What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Good point about Norman being seen as the leader. Problem is, I cant see anyone stupid enough to pick up Moses. Norman will probably be the easiest player to get rid of.

Moses at 24 has enough potential to still be elite. I am sure plenty of clubs would take a chance on him.
If him and norms had another few years left on contract id be concerned. But they dont so I do not see the issue. Problem is Brads let them know they are not wanted or only one is. This may become a problem as both are playing for contracts and 100s of 1000s of dollars. If they where selfish in 18 i expect them to be more selfish in 19.

hindy111

Post Whore
But but but but it’s not the coach, name me another club in the comp shopping around both their halves pre season with no firm clue who their fullback and dummy half options are???

Id say BA knows its either Gutherson or Bevan and Kaysa or Rheed. Is it bad to have competition?

hindy111

Post Whore
People want to blame our halves for 18. I still think they where so ineffective due to our forwards not laying the platform. I know we have plenty of guys who where ok and are NRL level players. But none who would create any sort of damage. It is sad to say that Terepo who I see more as a worker type prop was our most damaging.
Sometimes the momentum of a game can change with one or two inspirational runs. Forget stats. Once the defense is on its backfoot you have space.
Lets hope Jnr fixes that and a couple of these young Juniors provide it. Lane and Fergo will help our go forward but neither will provide game breaking runs.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What makes you think BA doesnt know who he is going with?
His last 5 seasons of coaching.

That rubbish with 3 fullbacks last year for starters. Anyone who thinks Will Smith should be anywhere near first grade let alone playing dummy half.

hindy111

Post Whore
Bronco dollars are going nowhere baby!!!

I dont think Oates is worth a lot more then 500k. Perhaps a desperate club may pay him 600k. But playing in a top side means he more likely to make origin and pick up 100k there and a better contract the following season.
What would you pay Oates?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
People want to blame our halves for 18. I still think they where so ineffective due to our forwards not laying the platform. I know we have plenty of guys who where ok and are NRL level players. But none who would create any sort of damage. It is sad to say that Terepo who I see more as a worker type prop was our most damaging.
Sometimes the momentum of a game can change with one or two inspirational runs. Forget stats. Once the defense is on its backfoot you have space.
Lets hope Jnr fixes that and a couple of these young Juniors provide it. Lane and Fergo will help our go forward but neither will provide game breaking runs.
There were plenty of games last season where the forwards laid the platform and the halves offered SFA. The Bronco and 2nd Penrith game’s off the top of my head.

hindy111

Post Whore
His last 5 seasons of coaching.

That rubbish with 3 fullbacks last year for starters. Anyone who thinks Will Smith should be anywhere near first grade let alone playing dummy half.

He was 3rd option. Same at Panthers. To be honest he would be one of the better 3rd option fullback in the NRL.
I dont mind W.Smith

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I dont think Oates is worth a lot more then 500k. Perhaps a desperate club may pay him 600k. But playing in a top side means he more likely to make origin and pick up 100k there and a better contract the following season.
What would you pay Oates?
He was offered 700k on a 3 year deal. Instead he takes just 500k on a 1 year deal. With his injury history??? Yeah nah.

hindy111

Post Whore
There were plenty of games last season where the forwards laid the platform and the halves offered SFA. The Bronco and 2nd Penrith game’s off the top of my head.

Laid platform, in other words matched it.
I am sure both games ended with both teams attacks beeing a little ineffective. I recall Hoffman dropping a ball over the line against panthers and jennings doing same against Broncos along with a bullshit forward pass against Norman while one not called against Brisbane.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He was 3rd option. Same at Panthers. To be honest he would be one of the better 3rd option fullback in the NRL.
I dont mind W.Smith
I was talking about 3 fullbacks in a game. One game we had Hayne, French and Guth play out of there. Just stupidly, and Will Smith is Aids. So you don’t mind aids.

Eelementary

Post Whore
One of the most concerning issues for me is - what changed?

Arthur moved heaven and Earth to secure Moses in the latter half of 2017; one season later, and Arthur wants him gone.

What happened?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Laid platform, in other words matched it.
I am sure both games ended with both teams attacks beeing a little ineffective. I recall Hoffman dropping a ball over the line against panthers and jennings doing same against Broncos along with a bullshit forward pass against Norman while one not called against Brisbane.
We had more ball than Riley Reid in those games, Huggy111 is posting this morning. Bring Hindy back.

hindy111

Post Whore
He was offered 700k on a 3 year deal. Instead he takes just 500k on a 1 year deal. With his injury history??? Yeah nah.

At the Dogs? That was paper talk also. Id say to relocate and leave a team you love you would need atleast 50-70k more. His chances or playing for QLD are far better while playing for Brisbane.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Arthur moved heaven and Earth to secure Moses in the latter half of 2017; one season later, and Arthur wants him gone.

What happened?
Moses became a big headed merkin that thought it was his team and pissed the rest of the group off??

hineyrulz

Post Whore
At the Dogs? That was paper talk also. Id say to relocate and leave a team you love you would need atleast 50-70k more. His chances or playing for QLD are far better while playing for Brisbane.
Whaf happens if his breaks a neck and has nothing after this season when he could of been on a fat 2.1m contract?? Oates is injury prone AF. You are Bronco111 this morning as well.

hindy111

Post Whore

What happened?

Dylan Brown perhaps Means coach only wants one and doesnt care who. Maybe he thinks Corey games compliments Dylans better.

Or maybe he thinks Moses is a dickhead

Latest posts