What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See ya Slater

t-ba

Post Whore
Wonderful.

Just, wonderful.

I didn't join in the boos like I did when we Manly fans had him, Cronk and a 12 year old Folau reduced to tears at the end of the '08 grand final but god it was satisfying. Made to be an utter bitch all night long besides getting roughly ten million penalties for being touched by a Roosters player. The refs were desperate to give him his final bullshit milk with that bizarre bunker move but it didn't pay off. EAD Billy.

Hands down one of the best players I've seen play, but f**k me he was a dirty scumbag on the field and it was great to see him get made a bitch of in his final game.

Last edited:

Bowzy

Juniors
Was at the game and every time slater touched the ball the stadium sounded in boo’s (even with me having tickets above the storm fan section.) Was it heard on the TV coverage much? At the stadium it was so loud.

ram raid

Bench
It wasn't Slater's fault that he got special treatment. What was he supposd to do, volunteer to sit out?

The sad thing about all this is the NRL caved to commercial and sentimental pressures to allow a chamion his farewell, and by doing set the stage for the worst possible end to a career possibe. They need to own what happend and learn from it.

wibble

Bench
Just got back from the game...

...there was a news article with some tweets bagging Roosters fans for being classless and booing Billy. And apparently Smith reckons it was a bit rough. And some are saying Slater didn't let himself off.

Well...

I can tell you, it wasn't just Roosters fans booing. I was there, and joined in and loved every boo. Plenty of other fans were there, booing in solidarity.

And Slater deserves every boo he gets. He and Smith are the very definition of classless. They have brought so much rubbish to the game it is disgraceful.

He did a dirty tackle on Feki and then appealed that he didn't, with some smancy lawyering. I think he contributed a bit towards his own booing for that. Plus his whole career, and showed more of it again in his last game. So he would deserve every boo he gets even if he didn't do that shoulder charge last week.

The Roosters winning a premiership was one of the last things I wanted. But that was much, much better than allowing the filthy Storm a win. Denying Slater in his retirement game was a big cherry on top.

Slater was a fantastic player. One of the best I'll ever see. But I couldn't care less about him or his achievements, he has played a fair part in nearly ruining the game. He doesn't get to carry on diving, whinging, and fouling other players his whole career, and being treated like a saint by some parts of the game, without it coming back to bite him sometime.

So if you are a Slater fan, or a Storm fan, don't just blame the Roosters. Most of the league world was glad to see him lose, and lose badly, and he was justly reminded of that by the crowd.

It's not like he doesn't have tons of achievements and money and his life will be ruined by a few boos.

Last edited by a moderator:

myrrh ken

First Grade
Was at the game and every time slater touched the ball the stadium sounded in boo’s (even with me having tickets above the storm fan section.) Was it heard on the TV coverage much? At the stadium it was so loud.
I watched the game through the 9 now app and in turn watched for the entirety through their spider cam. There was no commentary, it was a joy, but even better was that those boos came through loud and clear. I didn't even have to look who had the ball when it happened, you knew. Good stuff.

Canard

Immortal
Just got back from the game...

...there was a news article with some tweets bagging Roosters fans for being classless and booing Billy. And apparently Smith reckons it was a bit rough. And some are saying Slater didn't let himself off.

Well...

I can tell you, it wasn't just Roosters fans booing. I was there, and joined in and loved every boo. Plenty of other fans were there, booing in solidarity.

And Slater deserves every boo he gets. He and Smith are the very definition of classless. They have brought so much rubbish to the game it is disgraceful.

He did a dirty tackle on Feki and then appealed that he didn't, with some smancy lawyering. I think he contributed a bit towards his own booing for that. Plus been his whole career, and showed more of it again in his last game. So he would deserve every boo he gets even if he didn't do that shoulder charge last week.

The Roosters winning a premiership was one of the last things I wanted. But that was much, much better than allowing the filthy Storm a win. Denying Slater in his retirement game was a big cherry on top.

Slater was a fantastic player. One of the best I'll ever see. But I couldn't care less about him or his achievements, he has played a fair part in nearly ruining the game. He doesn't get to carry on diving, whinging, and fouling other players his whole career, and being treated like a saint by some parts of the game, without it coming back to bite him sometime.

So if you are a Slater fan, or a Storm fan, don't just blame the Roosters. Most of the league world was glad to see him lose, and lose badly, and he was justly reminded of that by the crowd.

It's not like he doesn't have tons of achievements and money and his life will be ruined by a few boos.

The "tackle" on Feki was a lot of things but it wasn't "dirty". It wasn't high, late, careless, reckless or unexpected.

It's a stain on Roosters fans to boo a retiring player, after the match. It's completely classless and only takes the shine of a fantastic win.

Last edited by a moderator:
The "tackle" on Feki was a lot of things but it wasn't "dirty". It wasn't high, late, careless, reckless or unexpected.

It's a stain on Roosters fans to boo a retiring player, after the match. It's completely classless and only takes the shine of a fantastic win.
Nope he's a scumf**k he deserved it all

Canard

Immortal
Let's be honest it's nothing to do with made up garbage about "he's a dirty player" and all to do with the fact that he has regularly handed NSW their arse

Danish

Referee

f**k that.

Slater is a world class germ who should never have been on the field to begin with. Passionately lied his ass off to the judiciary spinning complete garbage to get on the field, and was treated with no more than the same respect he has shown in dozens of utter grub incidents over his career.

Danish

Referee
Let's be honest it's nothing to do with made up garbage about "he's a dirty player" and all to do with the fact that he has regularly handed NSW their arse

Nope.

Lockyer was never booed. Thurston was never booed.

Tallis was booed, but that is most certainly based in origin hatred and both he and the crowd understand that. So Gordon is unphased by it as those boos aren’t basically a mark of respect for his efforts over the years. Completely at odds to the boos slater rightfully got last night

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Too much focus on Slater (although he brings it on himself) and not enough on Cam 'classless' Smith whose side got dicked, and spent the rest of the post-match single-handedly trying to play down the influence Cooper Cronk had and the momumental effort he undertook to even get on the field.

As a person, Slater>Smith by a long way. Chicken-winging, broken neck blaming, salary cap cheating, referee wannabe wanker. Sure I've missed some stuff too. Shame, because on pure on-field football ability he's one of, if not the best of all time. But he's a merkin of a person. The next best thing to happen will be the Storm completely miss the 8 next year and Smith has to say his goodbyes in late August.

Canard

Immortal
A player being booed during the game is fine.

Half the Roosters side is pure thugs, JWH, Friend, Turd Ferguson etc. but I'd never boo them post game.That's just bogan scum.

ReddFelon

Juniors
A player being booed during the game is fine.

Half the Roosters side is pure thugs, JWH, Friend, Turd Ferguson etc. but I'd never boo them post game.That's just bogan scum.
Eh, I had a storm fan throw a box of nails at me while I was walking to the train station on the way to the game. Victorians and their scummy team of struggle cuddlers deserve what they get.

Latest posts