What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See ya Slater

Morehead St

Juniors
So in other words, you got nothing. Have a nice Ok let me explain again why he got off. For it to be a shoulder charge there must be no use of or attempted use of the arms. It’s been well documented here multiple times that Slaters arm are involved in the tackle. Therefore it cannot be a shoulder charge. It’s a technicality sure but that’s just how it is. It’s similar situation to both the Jack Whighton tackle and the Mick Ennis one, a technicality in the way the rule is written means that technically it wasn’t a shoulder charge. It will stay that way until the rule is changed. Have a nice day

Righto. Let’s get this straight: “For it to be a shoulder charge there must be no use of or attempted use of the arms.”
Now, please look at the snip captures from the video. Tell me where the arms are used in the tackle, or are attempted to be used.

upload_2018-9-30_17-31-23.png
His right never touches Feki - even if it did it was never meant to be a part of the tackle. It flung forward when Slater's momentum was halted after their shoulders contacted.
I agree that a split second still can be misleading, so please find your own evidence from the few seconds video and put it up here so that we can all SEE what you are hoping to persuade us of.
However, please do not insult us or yourself by believing that it was a clear non-shoulder charge. If so, why did it take a highly paid silk two hours to argue what is obvious?
Further, why did it take the panel an hour to agree with what all Slater supporters believe is so clear cut?
The best the Slater defenders can say is that it was an East-West shoulder collision or bump. For someone who loves quoting the rule, please point those words in the rules. That is, where does it say E-W or N-S or 'front on' in the rules?
Further, where did any official from the NRL ever say that the rule was even intended for N-S only hits? That has just been made up for the Slater case.
The next best defence say more force came from Slater’s hip. The following doubts that interpretation as a hit to Feki centre would cause his top half to remain upright while his hip and thighs are buckled outwards. The still here is the exact opposite.
upload_2018-9-30_17-30-25.png

Here, Feki’s head, shoulders/torso are clearly knocked over from the top downwards because that is where the bump first hit him with full force. He has taken the hit at a high point, resulting in him being off his feet and toppling over.
The last refuge of the scoundrel rests on the supposed lack of time Slater had to make a proper tackle. That is not so as we can see in the top still Slater has his left arm across his body (he does not run with his arms swinging side to side as my little daughter does). He is preparing to use his shoulder. Even if true, then that is bad luck – just ask any player flicking out the arm when being stepped inside and being ordered off for a stiff arm.
upload_2018-9-30_17-29-32.png

This is not a defender ready to use his right arm to make first contact in a tackle. Slater has already made up his mind to stop the bigger man with his shoulder. Just think of it for a second - a right arm left shoulder tackle combo. Surely even you can see how ridiculous that is?
upload_2018-9-30_17-27-21.png

Contact has still not been made, so where is this famous silver right arm – on the grassy knoll, no doubt?
So, we have no arms, no E-W BS, no hip, no no-time.
All you really have is: “He’s a champ in his last game. The fans and the ratings will love it. With that the case for the defence of William Slater rests Me Lard.”
Bang Bang of a gavel (or a Bump Bump of a gavel) “Not Guilty. Mr Slater you are free to go, and good luck with the CCM.”
Before I leave, the following quote of yours is not an argument or a valid explanation: “It’s been well documented here multiple times that Slaters arm are involved in the tackle. Therefore it cannot be a shoulder charge.”
With due respect to the contrarians, far more voices here have said it was a shoulder charge, so by your logic, “Therefore it is a shoulder charge.”

Now, you have an even nicer day.
Oh, before I forget, you may wish to read this to assist in your pleasantries:
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/slater...nd-and-just-plain-stupid-20180928-p506nm.html

The_Shield

Juniors
Righto. Let’s get this straight: “For it to be a shoulder charge there must be no use of or attempted use of the arms.”
Now, please look at the snip captures from the video. Tell me where the arms are used in the tackle, or are attempted to be used.

