What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars The Last Jedi *** SPOILERS ***

bileduct

Coach
11-Day Total:
$571,420,943
The Force Awakens

11-Day Total:
$397,271,356
The Last Jedi

Oh well the only language that Disney understands is money, it appears people are boycotting the film.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/

archerfilmfestival-web-img_4330_-_h_2017.jpg

Kinda explains it all.....
Disney and Nike team up to tell you a tale about the evils of capitalism...

"The force is in our Indonesian sweatshops" would be more appropriate.

Last edited:

Mr Spock!

Referee
Not my movie m8, i didnt make it

Keep truckin on though
Lol better not head over to IMDB m8.

2/10
I remember when critics used to give bad reviews for mediocre scripts
zparadigm18 December 2017
Warning: Spoilers

4/10
Why THE LAST JEDI is being rejected by fans
zvelf-118 December 2017

1/10
Total Disaster: Not worth the paper the ticket was printed on
jonmit-8826920 December 2017

4/10
I fundamentally ALSO disagree with every choice for Luke, just like Mark Hamill.
penny51416 December 2017

1/10
The Death of Star Wars (Reupload)
realmuthaf24 December 2017

2/10
Dumbest plot in a long, long time
nadblaster21 December 2017
I can't really get into what's bad with this movie without dropping a ton of spoilers, but let me put it this way: a friend of mine went to see this before I did, and when I asked him how it was he hesitated, then said "it's just a superhero series now". He was more right than I ever could have known.

The plot is stupid and is full of moments where my friends and I looked at each other and said "wait, what?". There are sequences in this movie that simply do not need to exist and provide literally nothing to the story. The technology, previously something I always thought was neat about Star Wars, is genuinely dumb and makes zero sense (why do big laser bolts in space arc like artillery?). I am ashamed to have paid money for this and as a long-time Star Wars fan it hurts to see just how dead the franchise I love really is.

All that said, the special effects look and sound great, and it was fun to see Mark Hamill acting again. Other than that this movie is a disgrace not just to the franchise but to anyone with a brain. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
364 out of 479 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this

2/10
Over 8 stars... for this?
gotton201314 December 2017

3/10
I'm glad to have discovered it wasnt just me ...
gordonwright10-681-63782822 December 2017

1/10
A Complete Disgrace
tuanskie17 December 2017

1/10
What the hell was this?
Marcus James17 December 2017

Danish

Referee
11-Day Total:
$571,420,943
The Force Awakens

11-Day Total:
$397,271,356
The Last Jedi

Oh well the only language that Disney understands is money, it appears people are boycotting the film.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/

archerfilmfestival-web-img_4330_-_h_2017.jpg

Kinda explains it all.....

Yep Disney are sure going to be pissed that despite only having 16 days to do it in (including xmas) TLJ will be their highest domestic grossing movie of the calendar year.

TFA was an absolutely juggernaut. It’s the highest grossing picture of all time FFS. Bit of a dumb yardstick to hold it up against.

More fitting would be, say, marvel movies. And it is already grossing more than any marvel movie since the first avengers movie in its short run thus far.

TLJ has actually seen big jumps in the box office number in the first 2 days of this week also. Seems now that Xmas is done people are heading back to the movies again

bileduct

Coach

bileduct

Coach
TFA was an absolutely juggernaut. It’s the highest grossing picture of all time FFS. Bit of a dumb yardstick to hold it up against.

TLJ has actually seen big jumps in the box office number in the first 2 days of this week also. Seems now that Xmas is done people are heading back to the movies again
Those two days are Christmas and Boxing Day, dumbass.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Haha, the excuses are already starting to roll in... "The Force Awakens was an outlier, the likes of which we may never see again!." Uhh, no. You are describing Avatar.

Look at the daily takings and compare TFA to TLJ side by side. There's a sharp drop off starting right after opening weekend.
TFA was the 1st star wars movie in 11 years and the ones it followed up from where the god awful prequels. It was also the 1st big tent pole movie since Return of the King to be released in December. I think it's fair to say that it had a lot of factors going to it that we are unlikely to see again

Mr Spock!

Referee
Lol tell me again how you're not salty that some people dare to like TLJ
Well some people liked the Phantom Menace too, m8.......

Critics Laud ‘The Last Jedi’ But IMDB Says Something Quite Different

On IMDB’s user review section, Bushfahrer09 gave it 1/10 stars and wrote:

FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, AS A TRUE FAN OF THE FRANCHISE, AS A READER OF ALMOST EVERY NOVEL, PLAYER OF EVERY GAME, A MAN THAT ADORES THESE MOVIES FOR OVER 25 YEARS: DISNEY KILLED STAR WARS AND EVERYTHING THAT MODERN CINEMA IS ABOUT.

I CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW IT’S POSSIBLE TO PUT SALES FIGURES OF MERCHANDISE OVER EVERYTHING ELSE IN A FORM THAT YOU DON’T KNOW ANYMORE IF YOU’RE WATCHING A 150 MINUTES LONG COMMERCIAL OR A MOVIE OF ONE OF THE MOST ENTERTAINING, HEART-TOUCHING AND EXCITING MOVIE FRANCHISES EVER CREATED…

Jeff1970 gave it 1/10 stars and wrote:

I SAW THE FIRST STAR WARS MOVIE IN THEATRES WHEN I WAS SEVEN AND HAVE BEEN A LIFELONG FAN EVER SINCE. MADE I THROUGH THE PREQUELS AND DIDN’T THINK THEY WERE AS BAD AS SOME HAVE SAID. ENJOYED TFA AND ROGUE ONE. BUT THE LAST JEDI IS COMPLETE GARBAGE…

Realmuthaf gave it 1/10 stars and entitled his review “The Death of Star Wars”:

WOW, THE LACKLUSTER TRAILERS FAILED TO GIVE ME ANY HYPE FOR THIS, SO I WASN’T EVEN EXPECTING MUCH, BUT THIS, THIS IS A NEW DEFINITION OF “LOW”.

VIRTUALLY EVERYTHING IN THIS MOVIE IS OUTRIGHT BAD. THE PLOT IS DISJOINTED AND STUPID. THE ACTION IS BLAND, THE SPACE BATTLES LACK IN SCALE AND LOGIC, WITH 1 FIGHTER BEING ABLE TO DESTROY ALL OF A HUGE DREADNOUGHT’S CANNONS.

AS FOR LIGHTSABER DUELS, WELL, THERE ARE NONE FOR F**K’S SAKE! AND THE ONE FIGHT USING SABERS HAS HORRIBLE CHOREOGRAPHY THAT IS NOWHERE NEAR THE SPECTACLE OF ACROBATIC BATTLES OF THE OVERLY-HATED PREQUELS…

Warhound called it a “Total Disappointment”:

I HAD HIGH HOPES FOR THE ONE. TFA WORKED WELL AS A SOFT REBOOT AND ROGUE ONE WASN’T BAD EITHER, SO THIS ONE SHOULD HAVE BEEN FANTASTIC. INSTEAD, WE GOT A LAZY, INCOMPETENT MESS.

MoodyHank entitled his review “Is it a parody?”:

THERE ARE SOME WELL WRITTEN AND COMPREHENSIVE REVIEWS ON HERE ALREADY SO I WON’T WASTE YOUR TIME IN THE DETAILS.

ESSENTIALLY, THE ENTIRE FIRST HALF OF THE LAST JEDI FEELS LIKE A STAR WARS PARODY. INSTEAD OF THE ODD MOMENT OF HUMOUR EVERY NOW AND AGAIN, EVERY SCENE AND CHARACTER IS A COMEDIAN IN TLJ. IT’S A CRAP GAG A MINUTE.

AND SOME OF THE GREAT WORK DONE THE FORCE AWAKENS TO RE-ENERGISE THE FRANCHISE WAS JUST COMPLETELY UNDONE. YOU KNOW THAT INCREDIBLY SIGNIFICANT AND POIGNANT MOMENT AT THE END OF TFA AS REY HANDS THE LIGHTSABRE TO LUKE? JUST WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.

I’VE RATED IT 4 STARS BECAUSE THE SECOND HALF OF THE FILM DOES PICK UP BUT BY THEN THE DAMAGE IS DONE. TLJ IS A HUGE MISSTEP IN THE FRANCHISE.

There are over 1700 user reviews on IMDB already and if you browse through them, you’ll find that it’s filled with 1, 2, and 3 star reviews.

You may find a 6/10 star review, but they are scarce.

What’s even more shocking is that it holds a total 7.9 rating from approximately 105,000 votes.

But if you took a consensus – like Rotten Tomatoes does with its critics’ reviews – IMDB users would agree The Last Jedi is a complete disaster.

http://offthewire.com/critics-laud-the-last-jedi-but-imdb-says-something-quite-different/

Frederick

Staff member
TFA was the 1st star wars movie in 11 years and the ones it followed up from where the god awful prequels. It was also the 1st big tent pole movie since Return of the King to be released in December. I think it's fair to say that it had a lot of factors going to it that we are unlikely to see again
Don't try to reason with them, m8. As evidenced above, bileduct is clearly off his meds and Mr Spock is just your typical hardcore trekkie who is buried under delusions that star trek is better than star wars

Danish

Referee

FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, AS A TRUE FAN OF THE FRANCHISE, AS A READER OF ALMOST EVERY NOVEL, PLAYER OF EVERY GAME, A MAN THAT ADORES THESE MOVIES FOR OVER 25 YEARS: DISNEY KILLED STAR WARS AND EVERYTHING THAT MODERN CINEMA IS ABOUT.

I CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW IT’S POSSIBLE TO PUT SALES FIGURES OF MERCHANDISE OVER EVERYTHING ELSE IN A FORM THAT YOU DON’T KNOW ANYMORE IF YOU’RE WATCHING A 150 MINUTES LONG COMMERCIAL OR A MOVIE OF ONE OF THE MOST ENTERTAINING, HEART-TOUCHING AND EXCITING MOVIE FRANCHISES EVER CREATED…

I SAW THE FIRST STAR WARS MOVIE IN THEATRES WHEN I WAS SEVEN AND HAVE BEEN A LIFELONG FAN EVER SINCE. MADE I THROUGH THE PREQUELS AND DIDN’T THINK THEY WERE AS BAD AS SOME HAVE SAID. ENJOYED TFA AND ROGUE ONE. BUT THE LAST JEDI IS COMPLETE GARBAGE…

WOW, THE LACKLUSTER TRAILERS FAILED TO GIVE ME ANY HYPE FOR THIS, SO I WASN’T EVEN EXPECTING MUCH, BUT THIS, THIS IS A NEW DEFINITION OF “LOW”.

VIRTUALLY EVERYTHING IN THIS MOVIE IS OUTRIGHT BAD. THE PLOT IS DISJOINTED AND STUPID. THE ACTION IS BLAND, THE SPACE BATTLES LACK IN SCALE AND LOGIC, WITH 1 FIGHTER BEING ABLE TO DESTROY ALL OF A HUGE DREADNOUGHT’S CANNONS.

AS FOR LIGHTSABER DUELS, WELL, THERE ARE NONE FOR F**K’S SAKE! AND THE ONE FIGHT USING SABERS HAS HORRIBLE CHOREOGRAPHY THAT IS NOWHERE NEAR THE SPECTACLE OF ACROBATIC BATTLES OF THE OVERLY-HATED PREQUELS…

I HAD HIGH HOPES FOR THE ONE. TFA WORKED WELL AS A SOFT REBOOT AND ROGUE ONE WASN’T BAD EITHER, SO THIS ONE SHOULD HAVE BEEN FANTASTIC. INSTEAD, WE GOT A LAZY, INCOMPETENT MESS.

THERE ARE SOME WELL WRITTEN AND COMPREHENSIVE REVIEWS ON HERE ALREADY SO I WON’T WASTE YOUR TIME IN THE DETAILS.

ESSENTIALLY, THE ENTIRE FIRST HALF OF THE LAST JEDI FEELS LIKE A STAR WARS PARODY. INSTEAD OF THE ODD MOMENT OF HUMOUR EVERY NOW AND AGAIN, EVERY SCENE AND CHARACTER IS A COMEDIAN IN TLJ. IT’S A CRAP GAG A MINUTE.

AND SOME OF THE GREAT WORK DONE THE FORCE AWAKENS TO RE-ENERGISE THE FRANCHISE WAS JUST COMPLETELY UNDONE. YOU KNOW THAT INCREDIBLY SIGNIFICANT AND POIGNANT MOMENT AT THE END OF TFA AS REY HANDS THE LIGHTSABRE TO LUKE? JUST WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.

I’VE RATED IT 4 STARS BECAUSE THE SECOND HALF OF THE FILM DOES PICK UP BUT BY THEN THE DAMAGE IS DONE. TLJ IS A HUGE MISSTEP IN THE FRANCHISE.

There are over 1700 user reviews on IMDB already and if you browse through them, you’ll find that it’s filled with 1, 2, and 3 star reviews.

What’s even more shocking is that it holds a total 7.9 rating from approximately 105,000 votes.

But if you took a consensus – like Rotten Tomatoes does with its critics’ reviews – IMDB users would agree The Last Jedi is a complete disaster.

http://offthewire.com/critics-laud-the-last-jedi-but-imdb-says-something-quite-different/

So the film scored a 7.9 out of 10 from 105,000 votes (7.6 now from 221,000 votes)? And this makes it a disaster?

Frederick

Staff member

Anyone who has time to read through over 1700 user reviews clearly had a very lonely Christmas.