What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Bandwagon

Staff member
We can "deduce" (how do i do those stupid air quote emojis?) that the temperature trend (30/30/30/30/30) does not change, no matter where you try to insert carbon dioxide as an influencer. We can "deduce" that carbon dioxide, therefore, does not influence global temperatures (not enough to make an impression on the graph, anyways).

That's it. That's all you need to know.

Yet we see over the medium to long term a rise in temperature that remains unexplained ( ignored ) by your argument.

Until you address that, your logic remains flawed by omission of fact.

hindy111

Post Whore
Ignoring possibilties of climate change is a selfish trait.

HJ think of the children you bastard

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
A healthy dose of scepticism is always a good thing. He just hasn’t been able to credibly articulate his doubts in the face of logic.

Gronk

Staff member
So the generals didn't write an open letter to the French President?

There is a transcript of the alleged document. In any event that website has been deemed unreliable, so whilst I cannot say it didn’t happen, it may not have.

Let’s assume that it’s legit. Before anyone can get excited, I think it would be appropriate to know the political persuasions of the list of merkins below. If they are all from the far right of the political spectrum, then really the appropriate response to this whole kerfuffle is - so what !

Général Antoine MARTINEZ

Charles MILLON – Ancien Ministre de la Défense

Général Marc BERTUCCHI

Général Philippe CHATENOUD

Général André COUSTOU

Général Roland DUBOIS

Général Daniel GROSMAIRE

Général Christian HOUDET

Général Michel ISSAVERDENS

Amiral Patrick MARTIN

Général Christian PIQUEMAL

Général Daniel SCHAEFFER

Général Didier TAUZIN

Colonel Jean Louis CHANAS

hindy111

Post Whore
It comes down to the rich want to make more money and live in luxury and taking no responsibilties for future generations. Selfish and coward act.

TheRam

Coach
There is a transcript of the alleged document. In any event that website has been deemed unreliable, so whilst I cannot say it didn’t happen, it may not have.

Let’s assume that it’s legit. Before anyone can get excited, I think it would be appropriate to know the political persuasions of the list of merkins below. If they are all from the far right of the political spectrum, then really the appropriate response to this whole kerfuffle is - so what !

Général Antoine MARTINEZ

Charles MILLON – Ancien Ministre de la Défense

Général Marc BERTUCCHI

Général Philippe CHATENOUD

Général André COUSTOU

Général Roland DUBOIS

Général Daniel GROSMAIRE

Général Christian HOUDET

Général Michel ISSAVERDENS

Amiral Patrick MARTIN

Général Christian PIQUEMAL

Général Daniel SCHAEFFER

Général Didier TAUZIN

Colonel Jean Louis CHANAS

Or have you stopped to think that maybe the left leaning media(90%) of all mainstream media, are in support of mass migration and therefore would never be the first to report on such a landmark move by like I said, active generals.

So whether right or left, if generals are calling their President out as treasonous, don't you think that it should at least be reported on by all media? Is it not news worthy?

I for one would like to know what a bunch of Generals who are part of the hierarchy to defend my nation are thinking especially if they believe that the guy that holds the most influential and powerful post in my government is doing something that maybe catastrophic to the very existence of my nation.

Is it not something that ALL media outlets should be discussing in detail and total transparency for the public to have the chance to make their own decision before it may or may not be to late for words to be relevant and violence the only option?

Gronk

Staff member
Or have you stopped to think that maybe the left leaning media(90%) of all mainstream media, are in support of mass migration and therefore would never be the first to report on such a landmark move by like I said, active generals.

So whether right or left, if generals are calling their President out as treasonous, don't you think that it should at least be reported on by all media? Is it not news worthy?

I for one would like to know what a bunch of Generals who are part of the hierarchy to defend my nation are thinking especially if they believe that the guy that holds the most influential and powerful post in my government is doing something that maybe catastrophic to the very existence of my nation.

Is it not something that ALL media outlets should be discussing in detail and total transparency for the public to have the chance to make their own decision before it may or may not be to late for words to be relevant and violence the only option?

