What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LJC\Stallion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion

First Grade
All of which is totally irrelevant.

You are demanding people call League "Rugby League" because that's what you want. While demanding another code that calls itself "Rugby" to be called "Rugby Union" because that's what you want.

And the only reason for that, is because its what YOU want.

Rugby wants to call itself "Rugby". Most places in the world that know of a "Rugby" are referring to that code, not League.

The names they have for their major competitions are " The Rugby World Cup", "The Rugby Championship", "The Rugby Six Nations".
The names of their governing bodies reflect this. e.g. "World Rugby", "New Zealand Rugby", "Rugby Australia" etc.

Its delusional of you to think that demanding people on a website not to "respect" this will change anything.

Once again. Call these organisations appropriately. For example it should be Rugby union Australia. They (such organisations are taking the piss and know they are getting away with it) It's innaproprate and ultimately self indulgent with a lack of respect for other codes. (namely Rugby league ).

Valheru

Coach
Once again. Call these organisations appropriately. For example it should be Rugby union Australia. They (such organisations are taking the piss and know they are getting away with it) It's innaproprate and ultimately self indulgent with a lack of respect for other codes. (namely Rugby league ).

I can't work out if you are serious or extremely bored and trolling us all.

What do you actually want to happen? A worldwide governmental enforcement of the naming conventions that suit you?

As an aside, rugby league in Australia (at least in NSW and QLD) is not generally called rugby, rugby league or league, most fans just call it football and AFL fans in the southern states call AFL football. Soccer is still called soccer here despite the best attempts of the governing body (Football Federation Australia) to have that vernacular changed. There was buckleys of that happening and there is buckleys of your ridiculous suggestion ever happening.

Te Kaha

First Grade

Serious question. Are you mentally geniused in some form? Clearly basic concepts are beyond your grasp.

That list i provided ARE their "appropriate" names. They are the LEGAL and LAWFUL names of those organisations. They have registered those names with the various Companies Offices in their respective countries and trademarked them world wide.

It is ENTIRELY "appropriate" to call those organisations as such. Just because you cant understand and comprehend basic legal principles doesn't make the rest of the world wrong.

Te Kaha

First Grade

What do you actually want to happen? A worldwide governmental enforcement of the naming conventions that suit you?

As an aside, rugby league in Australia (at least in NSW and QLD) is not generally called rugby, rugby league or league, most fans just call it football and AFL fans in the southern states call AFL football. Soccer is still called soccer here despite the best attempts of the governing body (Football Federation Australia) to have that vernacular changed. There was buckleys of that happening and there is buckleys of your ridiculous suggestion ever happening.

I wish he was trolling, at least that would make some sense of his posts. However i suspect he is not and he firmly believes in his crusade. Don Quixote's tilting at windmills had nothing on the gelded Stallion here.

Pommy

Coach

Please don’t disrespect association football like Stallion does, it’s either football or association football.

Stallion

First Grade

Agree with your footy/football point! It's relevant to the culture . For instance Football is gridiron in the USA
Just think that for rugby league's identity and fir that matter rugby union's identity that the two should be referred to as their names in full. It may seem trivial but in the big picture it counts. That's just my take on it.

Valheru

Coach
Agree with your footy/football point! It's relevant to the culture . For instance Football is gridiron in the USA
Just think that for rugby league's identity and fir that matter rugby union's identity that the two should be referred to as their names in full. It may seem trivial but in the big picture it counts. That's just my take on it.

And that's fine but you expressed that opinion about 10 pages ago. Since then you have gone on and on about it to the point of suggesting that people are forced to refer to various sports by the names you want them to.

Stallion

First Grade
And that's fine but you expressed that opinion about 10 pages ago. Since then you have gone on and on about it to the point of suggesting that people are forced to refer to various sports by the names you want them to.

No its not that at all. My gripe is that on a rugby-league website that rugby league should be referred to as rugby league or league and union should be either union or rugby union. The ownership of the word "rugby" should not be afforded to union especially on a rugby league website. Think it's innaproprate and disrespectful on a designated rugby league website. You can go all you like in a union website but not on a rugby league website .

Pommy

Coach
No its not that at all. My gripe is that on a rugby-league website that rugby league should be referred to as rugby league or league and union should be either union or rugby union. The ownership of the word "rugby" should not be afforded to union especially on a rugby league website. Think it's innaproprate and disrespectful on a designated rugby league website. You can go all you like in a union website but not on a rugby league website .

