What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LJC\Stallion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion

First Grade
But according to you, you attended a public school. The only way they could force you to play one sport over the other is if there is mandatory school Saturday sport. There are only a handful of public schools that did or still do that. The schools that spring straight to mind are Sydney Boys High and Hurlstone.

I certainly did attend a public school! It was in Newcastle. I played both codes and in my final year the form signing occured to my amazement!

Stallion

First Grade
Once again you disrespect a countries culture. You are such a massive hypocrite.

Te Kaha : You are disrespecting a code you played! Work it out! If you were proactive and truelly a person espousing rugby league you would question this seemingly cultural nomenclature of rugby league in your country ? At the current status rugby league is certainly secondary to.union in NZ and alot of that had to do with the actual name afforded to each code. One implies ownership of the term 'rugby' and the other effectively an outcast code in league! No wonder most NZ schools don't give rugby league a go.It's regarded as 2nd rate with its naming for a start!

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
Te Kaha : You are disrespeciting a code you played! Work it out! If you were proactive and truelly a person espousing rugby league you would question this seemingly cultural nomenclature of rugby league in your country ? At the current status rugby league is certainly secondary to.union in NZ and alot of that had to do with the actual name afforded to each code. One implies ownership of the term 'rugby' and the other effectively an outcast code in league! No wonder most NZ schools don't give rugby league a go.It's regarded as 2nd rate with its naming for a start!

Nobody else thinks this way you total loon

Is Australia regarded as a second rate nation because it sounds like Austria?

Stallion

First Grade
Yeah, I'm calling BS on this.

You would. Typical rah rah deflection. Can't handle the truth so it didn't happen. My school was Waratah High (the former Newcastle Boys high) I played union and league with a son of Cyril Burke(former union international )

Whatwhere

Juniors
You would. Typical rah rah deflection. Can't handle the truth so it didn't happen. My school was Waratah High (the former Newcastle Boys high) I played union and league with a son of Cyril Burke(former union international )

I call BS because experience tells me that if it smells like BS that it probably is and everything you post here wreaks. You claim you played both at school. But then say you had to sign a declaration for Rugby at school about only playing Rugby. While still playing League for school. You also attended a public high School which unless they had compulsory Saturday sport couldn't force you to do anything outside of school hours.

Just like you claim to be a teacher. This story is full of holes.

Stallion

First Grade
I call BS because experience tells me that if it smells like BS that it probably is and everything you post here wreaks. You claim you played both at school. But then say you had to sign a declaration for Rugby at school about only playing Rugby. While still playing League for school. You also attended a public high School which unless they had compulsory Saturday sport couldn't force you to do anything outside of school hours.

Just like you claim to be a teacher. This story is full of holes.

Lol. The rugby union deflection at its best! Your comprehension skills are lacking ! Read it properly! I was in final year at high school! I was a semI professional footballer in the Newcastle district competition.

Pommy

Coach
Peanut shells for you Pommy . Don't think you are into rugby league at all? I'm putting up a core stance for rugby league. Work it out.

Do I think I’m in to rugby league?
An Apple core, a reactor core, what are you talking about?

Whatwhere

Juniors
Lol. The rugby union deflection at its best! Your comprehension skills are lacking ! Read it properly! I was in final year at high school! I was a semI professional footballer in the Newcastle district competition.

It's pretty clear from our interactions on here which one of us possesses the superior comprehension skills and spoiler. It's not you. You claim you were required to sign some declaration banning you from playing League. You claim you were semi-pro. But what you haven't answered is how would any such agreement be enforceable. You attended a public HS which only had authority over your actions between the time you entered the grounds in the morning and left in the afternoon. Five days a week. Outside of that not school unless there is a policy of mandatory Saturday sport cannot force you to not play one sport over the other.

You also claim to have played both at school. Now while it could be reasonably deduced that it was school policy to participate in one sport or another during the school hours you still chose to play both.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Te Kaha : You are disrespecting a code you played! Work it out! If you were proactive and truelly a person espousing rugby league you would question this seemingly cultural nomenclature of rugby league in your country ? At the current status rugby league is certainly secondary to.union in NZ and alot of that had to do with the actual name afforded to each code. One implies ownership of the term 'rugby' and the other effectively an outcast code in league! No wonder most NZ schools don't give rugby league a go.It's regarded as 2nd rate with its naming for a start!

Why would I do that? I am not myopic, I love both codes.

And If League feels like its name is considered "second rate" which seems to be an opinion only held by you, then it is up to the code to change it. Making another code change theirs, which they had first, to satisfy your delusional fantasies is not going to happen.

