What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbits20

Immortal
This year is going to be the least stable we've had in some time... I'm not sure how you can possibly see it as anything different?

We have a completely new coach and coaching staff for the first time since 2011. We will have a completely new game plan which will have been untested at the top level.

Our best player is under an injury cloud and no one can tell us where his best position will be, going forward. Our best young player is signed to a different club in 2019. Our longest serving player was past it two years ago and to top it all off, we can't seem to decide on a starting hooker.

Everyone used to complain that Madge had no plan B... We don't even know what Seibolds plan A will look like as he's never been a head coach anywhere before... At least when Madge took the role we could see that he'd had success in Super league. Seibold hasn't even been head coach of an NYC team and yet somehow he's miraculously skipped all of that and jumped straight to the top.

After all of that... I can't see how anyone can think we will have any sort of stability this year?

What happens if this magic plan of Seibolds doesn't work? What does he fall back on? He can't call on
his years of experience at the top level to come up with new ideas.

This year is basically guaranteed to be rubbish... Hopefully at least that will force the board to finally jettison Richo and get us into the market for a decent chief and proper coach for 2019.

What has happened around the place in the last 18 months is shambolic and smacks of a complete lack of professionalism. It's been a return to the bad old days.
I think I will have to watch some of our 2014 games back to get through the season...

Itsamansgame

Juniors
This year is going to be the least stable we've had in some time... I'm not sure how you can possibly see it as anything different?

We have a completely new coach and coaching staff for the first time since 2011. We will have a completely new game plan which will have been untested at the top level.

Our best player is under an injury cloud and no one can tell us where his best position will be, going forward. Our best young player is signed to a different club in 2019. Our longest serving player was past it two years ago and to top it all off, we can't seem to decide on a starting hooker.

Everyone used to complain that Madge had no plan B... We don't even know what Seibolds plan A will look like as he's never been a head coach anywhere before... At least when Madge took the role we could see that he'd had success in Super league. Seibold hasn't even been head coach of an NYC team and yet somehow he's miraculously skipped all of that and jumped straight to the top.

After all of that... I can't see how anyone can think we will have any sort of stability this year?

What happens if this magic plan of Seibolds doesn't work? What does he fall back on? He can't call on

This year is basically guaranteed to be rubbish... Hopefully at least that will force the board to finally jettison Richo and get us into the market for a decent chief and proper coach for 2019.

What has happened around the place in the last 18 months is shambolic and smacks of a complete lack of professionalism. It's been a return to the bad old days.
Myself being a negative Neddy can't argue with any of that especially my desire to rid ourselves of Richo,but myself being the dreamer and a rebel, as Princess Leia would say "HOPE"!!!!!!!!!

doyen

Bench
It's so hard to predict at this stage as there are many variables to consider.
I really think at this point that we are a middle of the road team-----top of that middle could see us make the 8!!
Between 8 & 12 I reckon at this early point.
It depends a lot on how the young guys that received some NRL last season improve & blossom. I live in hope that they will improve dramatically!

southsport

First Grade
From another forum.

There is an open training session on Monday 15th at 10am for those that may wish to attend.

Myself being a negative Neddy can't argue with any of that especially my desire to rid ourselves of Richo,but myself being the dreamer and a rebel, as Princess Leia would say "HOPE"!!!!!!!!!

I'm a member. I was one of the first to renew as I always am. I will get to every home game I possibly can this season, as I always do.

However, my expectations for this year are incredibly low for all of the reasons I have already outlined. What Richo has done to the club this year is akin to taking the keys to a brand new $100k Mercedes and throwing them to a learner driver without any instructor.

I can't see how this year can be anything but a wreck.

themacemaceman

Juniors

Come on guys...... a ball hasn't even been kicked (or knocked on!) in 2018 and some of you blokes are getting negative already.
Give Seibold and the players a chance.
I look to the Newcastle Jets..... a different code but all the same a team that has struggled in recent years.
A new coach , a new approach and some new recruits and they are flying high this year.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
I'm a member. I was one of the first to renew as I always am. I will get to every home game I possibly can this season, as I always do.

