What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd21: Parra v Titans GAME DAY thread 4/8/18

strider

Post Whore
For a start, no, that edge forward guy gets the ball a lot. Like once a set. He is kind of impressive in terms of metres after contact or whatever and he runs a good line...but he is like Tep. They can contend with him. It drives me crazy that he gets it before Hayne at all, let alone near the try line where teams have never been able to contend with Hayne.
So what is your backline? ... same as today?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
No, it is the same deal these days except the inside centre is an edge forward. It is still the case that the winger is barely involved close to the line. Which is exactly where we have stunk all year and where Hayne is easily, easily by the length of the field, our biggest threat.
But even at centre that young back rower gets the ball before him 4 times out of 5.
If we shift him back out I am going to tare my hair out and give in.

You really need to watch the game more, Hayne no matter where he plays has been roaming either side of the field, notice the try he set up last night? It was on the opposite side to which he plays!

Additionally see the try he scored? He just used his strength easily done from the wing.

Also as you mentioned he is dangerous running the ball, at wing he can run it as much as he wants.

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
Good to see the boys jag a win.

It’s humbling knowing we’re in contention for second last spot.

It’s very exciting.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
so what do we all think about Salmon, was that an impressive debut or what ?

Kornstar

Coach
Good to see the boys jag a win.

It’s humbling knowing we’re in contention for second last spot.

It’s very exciting.

f**k Yeah!!! Hoo Haaaaaaaa!!!

We are where we are but give me a f**king win any day of the week over another loss and people getting excited about the club sacking the coach.

I’m one of those weird people who f**king love winning, regardless of politics!!!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Bit hard to tell with only 15 mins. Looks pretty good size compared to other players and probably big enough for edge - some have suggested he may be to small for the edge role (not saying that’s where he should play)

IFR33K

Coach
We are where we are but give me a f**king win any day of the week over another loss and people getting excited about the club sacking the coach.

I’m one of those weird people who f**king love winning, regardless of politics!!!

I got that excited I rubbed 3 out. Of course we love winning.

Gronk

Staff member
Told ya. Give me the ball and I’ll show you how it’s done.

haynej-1870457rc.jpg