What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

What exact year was this special map?
They moved ten years ago apparently .

I didn’t enter my details into this map.
Ive been an NRL club member for ever.
Btw
I don’t give a shit where they live .
Playing club footy in a stadium that was built for the Olympics is never going to work as a spectacle.
Only a complete dope would suggest otherwise.

Woow now. I'm not defending the cavernous toilet bowl.
From a viewing and gameday perspective it's awful for club footy.

I was merely responding to your ridiculous assertion that Souths should necessarily play home games at the SFS because they're a Redfern based club.

The map was about 3 years ago and part of the "Claim your territory" campaign. It was widely publicised and had its own thread in here.
I'm dumbfounded that no regular contributor, much less one that takes such pride in derailing the crowd watch thread, doesn't remember it.

Attachments

• 322l7D4.jpg
    322l7D4.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 11

carcharias

Immortal
Souths have chosen not to play at the SFS.

Would Cronulla fans like it if other fans told them they should play where they don't want to?

Hahaha
I think they have.
Pretty sure they have actually.

I’m just saying the SFS is probably a better home ground for Souths
1) it is closer to South Sydney
2) the stadium is way way more suited to club rugby league

Funnily enough the roosters will share ANZ with souhs soon.
Hahahaha

Watch how shit their crowds will be out there.

carcharias

Immortal
Woow now. I'm not defending the cavernous toilet bowl.
From a viewing and gameday perspective it's awful for club footy.

I was merely responding to your ridiculous assertion that Souths should necessarily play home games at the SFS because they're a Redfern based club.

The map was about 3 years ago and part of the "Claim your territory" campaign. It was widely publicised and had its own thread in here.
I'm dumbfounded that no regular contributor, much less one that takes such pride in derailing the crowd watch thread, doesn't remember it.

So they didn’t move because of that study as you tried to suggest.

carcharias

Immortal
Why, and what is your source?

Just what I heard.
They will play there and maybe central coast.

Where else do you think will play while the SFS gets rebuilt?
Apparently ANZ pays squillions for teams to play there
Why?
That is a mystery.
Maybe they have a money tree.

Suitman

Post Whore
Just what I heard.

Why?
That is a mystery.

They used to. And it wasn't squillions.
Since the State govt bought ANZ, I don't believe this is any longer the case., unless they are honoring existing contracts until they run out.
Sydney FC have already said they will be taking most games to the SCG. I expect the Roosters will do the same. Already, compensation packages are being arranged between the clubs who play at Allianz for the inconvenience of the rebuild.

You can't just come out and say "The Roosters will soon be sharing ANZ with the Rabbitohs", when that clearly isn't the case. I asked you for a source and you didn't provide one. Just heresy and an off the cuff personal opinion. Stop stating things as facts, until you actually know the facts.

ReddFelon

Juniors
Just what I heard.

Why?
That is a mystery.

Actually dude most of those games are moving to the SCG because the Cricket Trust owns SFS. Chooks, Waratards and the soccer team are all playing in the circle.

Suitman

Post Whore
Lol.
No I didn't. You were talking to someone else at that point.

I just pointed out that there is in fact a survey which suggests South's have a metropolitan wide diaspora.

Which they indeed do. Here in the Hills District, there are Rabbitoh fans galore.

carcharias

Immortal
Lol.
No I didn't. You were talking to someone else at that point.

I just pointed out that there is in fact a survey which suggests South's have a metropolitan wide diaspora.
That is not what it looked like.

They have heaps of members.
I’d say from all over the state...doesn’t mean Homebush is good for anything other than paying them well to play there.

Anyway all I am saying is as a footy fan of another club it looks shit on tv and geographically makes no sense.
I’m basing this on the clubs history as a team from the south of Sydney.

carcharias

Immortal
Actually dude most of those games are moving to the SCG because the Cricket Trust owns SFS. Chooks, Waratards and the soccer team are all playing in the circle.

Can you say for sure they will not play any home games from ANZ?
I reckon they will
I reckon I’ll be right.

taipan

Referee
FWIW whilst the SFS is being built,
I understand the Roosters will use the SCG/CC and Adelaide v Storm.
When the ANZ elephant is being rebuilt I reckon Souths will use SCG and the new Parramatta Stadium, and a game in Perfff.
That would satisfy their respective fan bases.

I’d say from all over the state...doesn’t mean Homebush is good for anything other than paying them well to play there.

Anyway all I am saying is as a footy fan of another club it looks shit on tv and geographically makes no sense.

And I'm saying that I agree with you about ANZ and the bad look for the game. merkin of a joint.

But from a geographical perspective south's are very much one of the club's that suit the most central stadia in the metro area. They should probably even consider WSS when that's done.

In an ideal world there would be a 30k all seater at Sydenham on the new metro line for Souths, half Saints and Dogs, WSS for Parra and Tiges and a redevelopment $$$ for Shark Park, Penrith and Brookie (or relocate Manly to Gosford) as boutique suburban venues. The ease of transport to such a hypothetical stadium would offer the best of both worlds as far as proximity to traditional homes and access for the wider diaspora... But now I'm just day dreaming.
Easts could chill at the SFS with some pretty modest investment.

carcharias

Immortal
And I'm saying that I agree with you about ANZ and the bad look for the game. merkin of a joint.

But from a geographical perspective south's are very much one of the club's that suit the most central stadia in the metro area. They should probably even consider WSS when that's done.

In an ideal world there would be a 30k all seater at Sydenham on the new metro line for Souths, half Saints and Dogs, WSS for Parra and Tiges and a redevelopment $$$ for Shark Park, Penrith and Brookie (or relocate Manly to Gosford) as boutique suburban venues. The ease of transport to such a hypothetical stadium would offer the best of both worlds as far as proximity to traditional homes and access for the wider diaspora... But now I'm just day dreaming.
Easts could chill at the SFS with some pretty modest investment.

SFS makes more sense than Homebush to me.
I grew up in an era where teams played out of areas they were named after.

Pommy

Coach
Point is rabbits already share a ground with another team
So what is the difference if they played out of the SFS with the roosters?
Roosters are only there because the sports ground isn’t up to scratch...same excuse as Redfern .

It wouldnt be a problem but you’re talking like it doesn’t make sense that Souths played a home game at home.
For all SFS was and could be their home ground it isn’t in 2018.
It suits Souths more to be at ANZ for now. Perhaps with a better transport link that might change in the future.

SFS makes more sense than Homebush to me.
I grew up in an era where teams played out of areas they were named after.

You’re bitching about crowds being shit but want to make it harder for fans to get to games. Souths fans don’t live in south Sydney any more, times have changed.

Geographically it makes a lot of sense for a team that has fans covering the entire city to play in a more central stadium.
If we were talking about Panthers, Manly or Sharks I would totally agree with your logic. It doesn’t follow that it’s good for Souths though. No idea why you’re taking about history when we’re living in 2018 not 1908.

Granted ANZ is a dump and I wouldn’t be against a move to WSS, SFS or even Campbelltown but your argument is flawed.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
It’s a bloody 80k stadium though.

When 14 k show up it is embarrassing.
It looks woeful
Last night looked average at best... only because the stadium is way way way too big for club footy.

In the SFS 26k would’ve looked pretty good.

That is my point
Not where the f**k you reckon people live.

You all want huge crowds.
Nothing about a game in ANZ will excite anyone to get off their arse to go.

Latest posts