What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Bye Latrell

Barkley

Bench
Mitchell - 59 metres - 10 post contact metres - 4 tackle breaks - 1 offload - 11 tackles

Chambers - 105 metres - 29 post contact metres - 3 tackle breaks - 1 offload - 16 tackles

Yeah Will must be terrified. Now I know that Chambers ain’t gunna get any respect from anyone here but you people gotta stop kissing Latrells arse like he’s the second coming of Jesus or something.

Missing one more key stat...

2018 Premiership Winner

Mitchell - 1
Chambers - 0

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Considering how much logic has been shown in this thread has it been claimed picking gagai over chambers is racist?

Some of you people are downright stupid. Chambers isn't shit, he's a world class player that was unfortunately up against a once in generation type player and got dominated.

Look back over the last decade, Greg Inglis was destroying the likes of Gasnier, Lyon, Morris etc were they all shit or just up against a special talent?

Valheru

Coach
Some of you people are downright stupid. Chambers isn't shit, he's a world class player that was unfortunately up against a once in generation type player and got dominated.

Look back over the last decade, Greg Inglis was destroying the likes of Gasnier, Lyon, Morris etc were they all shit or just up against a special talent?

Perhaps my memory is shot but I recall Gasnier handling Inglis quite well in the 07-10 period. That's not to say he dominated him or won the battle but he certainly held his own.

Chambers has been absolutely destroyed on multiple occasions now.

On a side note, one has to wonder if QLD would ever shift Inglis to the right to cover Latrell. That would be a battle to see.

mozza91

Coach
I wouldn’t call Chambers shit but he’s not that good either. Ok player in a great team. His deficiencies become pretty obvious when matched up against a quality centre.

Put him in any other club side and he wouldn’t be playing Representative footy.

Perhaps my memory is shot but I recall Gasnier handling Inglis quite well in the 07-10 period. That's not to say he dominated him or won the battle but he certainly held his own.

On a side note, one has to wonder if QLD would ever shift Inglis to the right to cover Latrell. That would be a battle to see.
Across 07-10 Inglis and Gasnier clashed twice at origin and one of the occasions Inglis played probably his greatest ever game at State of Origin - Gaz got carved up worse then Chambers did against Latrell. Although it probably didn't help that he was carrying an injury and he had Steve Turner next to him. In the other game I though Gaz completely outplayed Inglis, probably should have gotten MOTM honours but missed out.

Also at this stage Latrell would totally destroy Inglis.

I wouldn’t call Chambers shit but he’s not that good either. Ok player in a great team. His deficiencies become pretty obvious when matched up against a quality centre.

Put him in any other club side and he wouldn’t be playing Representative footy.
How many centres out there do you think are better than Chambers?

Latrell
Maybe Manu
Maybe Marstars

I think at this stage he's probably better then Inglis.

Tommy Smith

Referee

Joey Manu arguably gave GI a bigger bath in the Prelim than Latrell ever has to Chambers.

It was such a 1-on-1 annihilaton that it may have been the catalyst for GIs heavy drinking and driving rampage.

So God help GI if he ever had to match up against Latrell as well.

Joey Manu arguably gave GI a bigger bath in the Prelim than Latrell ever has to Chambers.

It was such a 1-on-1 annihilaton that it may have been the catalyst for GIs heavy drinking and driving rampage.

So God help GI if he ever had to match up against Latrell as well.
It wasn't that dominant by Manu but yeah he did outplay GI. I think there was an instance when he even fended off Greg Inglis lol.

I’d take Mitchell, Inglis, Leilua, Ramien, Roberts and probably Marsters ahead of him.
Leilua and Roberts can't tackle - furthermore Leilua hasn't really done anything and Roberts is a passenger at Origin level. Ramien is good but too early to compare him to a seasoned campaigner.

mozza91

Coach
Leilua and Roberts can't tackle - furthermore Leilua hasn't really done anything and Roberts is a passenger at Origin level. Ramien is good but too early to compare him to a seasoned campaigner.
Leilua and Roberts are far more dangerous attacking players. Chambers defence doesn’t make up for that imo.

Young or not I’d rather have Ramien in my team and will next year :heart_eyes:

Leilua and Roberts are far more dangerous attacking players. Chambers defence doesn’t make up for that imo.

Young or not I’d rather have Ramien in my team and will next year :heart_eyes:
What do you mean? Roberts was a total passenger in Origin while Leilua has been garbage as of late - neither of them have proven themselves at Origin level while Chambers has. Ramien is good but he's got to prove himself for longer then a season and get some rep footy in before we can compare him to a seasoned international.