What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Finals 2018

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
In 30 years of watching League I don't think I've ever seen a worse option taken than running it on the last tackle, 30m from your own line, with 1min left on the clock with scores tied in an elimination finals game

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
In 30 years of watching League I don't think I've ever seen a worse option taken than running it on the last tackle, 30m from your own line, with 1min left on the clock with scores tied in an elimination finals game

Brain-snaps. Coach-killers. Dumb stuff all round. Gee, we'd murder the likes of Ken, Solomone, et al, if they did some of the idiotic things we've seen this weekend.

Blair

Coach
got to feel for Ah Mau. Might be a bit tortured after that strip with 2 mins to go.

Yeah, I'm concerned we'll have to pay the sports psychologist's bill over the summer.

Loose carries always remind me of my old man, I can hear him now...'Oh, shit-oh-dear, just hold the bloody ball! That bloody Gutenbeil!...'

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Top 6 are a cut above the rest TBH
Particularly in the forwards. We would've got creamed in the forwards giving our halves nothing but plenty of defenders to stare at. Burgess bros, Crighton and new comer Cameron Murray coming through nicely and giving Reynolds some real platform as well as momentum. Dragons on the other hand with De Ballin, Frizzell, Ah Mau, Tariq Sims and James Graham, were very unlucky after giving their team everything.

JJ

Immortal
Particularly in the forwards. We would've got creamed in the forwards giving our halves nothing but plenty of defenders to stare at. Burgess bros, Crighton and new comer Cameron Murray coming through nicely and giving Reynolds some real platform as well as momentum. Dragons on the other hand with De Ballin, Frizzell, Ah Mau, Tariq Sims and James Graham, were very unlucky after giving their team everything.
Yep Penrith and the Dragons found themselves again and were great. Still like Souths but the loss to Melbourne might tell

Major lack of game management and leadership in final set.
Ah Mau will fit right in. Poor attention to detail when all the tackles in the set Rabbits tried a strip.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
What a huge surprise that Melbourne are being very well looked after by Sutton tonight, Lewis having words about it but won't be to any avail

NRL won't want to go near Billy's shoulder charge during the week

What a huge surprise that Melbourne are being very well looked after by Sutton tonight, Lewis having words about it but won't be to any avail

Happened to Fus (I think) trying to score in corner (edit:Zero covered this above) this year and wasnt even penalised and RTS and SJ pointed it out to ref.
Billy got any carry over points?
As it's a clear grade 1 shoulder charge.
I also believe it's illegal play in the action of scoring a try = professional foul so should have been 10mins as well.

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Remember that one on Fus, should have been a penalty but not quite as blatant as this one.

If it was a Charlie Gubb type of player, it would be multiple weeks, Billy will probably get an award for bravery from it though

Was really looking forward to these prelim finals, but the blatant officiating of one side only makes you a bit dissolutioned with it all.

How many times before tonight have you seen someone be told to have another go by the ref for an incorrect play the ball rather than being penalised ?

Blair

Coach

Let's just call this Billy Slater love-in the 'BS Show' for the next week or so, ay?

JJ

Immortal
Remember that one on Fus, should have been a penalty but not quite as blatant as this one.

If it was a Charlie Gubb type of player, it would be multiple weeks, Billy will probably get an award for bravery from it though

Was really looking forward to these prelim finals, but the blatant officiating of one side only makes you a bit dissolutioned with it all.

How many times before tonight have you seen someone be told to have another go by the ref for an incorrect play the ball rather than being penalised ?
We'd be there all night if they kept giving Kata more goes

Man I dislike Melbourne, go the Bunnies

We'd be there all night if they kept giving Kata more goes

Man I dislike Melbourne, go the Bunnies

Not a Melbourne "fan" but got to admire their ability to lose players, bring in new blood and make another Grand Final.
3 years in a row.
Last time they didn't feature in finals was 2010 (stripped points for salary cap).
What would anyone give for Warriors to have half their success?
I wish Bellamy would have tested himself and gone to the Warriors.

Reactions: JJ

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Looking forward to hearing the rule change or change in interpretation that Greenberg will trot out today to ensure Billy is on hand to collect his Clive Churchill Medal next Sunday

Has been good enough over the years for Lomax, Ricketson and Luke to miss Grand Finals but can't have Billy the great missing one