What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our predicted lineup R1

epDragon62

First Grade
Mary will go with:

1. Dufty
2.Nightingale
3.Lafai
4.Aitken
5.Macdonald
6.Widdop
7.Hunt
8.Vaughan
9.McIness
10.Graham
11.Frizell
12.Simms
13.DeBellin

14. AuMau
15. .Leilea
16. .Mann
17. Latimore

I would select:

1. Dufty
2.Lomax
3.Lafai
4.Mann
5.Macdonald
6.Widdop
7.Hunt
8.Vaughan
9.McIness
10.Graham
11.Frizell
12.Simms
13.De Bellin

14 Au Mau
15.Host
16.Kerr
17.Sele

18.Leilua
19. Aitken
Like yours but would probably swap Host for Leilua for strike power, or, Use Simms for a prop rotation and Start Host.

barry

Juniors
1. Dufty
2.Nightingale
3.Lomax
4.Lafai
5.Macdonald
6.Widdop
7.Hunt
8.Vaughan
9.McIness
10.Graham
11.Frizell
12.Simms
13.De Bellin

14 Au Mau
15.Leilua
16. Mann
17. Allgood / latimore

They need to develop Aitken as a back rower, I’ve always said he isn’t a centre

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Using trial form as a guide:

1. Dufty
2. Lomax
3. Aitken
4. Mann
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
13. Debellin
12. Frizell
11. Sims
10. Graham
9. McInnes
8. Vaughan

Reserves: 14. Au Mau
15. Host
16. Buggered if I know.
17. Buggered if I know.

It will be another long year, and it will continue to be so until McGregor is given the ol' heave ho.

MILEY CYRUS

Juniors
1. Dufty
2.Nightingale
3.Lomax
4.Lafai
5.Macdonald
6.Widdop
7.Hunt
8.Vaughan
9.McIness
10.Graham
11.Frizell
12.Simms
13.De Bellin

14 Au Mau
15.Leilua
16. Mann
17. Allgood / latimore

They need to develop Aitken as a back rower, I’ve always said he isn’t a centre

Why do you have one of the best players on the bench?

getsmarty

Immortal
Using trial form as a guide:

1. Dufty
2. Lomax
3. Aitken
4. Mann
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
13. Debellin
12. Frizell
11. Sims
10. Graham
9. McInnes
8. Vaughan

Reserves: 14. Au Mau
15. Host
16. Buggered if I know.
17. Buggered if I know.

It will be another long year, and it will continue to be so until McGregor is given the ol' heave ho.

If we start with aitken...We will leak tries on the right side. Mann to Right Centre, Robson on the bench to rotate with McInnes. Lafai Left side...see how he goes...

Other Issue is when Vaughan and Graham come off the ruck is full of holes....Not sure with the prop rotation...Latimore probably has to be there....Leilua bench impact only for me...not a starter.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
1 DUFTY
2 McDonald /Ford
3 Mann
4 Lomax
5 Aitken/ Herbert / Periera
6 Widdop
7 Hunt
8 Big Red
9 McInnes
10 Vaughan
11 Frizell
12 Sims
13 De Belin
14 Au Mau
15 luch
16 Latimore / Robson
17 Kerr
That's my side unfortunately nowhere near MARYS LINEUP..........DONT FORGET the BRONCOS BACKLINE ,JIMMY THE JET, KAHU, MILFORD,NICKORIMA,and Others including BOYD not exactly SLOW .........WE have them in the forwards probably but the backs that's a different story ......

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So, with what 10 days before the season begins? Our team is by no means settled.
From the 2 trials it is obvious that:
1. Our new halves pairing will take some time to gel.
2. Aitken continues to flounder at centre but McGregor will not drop him simply because he promoted him.
3. We cant see a replacement for Thommo. Leiluas mind may be willing but the body is not. Sims is the opposite, body willing, mind not.
4. I have concerns for Friz. Whilst he is arguably our best player, he has developed this bash mentality, which is going to take its toll throughout the season adding in SOO and other games. He needs to develop a pass and/or sidestep before hitting the line.
5. Who is our 4th prop? ATM that appears to be between Sele and Latimore. Sele is a more diverse player and has a go but isnt strong defensively. Katimore us probably stronger defensively but weak at hitting the line.
6. I like the way we are creating try opportunities just the polish isnt there to complete
7. Lomax is going to be a star no doubt but my ryder on him ATM is he has played say 20 mins at the back end of trial games we havent seen him play 80 against men. A couple of ganea in reggies to guage this wouldnt go astray IMO.

