What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Qualifiers

Force

Juniors
The answer is the first, but it is probably going to be the second that will win through thanks to heritage Aussie / NZ players. This seems wrong and also seems like a poor outcome for the game.
They just got bested by a heritage team in Jamaican uniforms. In saying that, people dont seem to have a problem with the Tongan team, they are the flavour of International rugby league.

Force

Juniors
If the 2025 WC is held in the USA the Yanks will quality automatically. I doubt their participation in the 2021 would raise the profile of the sport very much at all.
For a potential host nation to not qualify for the previous world cup isnt a good look. I just hope it doesnt halt their progress.

Force

Juniors
They did in 2013 and Cook Islands will likely have a weaker team than then. They aren't going to have Marsters or Rapana or Napa. At most they might have Glenn and Tetevano.
What will go against the Cooks is not having a full strength team and only playing 3 tests in 5 years.

Pommy

Coach
Looks like South Africa have decided to not waste their time or money sending a side to the states to play a mini tournament the feel they have no chance of winning.

Springs09

Juniors
Looks like South Africa have decided to not waste their time or money sending a side to the states to play a mini tournament the feel they have no chance of winning.

If they aren't willing to play the weakest sides then they might as well give up trying to get to the World Cup. Who else would they play?

Not sure how official their Facebook page is but yesterday it put up:

Congratulations to Jamaica Rugby League Association for qualifying for the 2021 Rugby league World Cup over the weekend.

Who will South Africa be playing and how are we tracking to qualify?

Pommy

Coach
If they aren't willing to play the weakest sides then they might as well give up trying to get to the World Cup. Who else would they play?

Not sure how official their Facebook page is but yesterday it put up:

Congratulations to Jamaica Rugby League Association for qualifying for the 2021 Rugby league World Cup over the weekend.

Who will South Africa be playing and how are we tracking to qualify?

Just had a look, not sure if it’s been edited but there’s no mention of who will South Africa be playing.

When does Norway play Greece?

Sometime next year at a neutral venue in England.

Last edited:

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
They just got bested by a heritage team in Jamaican uniforms. In saying that, people dont seem to have a problem with the Tongan team, they are the flavour of International rugby league.

I think the difference is that Tonga will always rely on heritage players due to their extremely low population. The thing I want for Tonga and Samoa in the future is to have a core group of players that don't jump ship to Aus or NZ the second they come calling.

Also, on Jamaica - good on them. They have certainly done some great work domestically and I hope that this result and the world cup appearance takes the game to another level and that they are able to field a quality side full of born and bred Jamaicans in a decade or so.

Springs09

Juniors
Not looking good for them taking part then.

If the page is run by officials you wonder how they couldn't possibly know what they were supposed to be doing. Could literally type it into Google or Wikipedia and they'd find out.

Pommy

Coach
I guess some of these countries are run by very very amateur groups. Perhaps they have had an oversight in the application and hopefully now they are now trying to get their house in order.

deluded pom?

Coach
For a potential host nation to not qualify for the previous world cup isnt a good look. I just hope it doesnt halt their progress.
A good look to who? How many will even know or care that the USA failed to qualify for the 2021 WC if they actually do host in 2025?

Latest posts