Sorry, I don’t think that 10 signatories means much unless we have the appropriate context. Trump seems to have a revolving door of lackeys (including Generals) who share both his political certitudes and flunkiness. So 10 French generals, I still say so what.

I hear you about media transparency. All media outlets from the SMH and Telecrap, through to Freewestmedia, CNN and Breitbart should be fact checked and held to account.

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...y/news-story/67686dd3baf78563d8cb8cab9bce21d9

ICAC raids NSW Labor Party offices in Sydney

The NSW Labor Party’s head office in Sydney has been raided by the Independent Commission Against Corruption today as part of an investigation into ALP donations.

Officials of the NSW ICAC are believed to have searched the ALP’s Sussex Street office for financial documents linked to an annual party fundraising event called the Chinese Friends of Labor.

The ICAC declined to comment on the raid with a spokeswoman saying the corruption investigator did not provide detail on operational matters.

While the precise nature of the investigation remains unclear at this stage, it is known that the NSW Labor Party has fostered close ties with prominent wealthy businessmen from the Chinese community in Sydney.

Former Labor senator Sam Dastyari quit politics because of a scandal over his relationship with one businessman and large party donor, Huang Xiangmo.

In 2016, it was reported that another Chinese-born businessman with links to Mr Dastyari, Minshen Zhu, had written a $2000 cheque for NSW Labor candidate Chris Minns as a donation for the 2015 election — yet Mr Zhu had apparently never met Mr Minns. The cheque was not cashed.

Other Labor MPs with close ties to the Chinese community include federal MPs Chris Bowen. One key link between the NSW ALP and the Chinese community over the years has been Upper House MP Ernest Wong, a Burwood councillor before he was given the seat of retiring MP and former Labor treasurer Eric Roozendaal. Mr Roozendaal then went on to work for Mr Huang afterwards.

The ICAC raid earlier today occurred while all senior officials including NSW ALP boss Kaila Murnain were in Adelaide at the party’s national conference.

NSW federal Labor MP Matt Thistlethwaite said today that NSW Labor staff were co-operating with ICAC and that the anti-corruption watchdog does “great work.”

“The officials and the staff and the branch officers of NSW are co-operating to ensure ICAC can conduct their investigation,” he told Sky News.

“They are a body that’s done great work in NSW and has the support of the broad populace. It’s one of the reasons why Labor has moved to establish a National Integrity Commission. We’ve based it on the work of ICACs like the one in NSW.”

When asked if it would be unfair if ICAC held hearings before a federal election on their current investigation, Mr Thistlethwaite said he would not “second-guess” the anti-corruption watchdog.

“You can’t second guess the work of ICAC ... they should be given the opportunity to conduct this investigation and any investigation,” he said.

Additional reporting: Richard Ferguson

Gronk

Staff member
Political donations are as dodgy AF.

Minerals Council, Property Developers, Unions, Gun Lobby, Pharmaceutical lobby etc

Gotta stop.

Lucky we have ICAC in NSW, ScoMo thought he would be clever and make the calls for a Federal ICAC go away. So he announced his own version of ICAC ... :joy:

El Diablo

Post Whore
Political donations are as dodgy AF.

Minerals Council, Property Developers, Unions, Gun Lobby, Pharmaceutical lobby etc

Gotta stop.

Lucky we have ICAC in NSW, ScoMo thought he would be clever and make the calls for a Federal ICAC go away. So he announced his own version of ICAC ... :joy:

Eelogical

Referee
You’re barking up the wrong tree if you think that I give a crap that liberal or labor get done for corrupt shit. I say good.
I do. At the end of the day having politicians putting themselves in a position where corruption is par for the course, and us voters accepting that, can only mean more of the same going forward. Like any subject here, none of us are experts. I have strong views but I'm reluctant to cut and divide my fellow Eels supporters.

Gronk

Staff member
I do. At the end of the day having politicians putting themselves in a position where corruption is par for the course, and us voters accepting that, can only mean more of the same going forward. Like any subject here, none of us are experts. I have strong views but I'm reluctant to cut and divide my fellow Eels supporters.
We’re on the same page. I said good that they got caught.