What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week 2: Sharks vs Panthers

franklin2323

Immortal
Ok, answer this question. If Hook had been coach, would we have beaten the Sharks? Or put differently,if Hook had been coach could we have gone further?

If the answer to that question is no, then the decision had no impact, adverse or positive.

My own view is we are not yet ready for the GF because our forward pack isn't good enough yet. We are still too inconsistent. Hook as coach doesn't change that. I think we are exactly in the same place we would have been if Hook was still coach. The only difference is, the slate is clean and the team is ready for a fresh start in the off season. The coaching issue has already been dealt with, we can now focus on next year and choosing a coach to take us to the next level.

We were never going to improve so what was the point? All it did was portray the club negatively. Look at the BS that came about Ivan coming too

franklin2323

Immortal
Do we win against the Sharks under Hook? I don't know, no one knows.

At the end of the day we didn't exceed expectations & our reputation as a club took a huge hit. There's plenty of reasons why people would be questioning the decision.

Why did we have to mention Ivan's name? That side of it was a mistake

franklin2323

Immortal
I find it fascinating that the issue is we aren't criticizing enough players. Most want Merrin gone after 2 bad years. Mansour is slowly falling from grace. Peachey is leaving. Tamou has been getting shit all year but has been good at the end of this season and I thought he had an ok game. None of them are game managers though.

This is true but look at the set when Blake scooted on the last. None of those you mentioned came in to take a hit up to get us too the post. It was a poor end collectively.

They had 2 shots we had one in the end. That says more about the build up then anything

mxlegend99

Referee
No f**king way we win against Sharks under Hook. Nor do we beat Storm with him. We never beat either team with him here. Honestly we more than likely scrape into the finals and get knocked out week 1.

Hook has never won 2 finals matches in a season. Nor has he ever beaten a top 4 team in the finals.
He has never beaten Bellamy.
We havent beaten Sharks since the day he arrived.

Our season was on a downward spiral from our first bye. Hook refused to accept help to fix it. If he had been willing to work with people we could have had the same turnaround. I think the greats who helped had a lot more effect then swapping from Hook to Ciro.

OldPanther

Coach
This is true but look at the set when Blake scooted on the last. None of those you mentioned came in to take a hit up to get us too the post. It was a poor end collectively.

They had 2 shots we had one in the end. That says more about the build up then anything

I blame a the marker being offside. He was next to Blake when he got the ball.

TheFrog

Coach
No f**king way we win against Sharks under Hook.
What's the point of making completely hypothetical statements like this? Hook was sacked 4 weeks out from the finals. Ciraldo did pretty well in the circumstances. We are now out. Nothing more to say really.

martielang

Bench
No f**king way we win against Sharks under Hook. Nor do we beat Storm with him. We never beat either team with him here. Honestly we more than likely scrape into the finals and get knocked out week 1.

Hook has never won 2 finals matches in a season. Nor has he ever beaten a top 4 team in the finals.
He has never beaten Bellamy.
We havent beaten Sharks since the day he arrived.

Our season was on a downward spiral from our first bye. Hook refused to accept help to fix it. If he had been willing to work with people we could have had the same turnaround. I think the greats who helped had a lot more effect then swapping from Hook to Ciro.

Mate we won 2 out of 5 & Let’s not sugar coat it we beat Melbourne when they were severely weakened. We showed great heart granted, but we showed that the majority of the time under Hook. We didn’t play as well as we had previously in the year under Hook either & the performance on Friday, well Hook would of been crucified for a team performance of that standard in a final.

I understand you don’t agree with me but I just can’t understand why people are upset when Buzz has asked a legitimate question regardless of his agenda.

age.s

First Grade
I understand you don’t agree with me but I just can’t understand why people are upset when Buzz has asked a legitimate question regardless of his agenda.

Cause it's Buzz. He's a grade a dickhead. He'd be bitching if we won the comp. You can't just disregard his agenda.

franklin2323

Immortal
The forwards were shit but Mansour is copping it unfairly. 16 runs for 155m. Almost all of them were tough runs off our line that the peahearted forwards should have taken

I mean more so in the last 10mins. Look at the set Blake had the scoot on the last. A shot should of been taken the tackle before and should of stayed more in field... That is where guys like Mansour should of gotten involved to get us where we can take a shot

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Mate we won 2 out of 5 & Let’s not sugar coat it we beat Melbourne when they were severely weakened. We showed great heart granted, but we showed that the majority of the time under Hook. We didn’t play as well as we had previously in the year under Hook either & the performance on Friday, well Hook would of been crucified for a team performance of that standard in a final.

3 out of 6 friendo.

Wins:
Titans
Storm
Warriors

Losses:
Knights
Warriors
Sharks

mxlegend99

Referee
3 out of 6 friendo.

Wins:
Titans
Storm
Warriors

Losses:
Knights
Warriors
Sharks
Storm and Sharks were top 4.
Warriors x2 were top 8

Considering our form before he took over, that's a massive turnaround without a soft draw to help it. 2/4 wins over top 8 sides.

But it still wasnt good enough to make this season a success. We needed Hook gone a lot earlier. More time to improve. 6 games and no pre-season or bye etc. Wasnt long enough.

betcats

Referee

Lol talking down a 6 game coach now Martie. We gonna take buzz seriously now.

chrisD

Coach
Games still went to the same script as before he was booted, but at least we did attack something like a normal team. Was more about which Maloney turned up than any coaching I feel.

Latest posts