What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

eels_fan

First Grade
Gower & Kaysa for 1 year

G Jennings & Terepo for 2

PARRAMATTA have moved to shore up their roster ahead of the 2019 season, with the announcement of four player re-signings.

Prop forward Peni Terepo and winger George Jennings have inked two-year deals, while hooker Kaysa Pritchard and forward David Gower have signed one-year extensions.

One player who remains without a deal for next season is Jarryd Hayne who has admitted he’s at long odds to be at the club in 2019.

Meanwhile, Eels have confirmed next season will be Gower’s last playing in the NRL, so he’ll begin a transition into life after football.

As part of his contract, he’ll work one day a week in the club’s wellbeing and education department focusing on the Eels’ under 20s team and junior representative programs.

“I’m committed to giving it my all for the Eels in 2019, and while that is my main focus, it’s important to consider life after retirement,” Gower said.

“I’m grateful to the Eels club for its support, they helped develop a plan to ensure I have the level of support necessary to play in the NRL while making the transition outside of football easier for me and my family.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/e9bd1efe820510a1f7976291190d5bdb

Gazzamatta

Coach
As per MJCs scoop earlier, Bernie has announced the resigning of the big 4. Gowie (1) Peni (2), Gennings (2) and Kaysa (1).
I reckon this is about right. Credit where credit is due. I really like the plan they have in place for Gowie. He looks a smart operator.
Obviously the announcements are long overdue but well done nonetheless.

As per MJCs scoop earlier, Bernie has announced the resigning of the big 4. Gowie (1) Peni (2), Gennings (2) and Kaysa (1).
I reckon this is about right. Credit where credit is due. I really like the plan they have in place for Gowie. He looks a smart operator.
Obviously the announcements are long overdue but well done nonetheless.

i'm assuming this is proof positive that hayne is gone
no way we would have re-signed all four if we were still in the hunt for him

eels_fan

First Grade
Was the retention of Niukore ever announced? Assuming it’s done and wasn’t announced officially just like Lane never was?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

They were all re-signed earlier in the year, when Hayne didn't want to negotiate a contract. Peni let it slip in an interview that he was re-signed. Gower was re-signed before the end of the season. Unsure with the other 2.

Incorrect

Coach
Proshenks on the SMH reckons if the Knights agree to take Mennings off our hands (with us paying some of his 2019 salary) then that will free up the $$'s to re-sign Mr Hayne...

eels_fan

First Grade
Proshenks on the SMH reckons if the Knights agree to take Mennings off our hands (with us paying some of his 2019 salary) then that will free up the $$'s to re-sign Mr Hayne...

Bet he needed all his Wakeley Award winning investigative skills to work that one out the farkin merkin mong

Gazzamatta

Coach
Sounds about right. Hayne knocks back our war chest of $500k plus Jennings $800. $1.3k per season sounds about right (he says tongue in cheek). Will we ever learn? Spend the money on a few outstanding youngsters outside our system or keep our powder dry for when someone with a future is available and remember Hayne for the great player he occasionally was.

strider

Post Whore
If mennings were to leave, who do you think goes to centre? ... assuming hayne likely plays fullback

Latest posts