What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 NSWRL Senior Comps - ISP, Flegg, RMC, Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

imgunawin72

Juniors
Willis Meehan is a special type of thug and not indicative of GB, I hope he doesn't see a RL field for a long time.
I know a few of the GB players and they are decent blokes as are the staff, but there was a few (that I don't know today) that certainly didn't like the game being taken to them today and started walking a fine line in terms of filth, more than a couple of cheap shots dished out.
Yep I was there hope Willis Meehan doesn’t play our game again. Weak effort punching a bloke on the ground. If he was a true tough guy he would play prop not on the edge.

MountainMan

Juniors
If Meehan gets back on the field it would be too soon, absolutely thug of an act to punch someone on the ground, common assault on the street
Should be a lengthy stint on the side line surely.Thats a complete grub act.
Its a shame really,he has sporting talent quite obviously but not much between the ears .Young meehan will have a bucket load of regret when he matures down the track i think.

MountainMan

Juniors
RMC
Guildford 26 Blacktown 12
Hills 30 Wests 18

With Blacktown having to put an ISP team on the field this week, they were only left with 10 of the players that beat Cabra by 2 points last week. Guildford had the luxury of Mitch Achurch returning from injury. 3 tries in the first half by David Minute was not enough to provide a win to Wests.

SS
East Campbelltown 42 Hills 16
Moorebank 30 Wenty 28

Moorebank have succeeded in beating one of the big 4 and when they scored their 5th try a minute after half time to lead 28-4 it looked like it would be a flogging but Wenty lifted with 4 tries in the space of 20 minutes but were unable to bridge the gap in the last quarter of an hour.
He is a very damaging runner on his day David Minute..
Good to see Moorebank on the improve from a fairly poor season last year.That’s a good solid win.

kbw

Bench
Should be a lengthy stint on the side line surely.Thats a complete grub act.
Its a shame really,he has sporting talent quite obviously but not much between the ears .Young meehan will have a bucket load of regret when he matures down the track i think.

It gets worse, an official report was also made by one of the officials that Meehan called an F%$%ing Dog.

I get the feeling he won't regret anything. he will just blame everybody else. He thinks he is a gangster and is ruining others lives as well as his own

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
A good time to remind everyone that this isn't a place for character assassination. Stick to the footy.

Bluesfooty

Juniors
Abbas Miski played fullback for Wenty RMC on the weekend. Played a lot of ISP for Norths last year and played for Lebanon at the world cup, Have I missed his name or has he been absent so far this season??

rightleftin

Juniors
Yileen Gordon, who was playing for Mounties RMC earlier this season, has returned to Wenty and is named in their ISP team to play Mounties this weekend.

imgunawin72

Juniors
Yileen Gordon, who was playing for Mounties RMC earlier this season, has returned to Wenty and is named in their ISP team to play Mounties this weekend.
Wenty must be short or desperate, I would have thought they would have lots of up and coming young blokes

kbw

Bench
Abbas Miski played fullback for Wenty RMC on the weekend. Played a lot of ISP for Norths last year and played for Lebanon at the world cup, Have I missed his name or has he been absent so far this season??

I noticed that too, great kid is Abbas (reverse character assassination :) )
Wonder whether Nick Kassiss got him there

rightleftin

Juniors
Wenty must be short or desperate, I would have thought they would have lots of up and coming young blokes

Wenty ISP has plenty of Parramatta players, who are more likely to be up and coming young blokes, whereas the Wenty players in the team are more likely to experienced players. You need a mix otherwise ISP turns into another Flegg. Wenty ISP have finished in the bottom 4 in each of the last 3 years so they should be looking for some more experienced guys to correct the situation - if Parra lets them into the team.

Timmah

Staff member
I noticed that too, great kid is Abbas (reverse character assassination :) )
Wonder whether Nick Kassiss got him there
Do you think labelling someone a criminal on an open forum is kosher?

kbw

Bench
Do you think labelling someone a criminal on an open forum is kosher?

I appreciate your moderation and my comment about Abbas apart from knowing him and thinking highly of him as a person and player, was not meant as a dig at you but a bit of silliness to give you a smile. Sometimes things do not translate well on forums.

Timmah

Staff member
I appreciate your moderation and my comment about Abbas apart from knowing him and thinking highly of him as a person and player, was not meant as a dig at you but a bit of silliness to give you a smile. Sometimes things do not translate well on forums.
My comment itself was general - this forum and thread in particular has repeatedly become a place where people are sledging and that's not what it's here for.

Understood you were making a joke and whatnot but I'm just a bit fed up coming in here and seeing people's personal battles play out (and I know you weren't the one who made the criminal remark)

kbw

Bench
Is it more salary cap based ?
Does it work differently with teams that have NRL and NSW cup (eg Canterbury) and teams that don't (say Souths and Norths) ?

rightleftin

Juniors
The North Sydney website listed only 6 players in their ISP squad but Jesse Martin has gone to Canterbury/Cabra offset by the addition of Curtis Johnston, however, they regularly pick the twins from Asquith so maybe 8. In past years they had more than 20 with many going to CBGW, Hills and Asquith but with bigger NRL squads, Souths have pretty much taken over.

Pantherman72

Juniors
The North Sydney website listed only 6 players in their ISP squad but Jesse Martin has gone to Canterbury/Cabra offset by the addition of Curtis Johnston, however, they regularly pick the twins from Asquith so maybe 8. In past years they had more than 20 with many going to CBGW, Hills and Asquith but with bigger NRL squads, Souths have pretty much taken over.
Jackson Williams is also Asquiths and another Norths use every week due to having the smallest squad in the ISP which hurts Asquith every week.

Timmah

Staff member

Very interesting. Puts a pin in the plans spoken about earlier this year that Cabramatta would take up that space and the Roosters would pair up with the Jets.

Looking more likely the Roosters will just stand alone in ISP next season if they don't opt to go with Woy Woy or Erina.

imgunawin72

Juniors

Very interesting. Puts a pin in the plans spoken about earlier this year that Cabramatta would take up that space and the Roosters would pair up with the Jets.

Looking more likely the Roosters will just stand alone in ISP next season if they don't opt to go with Woy Woy or Erina.
Maybe bulldogs will continue their agreement with Cabramatta next year and beyond. Has the jets/ sharks deal been approved by the NSWRL?

Status
Not open for further replies.