What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week 2: Sharks vs Panthers

TheFrog

Coach
That’s because even though we lost we still f**ked them up physically last week, there were some brutal hits. We gifted that win for the Storm, wrapped it in bubble wrap, applied the postage and handling and delivered straight to their front door.
A very predictable result in a very ordinary preliminary final. The Storm just went through the motions in the second half and the Sharks weren't good enough to cause them bother. Moylan and Holmes were both poo. The Storm were workmanlike, but no more. I think they'll be troubled bigtime by either of tonight's sides, Billy or not.

unKwn

Juniors
similar to last year how we battered the broncos but still lost. the broncos then got killed by Melbourne

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
similar to last year how we battered the broncos but still lost. the broncos then got killed by Melbourne

I feel so proud being a supporter of a team that can boast the ability to win games one week in the future for other teams. It’s the best and is in no way worse than actually just winning the game ourselves.

mxlegend99

Referee
Martie I am happy as f**king hell at the changes the club has gone through the past couple of months. Had it happened sooner we could be lining up for a grand final this week. Although even if we don't. Its just great to see the playing group happy again and to have reason to be optimistic about their development.

OldPanther

Coach
Martie I am happy as f**king hell at the changes the club has gone through the past couple of months. Had it happened sooner we could be lining up for a grand final this week. Although even if we don't. Its just great to see the playing group happy again and to have reason to be optimistic about their development.

This. @herbert henry1908 might be right about Nathan but at least the club is doing what it can for the positive development of the players. I'm pretty happy with that.

franklin2323

Immortal
Perception is everything I guess. I still struggle to see any difference we had. Still did dumb stuff and gave up big leads. I know Cleary's short kicks changed but he did play 2 games without Maloney. Which would of helped those stats

Look at the Cows game up there. Maloney put a kicking Masterclass on under hook.

We had the same amount of forced dropouts as Broncs, Warriors. Had more than Storm and Dragons

Not saying we won't see a new team after a pre season but no team with Crichton on the wing will win the comp

Last edited:
This. @herbert henry1908 might be right about Nathan but at least the club is doing what it can for the positive development of the players. I'm pretty happy with that.

If I’m right about Nathan Cleary he’ll be a good club halfback, I don’t have a problem with his ability. I’m just realistic about it.

My problem is that he’s likely being overpaid.

OldPanther

Coach
If I’m right about Nathan Cleary he’ll be a good club halfback, I don’t have a problem with his ability. I’m just realistic about it.

My problem is that he’s likely being overpaid.

He might be. Though he's likely being paid based on being the halfback when Maloney leaves rather than his value right now. There's a significant difference although he will have to improve to be worth that and has said he accepts the responsibility.

He might be. Though he's likely being paid based on being the halfback when Maloney leaves rather than his value right now. There's a significant difference although he will have to improve to be worth that and has said he accepts the responsibility.

He’s certainly got a fantastic attitude, but as I’ve said before I think his ability will be very coach dependent. If Ivan Cleary does become our coach I don’t expect Nathan to reach the heights others expect of him. Ivan isn’t known for attacking structures.

martielang

Bench

Each to their own but I still think it could/should of waited to the end of the year. I saw nothing in our play over the last 6 weeks that was significantly better then the previous 20 rounds, with the exception of our kicking game. We were also bog average in the semi v Sharks & Hook would of got crucified if we'd played that way under him.

I just thought it was an all round poor look for the club. We then have our GM go on national TV, sit smugly with a couple of his boys & take personal pot shots at a bloke that's just lost his job. Who the f**k would think that would help the cause/club in anyway?

franklin2323

Immortal
Each to their own but I still think it could/should of waited to the end of the year. I saw nothing in our play over the last 6 weeks that was significantly better then the previous 20 rounds, with the exception of our kicking game. We were also bog average in the semi v Sharks & Hook would of got crucified if we'd played that way under him.

I just thought it was an all round poor look for the club. We then have our GM go on national TV, sit smugly with a couple of his boys & take personal pot shots at a bloke that's just lost his job. Who the f**k would think that would help the cause/club in anyway?

That and the Ivan part was a bad look.

A simple press release stating details will be given post season would of been enough