What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our predicted lineup R1

gitano

Juniors
Reading that MacDonald article, it hints that Aitken might still be in line for that centre spot. If true then FMD that clown of a coach is already showing he has no idea what our top 17 looks like
Still in line? It was never ever in doubt.

A pointless poll on a fan forum doesn't mean anything

Old Timer

Coach
Still in line? It was never ever in doubt.

A pointless poll on a fan forum doesn't mean anything
Even allowing for you being the arrogant self appointed wanker that you are you obviously have no idea how to engage in the life of the forum.
People are here to have an opinion and if someone wants to correlate them, do you think we are that naive that things will change because of it?
Obviously you think your shit hot at working it all out and others have no idea, then come up with your best team Mr. Bigtime and don't forget to give an opinion on why we finish out of the semis so regularly.
If we were successful people wouldn't consider too much change but as we are mediocre people at least offer alternatives whilst you remain Mr Head in Arse Status Quo.
By the way if you haven't already taken my previous advice then go and f**k yourself twice.

slippery5

Juniors
He could be a great player.
But his defence is not good enough for a centre spot.
He comes from a touch football and sprinting background.
So he is learning to play football.
He is a fullback/ or number 6.
But he may well make a decent bench impact player.
Imo
From what I saw last year, his defence is worse than Soward's, I think only the likes of a Trevor Gilmeister can show him how to hit with his shoulder.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
2015 Mr Dugan 22 games played 7 tries
2016 .Mr Dugan 17 games played 2 tries
2017 Mr Dugan 17 games played 3 tries
Hardly top class figures JIMMY that's a total of 56 games 12 tries arrivaderci Josh or the last 2 years 34 games and a whole 5 tries that's a try every 7 games wow how did we let him go

Remind me of Darius Boyd's try scoring rate per game ratio again?

Crush

Coach
On Aitken, I think we all knew that he would be picked ahead of Mann. Mary won't change. Lafai and Aitken are the two centres he wants. Hell in 2016 when lafai was "injured" he still picked him for 16 rounds straight. Mary will pick the team he wants regardless of form. Oh and Mann will be on the bench in case you have not been paying attention to the last couple of seasons.
On Dugan, I think he had too many attacking deficiencies to be a fullback. Thats why the dragons wanted to move him to centre. Thats why he plays centre for Australia and for his new club the Sharks.

On Aitken, I think we all knew that he would be picked ahead of Mann. Mary won't change. Lafai and Aitken are the two centres he wants. Hell in 2016 when lafai was "injured" he still picked him for 16 rounds straight. Mary will pick the team he wants regardless of form. Oh and Mann will be on the bench in case you have not been paying attention to the last couple of seasons.
On Dugan, I think he had too many attacking deficiencies to be a fullback. Thats why the dragons wanted to move him to centre. Thats why he plays centre for Australia and for his new club the Sharks.

That's what I never got with Dugan.
When played for us you could see his catching and passing game was terrible, he could never set up a winger with a well timed pass, he would either throw the ball at the wingers feet or just drop the bloody thing cold in the first place.
But you put him in the centres for Australia and he turns into Gasnier.
It will be interesting to see how he plays for the Wobegongs.

dragon thomo

Juniors
1. Dufty
2.Nightingale
3.Lafai
4.Mann
5.Macdonald
6.Widdop
7.Hunt
8.Vahuan
9.Mcguiness
10.Graham
11.Frizell
12.Simms
13.DeBellin
14AuMau
15.Leilea
16.Host
17.Aitken
This is the side I believe McGregor will pick although he may go with Latimore instead of Host.

Como Connection

First Grade
1. Dufty
2.Nightingale
3.Lafai
4.Mann
5.Macdonald
6.Widdop
7.Hunt
8.Vahuan
9.Mcguiness
10.Graham
11.Frizell
12.Simms
13.DeBellin
14AuMau
15.Leilea
16.Host
17.Aitken
This is the side I believe McGregor will pick although he may go with Latimore instead of Host.
Two many second rowers.
Latimore will relace Host I reckon.
CC

BrissyRedV

Bench
Remind me of Darius Boyd's try scoring rate per game ratio again?
Apples and Oranges. Boyd made up for his lack of try scoring from fullback with the ability to play like a third playmaker, the ability to pass the ball and set up a try. Something Duges continually struggled with for us. In his defence however, he was under the tutelage of Mary and Price.

ALSGI

Bench
Imo, Duges was consistently amongst our best over the last few years despite his shortfalls.

His defence will be missed, his kick returns will be missed and his barnstorming runs will be missed. He had the ability to earn us a lot of penalties with his ‘work’ during and post contact.

His presence on the field will be missed.
His mistakes, finishing and injuries won’t be missed.

Opposition sides have to commit multiple players to defend against him as we will find out in a few weeks - just wish he could’ve passed when this hapened. Let’s hope Flano hasn’t taught him how to pass.

possm

Coach
That's what I never got with Dugan.
When played for us you could see his catching and passing game was terrible, he could never set up a winger with a well timed pass, he would either throw the ball at the wingers feet or just drop the bloody thing cold in the first place.
But you put him in the centres for Australia and he turns into Gasnier.
It will be interesting to see how he plays for the Wobegongs.
The Coach!
The Game Plan!

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So, McGregor states he has his top 18/19 already pencilled in for rd1, with only 2 spots in doubt. My guess one is related and concern right centre and bench utility.
Mann started last week and was more dominant than when Aitken came on. This week sees Aitken starting the game.
The other is 2nd row. Last week both Leilua and Sims started. This week Leilua starts
Also, with Host and now Lawrie with injuries, It would be hard for them to stake a claim for rd1 without game time.
IMO rd1 team will be:
1. Dufty
2. Nighty
3. Mann/Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Nene
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Friz
12. Leilua/Sims
13. JDB
14. LAM
15. Sims/Latimore
16. Sims/Leilua
17. Aitken/Mann

If Leilua starts that would be Sims to prop rotation but who gets the other bench forward spot seeing the injury to Host? It would mean that Latimore would start as 4th prop and Sims to start with Leilua off the bench.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Apples and Oranges. Boyd made up for his lack of try scoring from fullback with the ability to play like a third playmaker, the ability to pass the ball and set up a try. Something Duges continually struggled with for us. In his defence however, he was under the tutelage of Mary and Price.

Countering this is the fact Boyd had the luxury of playing with a far superior backline, particularly on the left.

Hornby, Cooper and Morris > McCrone, Aitken and MacDonald.

Apples and oranges indeed!

BrissyRedV

Bench
Countering this is the fact Boyd had the luxury of playing with a far superior backline, particularly on the left.

Hornby, Cooper and Morris > McCrone, Aitken and MacDonald.

Apples and oranges indeed!
I think its the right you mean, Soward, Gasnier, Flo > McCrone, Aitken, MacDonald. Our Left was pretty good last year scoring plenty of points. Anyway, he is gone now and it is time to move on. It would have solved our right centre issue had he stayed, but alas, that is not the case. If he sets the world on fire at the Sharks and learns how to pass/set up a try, good for him and them.

The Friz

Juniors
Dufty
Nighty
Lomax
Lafai
McDonald
Widdop
Hunt
Vaughan
McInnes
Graham