However, my expectations for this year are incredibly low for all of the reasons I have already outlined. What Richo has done to the club this year is akin to taking the keys to a brand new $100k Mercedes and throwing them to a learner driver without any instructor.

I can't see how this year can be anything but a wreck.

DKOR...uncannily i did a private message around an hour ago also stating about richo whom has not made the desired changes one would had hoped for at souths since returning..

i am optimistic in 2018 if a few young fellas can step up to 1st grade level such as cameron murray did in 2018...if our top players stay uninjured including our new recruit gagai and a few young kids kick on then 8th spot is a possibility...ile be optimistic for now as we are going in blind with our latest recruits whom may or not perform at 1st grade level lets see shall we...

i also stated that crichton should never ever be allowed to wear the cardinal & myrtle jumper again send him to the bears for 2018 he is not a souths man such as coleman/fenech/or michael andrews and past greats were... if crichton was a fly id squat him now whilst blank faced he is absolutely a turn coat and he is meaningless to me he is a traitor . oh he fixed his finger that was disfigured boo hoo boo hoo go tell someone that cares because i dont...im starting to fire up boys;)

Shadow...

themacemaceman

Juniors
DKOR...uncannily i did a private message around an hour ago also stating about richo whom has not made the desired changes one would had hoped for at souths since returning..

i am optimistic in 2018 if a few young fellas can step up to 1st grade level such as cameron murray did in 2018...if our top players stay uninjured including our new recruit gagai and a few young kids kick on then 8th spot is a possibility...ile be optimistic for now as we are going in blind with our latest recruits whom may or not perform at 1st grade level lets see shall we...

i also stated that crichton should never ever be allowed to wear the cardinal & myrtle jumper again send him to the bears for 2018 he is not a souths man such as coleman/fenech/or michael andrews and past greats were... if crichton was a fly id squat him now whilst blank faced he is absolutely a turn coat and he is meaningless to me he is a traitor . oh he fixed his finger that was disfigured boo hoo boo hoo go tell someone that cares because i dont...im starting to fire up boys;)

Shadow...
ld have to disagree.
We need Critchton in the team this year.
We are a better team with him on the park that's for sure.
He's a professional footballer and I'm sure he will give his all for the club whilst he is here.
You have a short memory Shadow.
Tugger Coleman left Souths for the magpies and Mario left for the Bears.
These 2 still two of my favs though.
I've still got my Smiths Crisps no.12 jumper I got when I was 16 as that was Mario's number when hookers wore 12.
I got George Piggins and Ziggy Niscot to autograph the jumper when we were out of the comp and played and fundraising game in Maitland.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
As I've stated numerous times,four and a half fingered fanny belongs nowhere near our beloved guernsey,he done the unforgivable.
He is now a rorter IMO and I won't get one bit of enjoyment watching him with the white or black rabbit on his heart,for Gods sake it's as bad as it gets what he done and I hope karma f**ks him up immensely.
My first daughter when we were still at Maroubra brought her first date home for dinner,he was from Bronte and the little princess was a f**king rorter supporter and surfed at Bondi,he didn't make it anywhere near the dinner table and thank god my daughter ended up thinking he was a pretentious little prick.
Now that's how us Rabbitohs should view f**king Crichton,he no longer belongs to the greatest brotherhood on earth!!!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Thank you ITSAMANSGAME...Mate we still need a 1st grade winger and a 1st grade centre and 2 more 1st grade off loading forwards/props to match the top 4 sides in 2018 . .

Shadow...P.S. We are still pinning our hopes on the youth brigade but to fast track things why dont we get uncle nick brown paper bags politis to teach richo how to have 10 plus internationals in our side;)

Latest posts