What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Widdop to Fullback Field to 5/8 in 2019?

Given the fact that Widdop is likely to leave at the end of 2019, it is time to give Field a fair go at 5/8.

To me, that means playing Field for 6-8 consecutive games as our 5/8.

If Field performs we are sweet. If he doesn't impress, then there is no need to offer him a contract for 2020.

Dufty could spend 6-8 weeks cooling his heels in ISP honing his skills in preparation for FG.

Neither should be asked to play the super sub role off the bench.

We need to play 4 bench forwards rotating Leilua/Host/Robson/Lawrie. If Mary manages the forwards properly, he can make the top 4.

Como Connection

First Grade
Given the fact that Widdop is likely to leave at the end of 2019, it is time to give Field a fair go at 5/8.

If Field performs we are sweet. If he doesn't impress, then there is no need to offer him a contract for 2020.

Dufty could spend 6-8 weeks cooling his heels in ISP honing his skills in preparation for FG.

We need to play 4 bench forwards rotating Leilua/Host/Robson/Lawrie. If Mary manages the forwards properly, he can make the top 4.
Good idea, when Field fails to fire Mary's future will be finished.
I like your idea.
CC

SBD82

Coach

2 edge forwards on the bench, one middle, and move our international 5/8 and captain to fullback.

Mary gets a hard time on these forums for his coaching, but sometimes in comparison to the ideas thrown around on here, he looks like a deadset genius.

2 edge forwards on the bench, one middle, and move our international 5/8 and captain to fullback.

Mary gets a hard time on these forums for his coaching, but sometimes in comparison to the ideas thrown around on here, he looks like a deadset genius.

Somehow I feel misquoted. I didn't suggest the bench consist of those players. What I meant was they should be in the pool of forwards rotated on to the bench.

And yet again you attack a fellow forum member. Good one. Impressive.

My apologies. You were indeed misquoted.

*edit. I stand by my words on widdop to fullback. I want to win the comp next year, whether widdop is leaving or not.

Yeah as supporters we all want our team to win the comp.

Hopefully the rest of the squad is more committed to our club than our captain, otherwise, we will not make the 8.

ouryears

Bench

He is no captain
Hardly a 5/8 either

ouryears

Bench

Trouble is mate, in 2019, Dufty will be a better FB than Widdop

SBD82

Coach
Obviously, it’s me who burns into you,
Waiting for my every post
Good boy
Not gonna lie, from 6.30 tonight I kept more than a casual eye on the forum waiting to see when you'd show up.

You didn't disappoint.

Edit* ironically, the post that you responded to with this comment was a conversation between me and another forum member.

Fetch boy, get the stick.