Stallion

First Grade
It's pretty clear from our interactions on here which one of us possesses the superior comprehension skills and spoiler. It's not you. You claim you were required to sign some declaration banning you from playing League. You claim you were semi-pro. But what you haven't answered is how would any such agreement be enforceable. You attended a public HS which only had authority over your actions between the time you entered the grounds in the morning and left in the afternoon. Five days a week. Outside of that not school unless there is a policy of mandatory Saturday sport cannot force you to not play one sport over the other.

You also claim to have played both at school. Now while it could be reasonably deduced that it was school policy to participate in one sport or another during the school hours you still chose to play both.

Wow. You really do need to pick up on your comprehension. I have clearly stated what happened and you haven't read it correctly ! You dumb toffee nosed shit!

Stallion

First Grade
Why would I do that? I am not myopic, I love both codes.

And If League feels like its name is considered "second rate" which seems to be an opinion only held by you, then it is up to the code to change it. Making another code change theirs, which they had first, to satisfy your delusional fantasies is not going to happen.

Te Kaha. You are just giving union a pre-eminent position in the big scheme of things. Rugby league is also rugby! No delusion here. You are just blindly abiding by a numenclature that implies a subservience. Be brave and constructive for a change. Instead of accepting a weakened position that rugby you league assumes in this 'cultural' naming fiasco. My point is valid. You need to get some balls and support rugby league properly for a change. I acknowledge this poor regard and referencing of rugby league is becoming more widespread however it's wrong for the code of rugby league. Hope you understandon't this point. I'm aware it's controversial but it's very valid in the big scheme of things.

Stallion

First Grade

? I played rugby league on the weekend! This was a schoolboy game of union that I was confronted/requested to sign a declaration for? Have you not read that properly again! You non tackling ponse!

Te Kaha

First Grade
Te Kaha. You are just giving union a pre-eminent position in the big scheme of things. Rugby league is also rugby! No delusion here. You are just blindly abiding by a numenclature that implies a subservience. Be brave and constructive for a change. Instead of accepting a weakened position that rugby you league assumes in this 'cultural' naming fiasco. My point is valid. You need to get some balls and support rugby league properly for a change. I acknowledge this poor regard and referencing of rugby league is becoming more widespread however it's wrong for the code of rugby league. Hope you understandon't this point. I'm aware it's controversial but it's very valid in the big scheme of things.

What a load of semi literate waffle.

Rugby was Rugby first. League can certainly call itself Rugby League since that has been its name for over 100 years. However if Rugby simply wants to call itself Rugby, as it does, then they too have that right.

They were Rugby Football first.

They can claim claim the name if they want. What they cant do is stop League form calling itself Rugby or Rugby League.

You are simply deluded.

Stallion

First Grade
What a load of semi literate waffle.

Rugby was Rugby first. League can certainly call itself Rugby League since that has been its name for over 100 years. However if Rugby simply wants to call itself Rugby, as it does, then they too have that right.

They were Rugby Football first.

They can claim claim the name if they want. What they cant do is stop League form calling itself Rugby or Rugby League.

You are simply deluded.

No I'm not delusional. Others agree. And I recall a number of people supported this "name " on an earlier discourse. It's very appropriate rugby union is rugby union and rugby league is rugby league. Not having either of assume ownership . I would also put forward that rugby league broke away from union fir players rights and renumeration reasons that perhaps a more genuine /decent dorm of of rugby in rugby league evolved. To my eye a vast improvement on the union version . However the union version has used it's established 'friends/connection' to circumvent the growth of a truelly superior rugby code in the league version. A pretty sad but true scenario from what I'm seeing.

Te Kaha

First Grade
No I'm not delusional. Others agree. And I recall a number of people supported this "name " on an earlier discourse. It's very appropriate rugby union is rugby union and rugby league is rugby league. Not having either of assume ownership . I would also put forward that rugby league broke away from union fir players rights and renumeration reasons that perhaps a more genuine /decent dorm of of rugby in rugby league evolved. To my eye a vast improvement on the union version . However the union version has used it's established 'friends/connection' to circumvent the growth of a truelly superior rugby code in the league version. A pretty sad but true scenario from what I'm seeing.

All of which is totally irrelevant.

You are demanding people call League "Rugby League" because that's what you want. While demanding another code that calls itself "Rugby" to be called "Rugby Union" because that's what you want.

And the only reason for that, is because its what YOU want.

Rugby wants to call itself "Rugby". Most places in the world that know of a "Rugby" are referring to that code, not League.

The names they have for their major competitions are " The Rugby World Cup", "The Rugby Championship", "The Rugby Six Nations".
The names of their governing bodies reflect this. e.g. "World Rugby", "New Zealand Rugby", "Rugby Australia" etc.

Its delusional of you to think that demanding people on a website not to "respect" this will change anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts