What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

nick87

Coach
Isnt Boyd's deal at the Titans 600K per year? So Paulo getting 1 million banana's from the Eels in 2019...is that what you're saying?? Has Paulo leaving the Raiders even been confirmed ? Let alone how much he is supposed to get paid wherever he ends up. .

Skeepe over shot it.
Paulo is expected to leave on a 700-750k deal... though that's gone weirdly quiet. I wonder if the Raiders might be ready to overpay to keep him...

but if he left at 700k, that's 1.3m between them. Has anyone who watched the Raiders play this year felt they have a front row worth more than 10% of the salary cap?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yeah we just can't match that with how poorly balanced our side is. It is just we might go too far in the other direction and be undersized up front next year.

Ideally we would keep Papalii and somehow magically get a good prop

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Lets get this bad boy up to the top. Paul Vaughan smashes us while Boyd and Paulo are off to other clubs. Great work Ricky.

We just aren't going anywhere

thorson1987

Coach
Has he beat the Dragons since he started at the Raiders?

Pretty sure in his first matchup the Dragons won in Canberra.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Needs to go. Same story for 18 months and he isn't doing anything to change it. The squad has failure ingrained into them and there isn't a magic turning point while Sticks in charge.

wibble

Bench
They showed some decent form today against the current best team in the comp.

But it always felt like they couldn't find a way to actually win

AJB1102

First Grade
Just me or did Ricky seem pissed at Croker and Croker looked like he was shitting bricks?

Croker starts talking about how they say the same shit every week then Ricky starts tapping his fingers. Then stops. Then starts again when Croker interrupts him to makes his next dull poor me excuse.

Next Q I didn't hear well enough but whatever it was Ricky said "without pointing the finger at anyone" the halves and 9 play an important role in closing out a game BUT they have people around them who should be involved in those decision, then rambles off a bit into them not closing out games.

Thinking one of the people around the hooker and halves needing to step up might be a captain and according to some the "best young centre in the game".

Last edited:

myrrh ken

First Grade
Theres a vacancy in the nsw centres. Simple jack couldve been playing origin if he had been plying his trade there