What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And then when he gets his marching orders halfway though 2019 a new coach will come in and declare we need experience across the park and that young bloke's simply aren't up to it and a whole new recruitment drive and philosophy will kick in.... And so the endless cycle of disappointing season after disappointing season continues for Eels fans.... Sigh
This is why clubs have a head of football. So you can have some strategic continuity despite changing coaches.

hindy111

Post Whore
Leaders are set.
Forget Mannah and the old stock.

Gutherson
Brown
Alvaro
Tepai
Terepo
Ferguson

They all have enough NRL experience now to be true leaders.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
“Cronulla are looking at English-based Aussie coaches Justin Holbrook or Steve Price to replace Shane Flanagan should the NRL suspend the embattled coach for next season.

Flanagan is again in strife with the NRL for allegedly being in communication with club staff during the period he was suspended from having any contact with the Sharks while he served his ban for the 2014 peptides scandal.

The NRL integrity unit came across a series of emails and phone messages from Flanagan to senior Sharks staff while investigating the club’s latest scandal relating to salary cap breaches.

Flanagan defiant over salary cap saga
Flanagan defiant over salary cap saga

Flanagan is expected to be banned for at least a year by the NRL board next week and panicked Sharks officials are looking at their options.

Former Knights, Panthers and Roosters halfback Holbrook has made a big impression in two seasons at glamour club St Helens while Price is a former Dragons top grade coach and Sharks assistant.

Price has been at the helm of Bradford since the start of this year and is close to signing a new deal that could rule him out of contention.

Several other out-of-work coaches are also expected to put up their hands for the job should Flanagan be banned by the NRL.”

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/cronul...flanagan/387f1e24-a28f-4a97-b526-f3a365479f37

Gazzamatta

Coach
"F" Off. Holbrook is ours.
Surely the Sharkies would look at Bennets recent offsider given "Penalty Broncos" punted him.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If we actually do consider Flanagan for 2020, a potential suspension could be fairly problematic considering he won’t be able to have any say in the 2020 roster.

Glenneel

Bench
It would be Norman 'directing the team around'.

The rules changed this year to favour big forwards (except the Cowboys). That's why we've had to change from the pack that worked in previous years.

You need merkins like Mannah and Alvaro to cover for merkins like Junior Paulo in defence.
For as long as I've known the halfback directs the team and Dylan Brown is not the exception.

And I call bullshit that the rules have changed to favour big forwards. Since 1908 big forwards have won matches and will continue to do so. Look at all the gf winners over the years and there is one common dominator, almost without exception all have had big forwards!

Mannah is past it and should be put well down the pecking order. Still wouldn't surprise if BA (if still coach) give him 1 further year but with all our young forwards coming thru they should be given priority for 2020. Alvaro is young, has bulked up and improving his skill level plus a good tackler. Worth keeping atm.

Avenger

Immortal
I still can't believe anyone ever wanted Flanno to coach us ffs.

-Peptide cheat.
-Alleged cap cheat
-The most grubby boring tactical coach in the NRL
-More intense than BA, who is apparently "too intense"

Plus he seems like a complete knob the way he's acted over the peptides and such
Good call. I wanted him though but changed my mind after being appropriately briefed.

hindy111

Post Whore
Wo uses the Tablets??? You or Gus??

I am being genuine.
I had a mate who was always angry and always complaining. He ended up to much work and most his friends ditched him.Head f**k.
We all have ups and downs but its possible your stuck in a rut and need a boost

Bazal

Post Whore
Nah my mistake, he's a great leader. I mostly love how the refs have absolutely no respect for him at all and completely disregard anything he says on the field.

Well I mean, to be fair, the refs these days are little tin pot dictators who have no respect for anyone not named Cam Smith...

Mannah is obviously a leader, the question should be whether he does a job as captain. And tbh captain is mostly an irrelevant title in rugby league

hindy111

Post Whore
For as long as I've known the halfback directs the team and Dylan Brown is not the exception.

And I call bullshit that the rules have changed to favour big forwards. Since 1908 big forwards have won matches and will continue to do so. Look at all the gf winners over the years and there is one common dominator, almost without exception all have had big forwards!

Mannah is past it and should be put well down the pecking order. Still wouldn't surprise if BA (if still coach) give him 1 further year but with all our young forwards coming thru they should be given priority for 2020. Alvaro is young, has bulked up and improving his skill level plus a good tackler. Worth keeping atm.

Sharks won it recently.
I dont know weights but lewis Gallen prior heinington graheme dont seem big to me.
Bar Fafita its was a tiny backrow with small props.

Glenneel

Bench
Add Tony Williams and Vave to the list.
Regarding big forwards I mainly mean props/middle forwards. Most of those forwards shown by you and Eelementry are edge forwards and Williams didn't show much until breaking down yet again and Vave just didn't show much. And under 110kg for a middle forward is not that big in the modern game. Ignore the published forwards weights, you just have to look at them in comparison to other forwards to know that most weight more. For instance NAS at Storm listed at 115kg I think but would be at least 10kg heavier.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I am being genuine.
I had a mate who was always angry and always complaining. He ended up to much work and most his friends ditched him.Head f**k.
We all have ups and downs but its possible your stuck in a rut and need a boost
Dr Hindy111 MD at your service.

I’m fine mate thanks for your concern, Besides following the Eels of course.

Latest posts