What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this bloke is a bit of a gossip writer: But: He says Nathan is signing without a Dad clause. According to Weidler Ivan will be signed for 2021. So playing the long game, it will be up to W/T to release him early (if they desire) This is a good move as i didn't want W/T gettng money or players.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/pa...d-there-is-no-dad-clause-20180922-p505fv.html

I’d be stunned if the Tigers didn’t buckle, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they get some money compensation. They need to look like they got something out of the mess.

franklin2323

Immortal
If we can fix our back 3 and hooking position plus off load Merrin we will be a force.
However the worry is we have only signed Tim Grant and MWZ for next year IMO both are only NSW cup standard

That is the thing those guys are good for depth. Much better to use in big games then a rookie. Still do nothing to strengthen the top 17

franklin2323

Immortal
We seem to constantly get younger though, I don’t see any signs of us slowing the player turnover.

I think in part this is driven by the obsession with our juniors, for a long time ive noticed many fans get more upset over losing a promising junior than a seasoned pro.

I don't think we nessarily get younger. Moreso don't get anymore experienced it is a large part of why we can't beat the top teams regularly

franklin2323

Immortal
Short term pain for long term gain. 2020 onward I see us as a premiership force IF we can keep a core of players to gain the required experience. Cleary will be a seasoned rep player by then for example.

Adding 26 games still puts Cleary under 100 games. We need guys around 200 games guys that have fixed flaws in their games etc.

Don't get me wrong I see no reason we don't make the 8.. I just don't think we have done enough to close the gap to the great teams

OldPanther

Coach
We seem to constantly get younger though, I don’t see any signs of us slowing the player turnover.

I think in part this is driven by the obsession with our juniors, for a long time ive noticed many fans get more upset over losing a promising junior than a seasoned pro.

I can't stand the constant turnover. A few should come and go here and there but we should keep a core group of players who play 150 - 250+ for the club.

I can't stand the constant turnover. A few should come and go here and there but we should keep a core group of players who play 150 - 250+ for the club.

It’s been a constant problem with our club, not just the Gould era.

The panthers have had 578 players since 1967, only 8 of them have played more than 200. None have played more than 250.

Only 44 of the 578 have played between 100-200 games.

Carter
Symmons
Puletua
Alexander
Izzard
Gower
Lewis
Girdler

Are the 8.

OldPanther

Coach
Adding 26 games still puts Cleary under 100 games. We need guys around 200 games guys that have fixed flaws in their games etc.

Don't get me wrong I see no reason we don't make the 8.. I just don't think we have done enough to close the gap to the great teams

Every season they get more games. Plus the rep and Finals experience makes pur 50 - 100 game players worth a bit more from an experience point of view. Just need to allow them to get to 200+ games. Won't happen if we replace them.

OldPanther

Coach

The panthers have had 578 players since 1967, only 8 of them have played more than 200. None have played more than 250.

Carter
Symmons
Puletua
Alexander
Izzard
Gower
Lewis
Girdler

Are the 8.

That's a huge problem. Gotta stop that at some point.

TheFrog

Coach
Luke Lewis definitely should have been a 300 game Panther. Hopefully Cleary can be the first or maybe even Yeo
Maybe he'll write a book so we can know just why he left, and for that matter why he was stripped of the captaincy. I've got a feeling one P. Civoiniceva had something to do with it.

Abacus

Juniors
Maybe he'll write a book so we can know just why he left, and for that matter why he was stripped of the captaincy. I've got a feeling one P. Civoiniceva had something to do with it.
Nothing to do with Petero. Lewis just didn't want to be part of a long-term rebuild during the last years of his career - he wanted another premiership.

Dodgy

Juniors

Carter
Symmons
Puletua
Alexander
Izzard
Gower
Lewis
Girdler

Are the 8.
My avatar has played 140.

Whino

Bench

Thats why I get the shits when players get moved on 12-18 months after signing a long term deal.
I like following players careers here. From the lower grades to FG, You see them become something, then after a little while they are gone and the whole process starts again and again.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Thats why I get the shits when players get moved on 12-18 months after signing a long term deal.
I like following players careers here. From the lower grades to FG, You see them become something, then after a little while they are gone and the whole process starts again and again.

This is it for me. CHN perfect example nothing special contract wise yet gone out the door

Status
Not open for further replies.