What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert Jennings

VodkaSaint

Juniors
https://www.5thtackle.com/2018/12/1...pCuGjykxJupNAyMXnW2Wx5QToHLkFJ4vdUyUB-9v21IVc

The Dragons are believed to be close to announcing the signing of Robert Jennings on a 2-year deal.

After releasing Kurt Mann Monday morning the club is in a great position to realistically land Robert Jennings. He would likely take up one wing spot with Jordan Pereira on the other.

Despite having a breakout season in 2018 scoring 19 tries for the Bunnies, Jennings future at Redfern looks to be over, due to a salary cap squeeze.

11b62d1ad2fa95b6d770709700724522

Jennings is currently off contract and it is believed his asking price is more then the Rabbitohs can afford, with the Dragons ready to swoop releasing Kurt Mann effective immediately to table a respectable offer worth around $500,000 per season for Jennings signature. It is under stood the Rabbitohs could only offer their leading try scorer around $300,000 per season.

The 22-year has made 34 appearances for the Rabbitohs, scoring 25 tries since crossing from the Panthers at the end of the 2016 season and is set to announcing the signing within the coming days.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
We should sign him immediately.

Wayne Bennett always lets go of quality talent.

possm

Coach
I agree that 500K a season sounds a bit much. If my memory serves me correctly. Gould told Josh Mansour that Penrith couldn't offer him any more than 400K a season and Mansour stayed. Hopefully Jennings does kick on and proves to be worth 500K a season plus.

400k would seem to be a fair price for R Jennings.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Yeah, like Bennett let go of Josh Morris. Brett started 2009 off in reserve grade too, so Bennett didn't rate either of the Morris brothers. He also let go a Scott Prince.

Not this myth again!

For the umpteenth time, Bennett was interviewed on Fox Sports and he said candidly that the decision to move Josh Morris on was made BEFORE he joined the club as coach in 2009.

I agree though he didn’t rate them though.

Jennings would be a marked improvement on what we currently have. Both he and Pearson are natural left sided players.

Wondering whether Jennings could play left centre as well as he plays left wing?

Ravalawa, Pereira. and Lomax will compete for the right wing spot.

JDHD

Juniors
I agree that 500K a season sounds a bit much. If my memory serves me correctly. Gould told Josh Mansour that Penrith couldn't offer him any more than 400K a season and Mansour stayed. Hopefully Jennings does kick on and proves to be worth 500K a season plus.

Gould is a pathological liar, though. You can not afford to believe anything that comes out of his mouth. He is so thoroughly and utterly morally bankrupt that every time he smiles, an angel gets gonorrhoea.