So it’s not “just your take on it” is it? You’re pretty much insisting on other people following your preferred language.

Stallion

First Grade
So it’s not “just your take on it” is it? You’re pretty much insisting on other people following your preferred language.

Think it's a fair point and should be taken notice of! Instead of letting it go through to the keeper like alot of stuff does.

Stallion

First Grade
Says who?

The millions of people in the USA !? Just like the millions that affectionately refer to soccer as soccer in Australia. In fact I prefer soccer as I think football can be all ecompassing and relevant to the dominant supporter code . And Im a soccer fan and have played it for a about a decade after I finished rugby league. 'Footy' was rugby league when I grew up in Newcastle NSW.

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
Think it's a fair point and should be taken notice of! Instead of letting it go through to the keeper like alot of stuff does.

It’s not going through to the keeper everyone just thinks you’re a loon.

The millions of people in the USA !? Just like the millions that affectionately refer to soccer as soccer on Australia. In fact I prefer soccer as I think football can be all ecompassing and relevant to the dominant supporter code . Just like footy was rugby league when I grew up!

So it’s ok for millions of Americans to call a sport one thing but it’s not ok for millions of kiwis, Poms and Aussies to call a sport another thing, ok then.....
You might like soccer but true Australian football fans do not, stop being such a hypocritical bigot.

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
It’s not going through to the keeper everyone just thinks you’re a loon.

So it’s ok for millions of Americans to call a sport one thing but it’s not ok for millions of kiwis, Poms and Aussies to call a sport another thing, ok then.....

You seem to think you are a rugby league fan!? So you honestly think that referring to rugby league as league and rugby union as rugby is a good position /look for rugby league ? No wonder rugby-league is not getting anywhere near it should as far as a worldwide sport. It's people whom say they support and can't see what an 'insult' is and what should be appropriate. Your the loony Pommy. And a disrespectful one at that! I'm noting something that should be addressed as if left ignored puts rugby-league in a subservient regard to it's uglier and more undeserving big brother code in union. I know the calibre of comment on this forum is poor so it doesn't surprise me with this indignant and rude 'bullying' .But nevertheless I'll stand by my guns and maybe some of you may wake up. Then again deep sleep and unawareness are big on this site!?

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
You seem to think your are a rugby league fan!? So you honestly think that referring to rugby league as league and rugby union as rugby is a good position /look for rugby league ? No wonder rugby-league is not getting anywhere near it should as far as a worldwide sport. It's people whom say they support and can't see what an 'insult' is and what should be appropriate. Your the loony Pommy. And a disrespectful one at that! I'm noting something that should be addressed as if left ignored puts rugby-league in a subservient regard to it's uglier and more undeserving big brother code in union. I know the calibre of comment on this forum is poor so it doesn't surprise me with this indignant and rude 'bullying' .But nevertheless I'll stand by my guns and maybe some of you may wake up. Then again deep sleep and unawareness are big on this site!?

It’s not that I think I’m a rugby league fan, I am a rugby league fan. It’s not for you to be the judge of who is and isn’t worthy of the title.
I honestly think, as I have said a million times nobody thinks twice about the naming protocols of the sport in different regions. You just get upset because you don’t live in an echo chamber with people reinforcing your moronic views.
As for bullying you’re not afraid of name calling and worse on this forum, people in glass houses and all that.
once again it just demonstrates what a hypocritical lunatic you are.

Stallion

First Grade
It’s not that I think I’m a rugby league fan, I am a rugby league fan. It’s not for you to be the judge of who is and isn’t worthy of the title.
I honestly think, as I have said a million times nobody thinks twice about the naming protocols of the sport in different regions. You just get upset because you don’t live in an echo chamber with people reinforcing your moronic views.
As for bullying you’re not afraid of name calling and worse on this forum, people in glass houses and all that.
once again it just demonstrates what a hypocritical lunatic you are.

Back at yu Pommy.

Pommy

Coach
It's Aussie slang for "Same to you! "

I understand that but it just doesn’t make any sense in the context you used it.
I haven’t said you’re not a fan of league.
I’m not trying to police the words people use.
I haven’t claimed you’re bullying me.
It’s just another post from you which makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts