What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Bye Latrell

Rabbits20

Immortal
The judiciary must uphold the ban.... yes Dugan was falling a bit but you can’t crush the neck.

typicalfan

Coach
Semi finals should be 150 points, State of origin 175 and gf 200.

As for the tackle I think he is in trouble.

Valheru

Coach
The judiciary must uphold the ban.... yes Dugan was falling a bit but you can’t crush the neck.

Why must they? We have a right to contest it.

You still haven't answered my question re: tackle on Latrell earlier this year that was very similar resulting in Latrell being carted off without so much as Cleary being cited.

jack coburn

Juniors
How funny rabs20 meltdown cause he’s scared of Mitchell playing. Don’t worry the scabs should win anyway on form. Either team that played Friday will beat all other comings so stop being a sook

The_Shield

Juniors

You still haven't answered my question re: tackle on Latrell earlier this year that was very similar resulting in Latrell being carted off without so much as Cleary being cited.
The Cleary one was not very similar, that one was clearly accidental, and can’t be used as a defence for Latrell anyway. The Chambers tackle is the one that’s very similar

See, reading that, to me it appears that because he's had a non similar offence in the last 2 years, 20% loading should be added. So;

Penalty points: Early plea 108
Penalty points: Guilty plea 144

Plus his 75 carry over points, they'd be silly to challenge it.

Yes he has a +20% loading, but if he pleaded guilty he would get a 25% discount. It looks like they have calculated it like this -

Early Guilty Plea: Base penalty 100 points + 20% (for priors) = 120 points - 25% (for early guilty plea) = 90 points.

Found guilty: Base penalty 100 points + 20% (for priors) = 120 points.

The guilty plea discount appears to apply to the final points calculation.

This is the table of the base charges from the NRL's website - https://www.nrl.com/operations/the-game/judiciary-code/

Hope that is of some assistance.

myrrh ken

First Grade

- Cleary tackle

- Mitchell tackle

Chalk and cheese.

Mitchell is in full control of Dugan's head. He grapples, moves backwards , stops, then makes a deliberate movement downwards.

Cleary has jumped off his feet, his body moves in one motion in the air and he unfortunately lands on Mitchell's head. Accidental.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors

Very Similar? lol... They are no where near the same...

Exsilium

First Grade
When you have hold of the head/neck and you allow your body to drop to the ground whilst maintaining a hold on the players head and neck region, you’re asking for trouble.

Chambers had the same action.

Latest posts