What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

TheRam

Coach
giphy.gif

Something tells me that he would see climate change for what it really is, a way the 0.1% can place a tax on the worlds middle class to fund their World Government ambitions.

Bazal

Post Whore
I’m with you Ram. A lot of scientists are distrustful merkins who will do anything to chase their next round of funding.

That said. If I was a betting man I’d say that it is more likely that climate change exists in some form or another.

No doubt there are scientists that overstate the case though.

Consensus science is for absolute dickbags. The problem with climate science is that, as a discipline, it exists purely so that climate scientists can pat each other on the back and confirm each other's theories. Potentially while standing around a Sao.

Climate change denial is for absolute dickbags, also, mind you. Although trolling Phart about it back in the day was fun, it would take an absolute deadshit to deny the evidence. The question isn't yes or no, it's how, why, and to what extent?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Something tells me that he would see climate change for what it really is, a way the 0.1% can place a tax on the worlds middle class to fund their World Government ambitions.
Something tells me he would just be interested in the science. Which sadly, doesn’t describe too many people at the moment.

Energy is energy, steel making requires a lot of it, that plants produce their own is neither here nor there, it is all part of our energy production needs. However I accept these are two quite distinct parts of the same debate.
Why not just put some more paddle wheels on the waterfall?

Are you bored @Gary Gutful?

On another note I made a lovely little tropical style Summer Ale using Citra and Mosaic hops the other week. It seems to have come up nicely.

Not sure about the emissions of it though...
I'm making an English bitter, to which I added oats. I was thinking of dry hopping but I've only got Perle and Saaz, which I was told wouldn't really go with it. But I don't care if it's an english bitter, I just want a nice fresh flavourful beer. You think those hops would ruin it?

The only period where increasing temperatures have matched increasing carbon emissions was ~1970-2000.

At all other times since we have had direct temperature readings (~1880), the two have not matched.

Gronk

Staff member
The only period where increasing temperatures have matched increasing carbon emissions was ~1970-2000.

At all other times since we have had direct temperature readings (~1880), the two have not matched.

CS_global_temp_and_co2_1880-2012_V3.png

https://www.globalchange.gov/browse/multimedia/global-temperature-and-carbon-dioxide

Even during a period of long term warming, there are short periods of cooling due to climate variability. Short term cooling over the last few years is largely due to a strong La Nina phase in the Pacific Ocean and a prolonged solar minimum.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/co2-temperature-correlation-intermediate.htm

Gronk

Staff member
For those who CBFd working out Brexit, Cathy Wilcox nails it in 4 panels for you.

75A8C665-0B5A-4E8F-A0A5-4B821A9C5B98.jpeg

Incorrect

Coach
So there was a high profile identity convicted in a Victorian Court of very serious crimes on Tuesday apparently but media in this country not allowed to say who and what courtesy of a suppression order but if you think about it long enough, or do some quick googling you'll probably work it out fairly quickly....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Its all over the google news, not hard to find

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
So there was a high profile identity convicted in a Victorian Court of very serious crimes on Tuesday apparently but media in this country not allowed to say who and what courtesy of a suppression order but if you think about it long enough, or do some quick googling you'll probably work it out fairly quickly....

I believe the person has another charge before the court and the suppression order is to ensure that the second trial is not prejudiced.