What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 51.1%

• Total voters

Gazzamatta

Coach
I remember him having an outstanding year in the 20s. Massive potential. He then just faided in the 2s. Not sure Wenty has ever been a great environment to bring our good kids into. I guess we will see with this crop.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Did he actually get a run in first grade? I don't think he did but not positive.

No he didn’t, but the rumour was BA wanted him the play in the forwards but he refused too (as he wanted to play in the halves), so was released (also his form in the halves in nsw cup wasn’t great). Then the roosters told him the same thing and he agreed.

hindy111

Post Whore
Griffins has basically coached at 2 clubs which during his time had the best junior pathways so of course he is going to have the ability to promote junior players!!

Really what eel juniors have BA not blooded but have gone onto greater things elsewhere? Twal and Aloiai are the only 2 playing regularly NRL while they are going ok they aren’t any better then what we already have.

Terepo and Mannah on bench . If had to chose over Terepo? Ha no way. Terepo is far better. Even Mannah is. Neither make our 17 let alone improve it.

hindy111

Post Whore
Matterson is just in a good side. And cards havr fallen his way. An Nrl player but nothing great.

Avenger

Immortal
Even though I don’t really rate Ben Ikin he did for once in his life make a good comment on NRL360.

Crawley was going all Balkan on BA until Ikin said that before you decide what to do with your coach you must as a board ask yourself if the coach in front of you can win you a premiership?

So I ask my fellow Eels supporters. Do you see Arthur bringing us a title after 30 odd years? Initially I must admit I thought he would but his window was in 2016 and last year. Now all I can see is a concrete wall.

Gronk

Staff member
Even though I don’t really rate Ben Ikin he did for once in his life make a good comment on NRL360.

Crawley was going all Balkan on BA until Ikin said that before you decide what to do with your coach you must as a board ask yourself if the coach in front of you can win you a premiership?

So I ask my fellow Eels supporters. Do you see Arthur bringing us a title after 30 odd years? Initially I must admit I thought he would but his window was in 2016 and last year. Now all I can see is a concrete wall.

Broncos are coming good because of the wealth of junior talent coming through.

Teams like Souths are a good example of sound recruiting and good coaching.

Sharks have a stacked roster. I have said this all year notwithstanding the current brouhaha.

Storm have a good coach riding on the backs of GOAT players. It will be interesting to see how Bellyache goes without Smith & Slater in his teams.

Not saying that BA is the answer, but I bet that he could do well with the Broncos roster. He's a good coach and is respected by the players. Unfortunately he and Trent Barrett seem to have faced unnecessary hurdles this year in what is already a tough gig.

I am looking forward to next year, but not the media frenzy that will be created by the Telecrap speculating about BA's future all season as they have with the Broncos. Very destabilising, but not sure how you avoid it.

eel01s

Bench
Last year showed us the best of BA. Got us to the finals. Got the team "up" to beat the Storm in the 1st final. We lost. Got smashed the next week by an understrength Cowboys.

We couldn't play well 2 weeks in a row in our first finals series in 8 years?

To go further we need a new coach.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Last year showed us the best of BA. Got us to the finals. Got the team "up" to beat the Storm in the 1st final. We lost. Got smashed the next week by an understrength Cowboys.

We couldn't play well 2 weeks in a row in our first finals series in 8 years?

To go further we need a new coach.

Shane Flanagan and Trent Robinson coached sides also choked against that Cowboys side with teams probably a bit better then ours..........

emjaycee

Coach

Yep, with the right players and an even playing field provided by the NRL where each team goes into each game (normal rounds or finals) where the only deciding factor is who plays the better football.

Avenger

Immortal
BA’s biggest flaw as a coach has been his recruiting/retention and being too loyal to the immature misfits.