In saying all that McGregor will roll out the same 17 as last year with the only exceptions being Hunt and Graham wirh Sims in 2nd row.

My changes would be:
Mann > Aitken
Sele as the 4th prop/lock.
Host as the bench forward
Robson as the #17

getsmarty

Immortal
My changes would be:
Mann > Aitken
Robson as the #17[/QUOTE]

I'd Go with Latimore over Sele...Latimore more suited to prop..but don't mind either way

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
So, with what 10 days before the season begins? Our team is by no means settled.
From the 2 trials it is obvious that:
1. Our new halves pairing will take some time to gel.
2. Aitken continues to flounder at centre but McGregor will not drop him simply because he promoted him.
3. We cant see a replacement for Thommo. Leiluas mind may be willing but the body is not. Sims is the opposite, body willing, mind not.
4. I have concerns for Friz. Whilst he is arguably our best player, he has developed this bash mentality, which is going to take its toll throughout the season adding in SOO and other games. He needs to develop a pass and/or sidestep before hitting the line.
5. Who is our 4th prop? ATM that appears to be between Sele and Latimore. Sele is a more diverse player and has a go but isnt strong defensively. Katimore us probably stronger defensively but weak at hitting the line.
6. I like the way we are creating try opportunities just the polish isnt there to complete
7. Lomax is going to be a star no doubt but my ryder on him ATM is he has played say 20 mins at the back end of trial games we havent seen him play 80 against men. A couple of ganea in reggies to guage this wouldnt go astray IMO.

In saying all that McGregor will roll out the same 17 as last year with the only exceptions being Hunt and Graham wirh Sims in 2nd row.

My changes would be:
Mann > Aitken
Robson as the #17

I liked that we created more opportunities and we shutdown the gaps in the middle of the ruck.

to be honest, if one of the four opportunities turn out to be a try, we would be having a different discussion today.

possm

Coach
I really am over who Mary would select. My selection for round one would be:
Dufty - will need to improve his one on one defence and make it stick
Macdonald - hopefully will be fresher the round 1
Lomax - it's his time to shine
Lafai - no more flick passes
Mann - he has proven himself to be quick and with strong defence
Hunt - needs to take control and run direct
Widdop - needs to run direct
Vaughan - will step up for this game
McInnes - hope he is fresh and keen for this game
Kerr - given instructions to go flat out.
Frizell
Sims - step up
De Belin

Ah Mau
Graham
Sele - rip in with defence
Robson - hooker rotation and/or running back like Dean Young

getsmarty

Immortal
I'd Go with Latimore over Sele...Latimore more suited to prop..but don't mind either way
what About Kerr?[/QUOTE]

Kerr is definitely an option but Latimore has more experience...I don't understand why Mary didn't give Kerr a run last night ? Latimore is only signed for this year so I'd start with him and Kerr will eventually get his opportunity.

possm

Coach
what About Kerr?

Kerr is definitely an option but Latimore has more experience...I don't understand why Mary didn't give Kerr a run last night ? Latimore is only signed for this year so I'd start with him and Kerr will eventually get his opportunity.[/QUOTE]

Latimore was slow and did not bend the line. Kerr is young and enthusiastic and attack and defence.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
My changes would be:
Mann > Aitken
Robson as the #17

I'd Go with Latimore over Sele...Latimore more suited to prop..but don't mind either way[/QUOTE]

The reason I went with Sele is his ability to play lock as well. Pray tell nothing happens to JDB, but for example Jack has to come off for a HIA, who plays lock? Sele would slot in there, Sims to Prop and Host to edge forward, positions they have both played before.