View attachment 23894
His right never touches Feki - even if it did it was never meant to be a part of the tackle. It flung forward when Slater's momentum was halted after their shoulders contacted.
I agree that a split second still can be misleading, so please find your own evidence from the few seconds video and put it up here so that we can all SEE what you are hoping to persuade us of.
However, please do not insult us or yourself by believing that it was a clear non-shoulder charge. If so, why did it take a highly paid silk two hours to argue what is obvious?
Further, why did it take the panel an hour to agree with what all Slater supporters believe is so clear cut?
The best the Slater defenders can say is that it was an East-West shoulder collision or bump. For someone who loves quoting the rule, please point those words in the rules. That is, where does it say E-W or N-S or 'front on' in the rules?
Further, where did any official from the NRL ever say that the rule was even intended for N-S only hits? That has just been made up for the Slater case.
The next best defence say more force came from Slater’s hip. The following doubts that interpretation as a hit to Feki centre would cause his top half to remain upright while his hip and thighs are buckled outwards. The still here is the exact opposite.
View attachment 23893

Here, Feki’s head, shoulders/torso are clearly knocked over from the top downwards because that is where the bump first hit him with full force. He has taken the hit at a high point, resulting in him being off his feet and toppling over.
The last refuge of the scoundrel rests on the supposed lack of time Slater had to make a proper tackle. That is not so as we can see in the top still Slater has his left arm across his body (he does not run with his arms swinging side to side as my little daughter does). He is preparing to use his shoulder. Even if true, then that is bad luck – just ask any player flicking out the arm when being stepped inside and being ordered off for a stiff arm.
View attachment 23892

This is not a defender ready to use his right arm to make first contact in a tackle. Slater has already made up his mind to stop the bigger man with his shoulder. Just think of it for a second - a right arm left shoulder tackle combo. Surely even you can see how ridiculous that is?
View attachment 23890

Contact has still not been made, so where is this famous silver right arm – on the grassy knoll, no doubt?
So, we have no arms, no E-W BS, no hip, no no-time.
All you really have is: “He’s a champ in his last game. The fans and the ratings will love it. With that the case for the defence of William Slater rests Me Lard.”
Bang Bang of a gavel (or a Bump Bump of a gavel) “Not Guilty. Mr Slater you are free to go, and good luck with the CCM.”
Before I leave, the following quote of yours is not an argument or a valid explanation: “It’s been well documented here multiple times that Slaters arm are involved in the tackle. Therefore it cannot be a shoulder charge.”
With due respect to the contrarians, far more voices here have said it was a shoulder charge, so by your logic, “Therefore it is a shoulder charge.”

Now, you have an even nicer day.
Oh, before I forget, you may wish to read this to assist in your pleasantries:
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/slater...nd-and-just-plain-stupid-20180928-p506nm.html
upload_2018-9-30_17-54-37.jpeg
He’s arms are in there, whether you like it or not. I’ve said nothing about the whole East-West thing so I don’t know why you’re bringing that up with me. Like I’ve said all along, they used a technicality to beat the charge, plain and simple. He’s not the first to beat a shoulder charge charge and he won’t be the last

MilkShark

First Grade
Watch slaters left arm / shoulder seperate from the left side of his body after the impact on feki also. If he had purely misjudged the tackle and bumped into feki than his left arm would not have separated from his body at all.

Slater had braced for the tackle and put all of his strength and momentum into that left arm / shoulder.

Haffa

View attachment 23895
He’s arms are in there, whether you like it or not. I’ve said nothing about the whole East-West thing so I don’t know why you’re bringing that up with me. Like I’ve said all along, they used a technicality to beat the charge, plain and simple. He’s not the first to beat a shoulder charge charge and he won’t be the last
Haha classic doink. Why aren’t you at the game?
3NZKMtN_4kisY1E5-Szp59zXMvuXxALRzva4ECMD3NQNYrAZnTZg6SJkxZvbWmlMF2-dBhRLdnsT0rKV6CoXo2ie8RZkxl3PG3v8oXLdbNQgm08z3Q0kfGTU9QiFZYcgd2dzwECb172lR1byabyaoeYHLlyhYNjKxyWvzaRbYCkgUiX0RLFThYEtcw=w254-h579-nc

Willie Ray

Bench
Those girls are real mate, they're out there. You just gotta give the websites some money. I had to use my credit card, but I think it's worth it, I can afford to lose a bit of savings I had lying around. Russian girls are desperate to come over here mate, no joke.. I'm still waiting for an email back from one of the girls, she said she needs more for a Visa, so it is costing me a bit tbh, and we are yet to Skype with her classes, she studies in some field of Science so I assume she's always busy.... but anyway, in a few months she'll be over here hopefully and my mates will be spewing that i landed a 10.
I was just trying to be a smart-arse as usual....
best of luck to you and your 10, hope it works out for you.