What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bon Scott or Brian Johnson?

Pommy

Coach
Who was the better singer for AC/DC and why?
I personally prefer Brian Johnson but I’m young enough that he was the first lead singer I knew for the band.
That’s not to say I don’t like Bon Scott.

Anyone who just wants to try to be a hipster and say AC/DC are just for bogans please don’t bother.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Anyone who just wants to try to be a hipster and say AC/DC are just for bogans please don’t bother.
Rubbish..

Hipsters love AC/DC..

They’re so irrelevant they’re cool again..

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
To answer the question seriously: Bon Scott all day everyday. From a pure singing viewpoint, Johnson sounds like a screeching cat, Bon had variation and range in his voice.

As a performer Bon was mesmerising, pair him with Angus going nuts and they were two of the greatest live performers going around. Johnson is just a guy on stage with a funny hat.

Bon was also charismatic, a bloke you wouldn't want anywhere near your teenage daughter but would love to have a beer with.

Then there is the songwriting. Bon was a story teller, Brian writes lyrics that match a riff and a brand.

That said I'm a big fan of Johnson who seems like a genuine bloke who likes to have fun.

Incorrect

Coach
To answer the question seriously: Bon Scott all day everyday. From a pure singing viewpoint, Johnson sounds like a screeching cat, Bon had variation and range in his voice.

As a performer Bon was mesmerising, pair him with Angus going nuts and they were two of the greatest live performers going around. Johnson is just a guy on stage with a funny hat.

Bon was also charismatic, a bloke you wouldn't want anywhere near your teenage daughter but would love to have a beer with.

Then there is the songwriting. Bon was a story teller, Brian writes lyrics that match a riff and a brand.

That said I'm a big fan of Johnson who seems like a genuine bloke who likes to have fun.
Nailed it....