1. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication to accompany your footy weekend.

INCLUDES team lists, match previews, match reports, key stats and news from around the National Rugby League - 36 pages and packed full.

EDITION 2 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

See ya Slater

Discussion in 'NRL' started by The Vaulting Violinist, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Pommy

Pommy Coach

Stupid bet. Billy Slater is obviously going to get the inaugural billy slater medal.

Morehead St likes this.
  2. billygilmore

billygilmore Juniors

No thanks, I’m waiting for my mid 50’s so I can piss my current wife off and buy me one of those mail order wife’s from the Phillipines

3. carcharias

carcharias Immortal

Knocked me on my arse on Thursday
    11DCB92F-6DCB-4CC6-9ED3-60B983BCFB57.jpeg

Haffa and bad boy bubby like this.
  4. Morehead St

Morehead St Juniors

Righto. Let’s get this straight: “For it to be a shoulder charge there must be no use of or attempted use of the arms.”
    Now, please look at the snip captures from the video. Tell me where the arms are used in the tackle, or are attempted to be used.

upload_2018-9-30_17-31-23.png
    His right never touches Feki - even if it did it was never meant to be a part of the tackle. It flung forward when Slater's momentum was halted after their shoulders contacted.
    I agree that a split second still can be misleading, so please find your own evidence from the few seconds video and put it up here so that we can all SEE what you are hoping to persuade us of.
    However, please do not insult us or yourself by believing that it was a clear non-shoulder charge. If so, why did it take a highly paid silk two hours to argue what is obvious?
    Further, why did it take the panel an hour to agree with what all Slater supporters believe is so clear cut?
    The best the Slater defenders can say is that it was an East-West shoulder collision or bump. For someone who loves quoting the rule, please point those words in the rules. That is, where does it say E-W or N-S or 'front on' in the rules?
    Further, where did any official from the NRL ever say that the rule was even intended for N-S only hits? That has just been made up for the Slater case.
    The next best defence say more force came from Slater’s hip. The following doubts that interpretation as a hit to Feki centre would cause his top half to remain upright while his hip and thighs are buckled outwards. The still here is the exact opposite.
    upload_2018-9-30_17-30-25.png

Here, Feki’s head, shoulders/torso are clearly knocked over from the top downwards because that is where the bump first hit him with full force. He has taken the hit at a high point, resulting in him being off his feet and toppling over.
    The last refuge of the scoundrel rests on the supposed lack of time Slater had to make a proper tackle. That is not so as we can see in the top still Slater has his left arm across his body (he does not run with his arms swinging side to side as my little daughter does). He is preparing to use his shoulder. Even if true, then that is bad luck – just ask any player flicking out the arm when being stepped inside and being ordered off for a stiff arm.
    upload_2018-9-30_17-29-32.png

This is not a defender ready to use his right arm to make first contact in a tackle. Slater has already made up his mind to stop the bigger man with his shoulder. Just think of it for a second - a right arm left shoulder tackle combo. Surely even you can see how ridiculous that is?
    upload_2018-9-30_17-27-21.png

Contact has still not been made, so where is this famous silver right arm – on the grassy knoll, no doubt?
    So, we have no arms, no E-W BS, no hip, no no-time.
    All you really have is: “He’s a champ in his last game. The fans and the ratings will love it. With that the case for the defence of William Slater rests Me Lard.”
    Bang Bang of a gavel (or a Bump Bump of a gavel) “Not Guilty. Mr Slater you are free to go, and good luck with the CCM.”
    Before I leave, the following quote of yours is not an argument or a valid explanation: “It’s been well documented here multiple times that Slaters arm are involved in the tackle. Therefore it cannot be a shoulder charge.”
    With due respect to the contrarians, far more voices here have said it was a shoulder charge, so by your logic, “Therefore it is a shoulder charge.”

Now, you have an even nicer day.
    Oh, before I forget, you may wish to read this to assist in your pleasantries:
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/slater...nd-and-just-plain-stupid-20180928-p506nm.html

5. The_Shield

The_Shield Juniors

upload_2018-9-30_17-54-37.jpeg
    He’s arms are in there, whether you like it or not. I’ve said nothing about the whole East-West thing so I don’t know why you’re bringing that up with me. Like I’ve said all along, they used a technicality to beat the charge, plain and simple. He’s not the first to beat a shoulder charge charge and he won’t be the last

6. MilkShark

MilkShark Bench

Watch slaters left arm / shoulder seperate from the left side of his body after the impact on feki also. If he had purely misjudged the tackle and bumped into feki than his left arm would not have separated from his body at all.

Slater had braced for the tackle and put all of his strength and momentum into that left arm / shoulder.

7. bileduct

bileduct Coach

Hahaha, people are still crying about this.

Life's Good and carcharias like this.
  8. bileduct

bileduct Coach

Wrong.

I'm glad you said that early in your lengthy post so I didn't have to waste my time reading it.

9. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

Wow still going lol?

10. mave

mave First Grade

The irony of you, in particular, pointing out that others are flogging a dead horse is not lost on me.

11. Haffa

Haffa Guest

Haha classic doink. Why aren’t you at the game?
    [​IMG]

12. Haffa

Haffa Guest

You’re not at the game, plastic?

13. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

I’m there in spirit, go Billy.

14. Haffa

Haffa Guest

Still celebrating your real win yesterday

Last Week and El Diablo like this.
  15. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

was a great effort. Nice to see perth beat the big cities.

16. Haffa

Haffa Guest

I’ll take your word for it.

17. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

Geez I haven’t missed Ch9! Please get to KO.

18. Rhino_NQ

Rhino_NQ Immortal

So was it a shoulder charge?

19. Willie Ray

Willie Ray Juniors

I was just trying to be a smart-arse as usual....
    best of luck to you and your 10, hope it works out for you.

Life's Good and Grapple like this.
  20. Grapple

Grapple Bench

Just to clarify, i'd had a few Sunday avo beers when I typed that nonsense haha. But good on ya for the positivity!