What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 team line up

Como Connection

First Grade
If Aitken can play like he did at the start of 2018 consistently through 2019, then he has his nose in front of Laf imo. They're easily interchangeable, but if Laf gets the start I want to see him play like he does when a contract is on the line.
Lafai only needs early clean ball.
Full stop.
Aitken needs to prove to his supporters this year he has it as right centre.
Yes I don't rate him.
CC

Gardenia

Juniors
Who cares about the quality of our team line-up. More important to fit in Dufty and Aitken than to win a string of games. I'm sure Lomax will play right centre and Widdop will play fullback in rounds 1-4.
Am I the only one that doesn't Rate Aitken? He doesn't really pass the ball when needed and misses tackles. Dufty has the X factor for sure but he gets targeted and they ragdoll him.

Gardenia

Juniors
lol you can't say '(I) think we will see something like this' and then talk about what *you* think mcGregor should do.
So do you think Debelin will be replaced by Frizz and Leilua to 11 with host on the bench? Will this adequately replace his work rate? Ive heard he snaps you in two if you run at him - we are going to miss his presence on the field. I think the case will drag on and they wont play him till its finalized - if he isn't convicted that is - I hope im wrong.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Gardenia - yes the middle defence may be a touch under what it is with Jack there .. Our edge attack will be better in my opinion and a middle attack also stronger.

I cannot see the club playing Jack whilst the case is active - just too much bad press coming the clubs way.

Unless JDB pleads guilty, his case is likely to drag on all year and probably not be heard till mid 2020.

Consequently I expect the club will play JDB in 2019.

Gardenia

Juniors
what happened in the stewart case guys who can remember the circumstances ........
I did a bit of a search online I can only see that it dragged on from March 2009 to September 2010. He was suspended ny the nrl for 5 matches initially in May 2009? Can’t find much else in it.

RufusRex

Post Whore
I did a bit of a search online I can only see that it dragged on from March 2009 to September 2010. He was suspended ny the nrl for 5 matches initially in May 2009? Can’t find much else in it.

my memory is that it turned into he said/she said - the alleged victim and her father proved to be less than credible and ultimately he was found not guilty at trial.

dragon thomo

Juniors
I am not a great fan of Aitken. But I would give him a challenge to build up and have a run at 13. I aggree he is not a great passer of the ball but he does run hard and pick a hole.
I do not like the idea of Luciano playing wide either as his lateral defence can be suspect. Remember in the 2nd semi Luciano got caught out when Creighton scored.

RufusRex

Post Whore
I am not a great fan of Aitken. But I would give him a challenge to build up and have a run at 13. I aggree he is not a great passer of the ball but he does run hard and pick a hole.
I do not like the idea of Luciano playing wide either as his lateral defence can be suspect. Remember in the 2nd semi Luciano got caught out when Creighton scored.

I don’t remember that ... I remember him being caught offside and called out by the ref defending in the middle ... this opened the gap for Reynolds to score. Would have been better making the tackle and giving the penalty away.

As his fitness improves and the club improves his tackling technique, Luc will become a quality defender.

It was only late in the 2018 season that he discovered a bit of mongrel when running the football.

Has the size and the speed to wreak havoc out wide.

Am looking forward to seeing Luc imitate a bowling ball in 2019 as he smashes through the defence of many sides.

DragonJ

Juniors
I was wondering if he is too slow to be a Mansaur-like winger. He has a similar body shape, maybe a little bulkier.

DragonJ

Juniors
Could someone please provide a link to the forum rules? I've been clicking around everywhere trying to find them but no luck.

Muzby, here's your chance to prove you are good for something other than snide and in the end, utterly meaningless comments.

Old Timer

Coach
Good boy. You didn't disappoint.

I posted earlier that I'm not exactly 'new'. Only new to posting messages. I was watching on from the sidelines and Muzby, for good reason, is the player pretty much everyone loves to hate.
Hate is rather harsh and in fact not correct
Whilst there are many differing opinions we don’t hate anyone although disappointment in some peoples posts does abound at times and your post is just such an occasion

DragonJ

Juniors
Hate is rather harsh and in fact not correct
Whilst there are many differing opinions we don’t hate anyone although disappointment in some peoples posts does abound at times and your post is just such an occasion
Since you are going into bat for him, can you succeed where he (once again) failed and point me to the forum rules?

Last edited:

Latest posts