 meters out not one ossie with leg on/behind try line line-TV DON'T LIE watch it latter

Pedge1971

First Grade
I reckon it flattered the poms.
They’ll get slaughtered next time.

Maybe next tine. But I think our dour display was a result of them scrambling well. They lack our spine and bench but thought they were gutsy as hell.

And they had to carry that old merkin and his brainfart coaching.

kbw

Bench
He basically tackled a bloke without the ball... changing lines has nothing to do with it.

As far as the rules go it does.
My initial thought is that it was a penalty but when I watched it a second time I agreed with the referees. (for once :) )
BTW I am Australian and an Australian supporter

JasonE

Bench
Regarding the strip call that killed off the game:
If a defenders hand comes into contact with the ball when attempting a tackle, it does not make it a blatant strip, this pisses me off and is the biggest blight on the game.
The onus is on the ball carrier to hold onto it.

Saxon

Bench
As far as the rules go it does.
My initial thought is that it was a penalty but when I watched it a second time I agreed with the referees. (for once :) )
BTW I am Australian and an Australian supporter
Nah, he had eyes on Morgan and deliberately made contact and impeded him. Penalty every day of the week. Except apparently today.

Reactions: Vee

PARRA_FAN

Coach
After tonights performance I probably wouldn't be confident of the Aussies winning the tournament but I don't think anyone would beat them. England were good but dont do enough with the ball.

StadiumXIII

Juniors
Ordinary match England still not being able to play the full 80 and let it slip. McGillvary was excellent, David Klemmer layed a big platform for us. Australia should still win the tournament comfortably and doesn't look like changing anytime soon.

Supposed crowd of just over 22k, not bad. I still would have had an opening Double Header at Suncorp with the first game being NZ vs Samoa - I'll be at both the games in Sydney and I encourage other fans to go.

Last Week

Bench
Australia have alot of improvement left in them. So do England, though. If they meet again, I dare say it could be a different result. England have what it takes.

They seem to play much better off the cuff.

Arucard

Juniors
That Bateman guy is an absolute flog.
A couple of player changes and they might've got the result tonight.

Bloke

Juniors
I think the pace of the game is too much for them tbh, Aus will run away with it in the 2nd.
TBH, the pace of the game was too much for the Channel 7 cameramen, Obvs that it was a new sport for them. Thought the commentary was reasonable though.

Bloke

Juniors
Lol Melbourne supporting England by the sounds, that'd be right
To be fair, there's a lot of Poms living in Melbourne. I remember the 1992 Aus-GB Test match at Princes Park; 33k people and the mix was ⅔ Pom, ⅓ Aus. Incredible atmosphere with their singing and drumming.