What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The Ram Trap
Starring The Ram

1. The Ram gets "outraged and shit'' by the latest thing he found out 2 mins ago.
2. Mid outrage he asks "how can this be?"
3. An unsuspecting gentleman gives him reasons.
4. Not happy with those reasons, The Ram calls bullshit and labels them excuses.
5. The kind gentleman has unfortunately fallen into "The Ram Trap" and mutters under his breath.
6. A collective sigh permeates the forum.

emjaycee

Coach
The Ram Trap
Starring The Ram

1. The Ram gets "outraged and shit'' by the latest thing he found out 2 mins ago.
4. Not happy with those reasons, The Ram calls bullshit and labels them excuses.
5. The kind gentleman has unfortunately fallen into "The Ram Trap" and mutters under his breath.

I fixed point 5. and inserted 5a.

5. The kind gentleman has had enough of The Ram holier than thou attitude and jumps on his soapbox to correct The Ram.
5a. The kind gentleman then mutters obscenities under his breath.

Gronk

Staff member
The grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side of Ram’s hill.

images

El Diablo

Post Whore
The Ram Trap
Starring The Ram

you forgot to mention he then usually rants on about AFL taking over and RL going the way of the Dodo

and he hates dark skinned people

eg https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/posts/11928797/

TheRam

Coach
Bullshit - it is exactly one of the main REASONS we don't have TPA's and I can say this because I have spoken to over 50 Parramatta based businesses in the last 5 years asking them to consider offering a TPA to an Eels player.
Do you understand the conditions of TPA's that exist?
Do you know exactly how a business will or won't benefit from a TPA?
Do you know why the players will not meet the obligations they agree to when they sign a TPA?
Do you know why there are so little TPA's in the NRL?
Do you even know what a legitimate TPA is?

When you understand all of these as well as I do, then come and tell me exactly why we have no TPA's again.

Yes to all you points.

But that matters very little when the reality is we don't actually have anyone in our roster that can demand a private TPA and get one legitimately. We have Jennings, but he got that when he was considered a genuine star within the NRL. He would have Buckley's( William Buckley (1780-1856) just in case you wanted to ask me if I knew what Buckley's means) chance of getting one now, one would think.

Dibs

Bench
Well, we just don't have star players in our team. I would say if Gutho had kicked on from 2017 and not had a very lack luster 2018, then he could of become an attractive proposition to some corps, since he has wide appeal with even opposition fans.

But he didn't and neither did Moses, so really the shelf is pretty bare when trying to court extra personal dollars from sponsors.

Like I said before, lets hope that our new HoF can see the value in attracting high profile players, not just for their playing ability.
But if you can attract a player before he has possible tpa’s why would we need them after he is already here. I thought we needed the them to attract those high profile players?

TheRam

Coach
The Ram Trap
Starring The Ram

Oh I'm sorry I didn't know I had to agree with a posters opinions even if I don't and I call BS on them. Dickhead.

emjaycee

Coach
Yes to all you points.

But that matters very little when the reality is we don't actually have anyone in our roster that can demand a private TPA and get one legitimately. We have Jennings, but he got that when he was considered a genuine star within the NRL. He would have Buckley's( William Buckley (1780-1856) just in case you wanted to ask me if I knew what Buckley's means) chance of getting one now, one would think.
You do realise there are actually 4 candidates for the phrase Buckley's and although it is the most popular, only one of them relates to William Buckley.
Here are the other 3 for your future reference:
From Buckley's and None, presuming that expression derives from a Melbourne department store, Buckley & Nunn.
A reference to Mr Buckley of the Bombala region of southern New South Wales, who sued the government over title to land, the action seeming to have little prospect of success.
A reference to Mars Buckley, in relation to an 1893 run on banks, when Buckley ensured that the Bank of Australasia would have no chance of using his money to pay other depositors. The bank thus had “Buckley′s chance” of getting his money. This is arguably the more likely since the phrase was first cited three years after this incident.

Oh and I agree that we don't currently have any players that would be able to get the mega-sized TPA's that Slater, Thaiday and co have enjoyed.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Oh I'm sorry I didn't know I had to agree with a posters opinions even if I don't and I call BS on them. Dickhead.
You would have more credibility in my eyes if in the process of "calling bullshit", you offered something sensible in return.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well we had $50k worth given by businesses wanting to piss their money away, or are you guys implying that we are still illegitimate and rorting?

So if we can agree that some businesses do actually give LEGITIMATE TPA's, then why wouldn't the better run clubs and the one city clubs be able to attract many more dollars for their players?

We are just in my opinion unbelievably bad at attracting legitimate benefactors like other clubs can. Which is very depressing when a crappy little isolated club like Cronulla who is as unpopular to the general public as the Chavs who follow them can attract over $200k worth of these TPA's.

We definitely need to start winning again otherwise it will only get worse.
I’m sure we had a lot more than $50k worth of TPAs in 2016.

And if merkins were willing to throw sponsorship money at players rather than the club then all those extra TPAs wouldn’t have been illegal.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But I go back to my original post on this subject, How the f**k does a club as popular as stepping into dog poop, the Sharks, manage to get over $200k and we have f**k all?

Don't give me the salary cap scandal as the excuse cause the Sharks is one club that has been involved in more scandals from, Salary cap to drugs and then some so how? And they are embroiled in a salary cap drama right freakin now ffs.
It’s not about popularity, it’s about business-owning fans willing to blow their ‘marketing budget’ on a TPA rather than sponsor the club directly.

strider

Post Whore
Jenn8ngs Nike TPA is another example of Roosters connections .... he got it when he joined the roosters ... and guess who else got a fancy Nike deal - Tedesco - straight after he joined the Roosters

Sure they are quality players who should get TPAs but it helps a f**kload to go to a connected club