What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member

51E9PTFZZ3L.jpg

TheRam

Coach
Mate, I was the same. Went on my first cruise 3 years ago.
I never had any intention of ever going on a cruise. It just didn't appeal to me whatsoever. Then, one day the missus came home from work and said "I've gone and done something crazy - I've just put a deposit on a cruise for the family." My first thought was "WTF!"
Then, when I thought about it more, I thought - why not?
It was a 13 day cruise through the Pacific (New Caledonia, Fiji then Vanuatu) Unfortunately, we didn't get to Fiji due to an approaching cyclone so we spent more days cruising at sea and visited more of Vanuatu.
Our ship - Royal Caribbean's Legend of the Seas, sailed from Brisbane.
I must say I was extraordinarily surprised at how much I enjoyed it. The ship was certainly boganafied.
Sailing out of Brisbane, this was always going to be a given.
Yet, I did not find it difficult to find peace and tranquility at any stage, nor did I find it difficult to keep myself occupied. From peaceful time reading a book in the ships library, to spending time in the ships adults only under cover pool area, to having a spa and sauna, to walking the ships decks, to mini-golf, bingo, Captains talks, movies on the pool deck at night, going for a cappuccino whenever I wanted, browsing the duty free store for a bargain, or just eating all the amazing food available at any time of day. Drink prices were completely acceptable (generally pub prices).
Or, just lazing on a deck staring at the incredible scenery at times, it truly was a wonderful holiday. More than I ever expected.
The onboard entertainment was cheesy, but we got to see a "Queen" show which was quite good. Also had a comedy night and a magicians night, the latter when my 13 y.o. was dragged up on stage in front of 1000 people and had the piss taken out of him, although he performed quite admirably himself and had the audience in stitches a couple of times.
Staff were amazing. Buffet food was endless in choice, and the evening meals were excellent with an amazing array of different menus over the course of the cruise.
I would do another cruise in a heartbeat.
For value for money, cruises are just about the best.

But then, maybe I'm just a bogan.

Exactly right, my cruise was very similar, but I can't say there was any Boganism at all. It must be just a different type of ship. I mean how much rocking out can a ship full of mainly retirees do. It's not like we were on a ship with Cocoons in our pool.

As for the entertainment it was quite good at times, like we had a mini version of Cirque du soleil on one night, one of my favourite afternoon talks was a daily lecture from a former NASA director talking about all things "space". Funny thing was I met him in the sauna the day before his first lecture and had quite a good talk, but at no time had I asked him what he did for some reason. Still wish I had. If I knew he had been the boss of NASA, I would have asked him between gulps and licks(just kidding) about the moon landing and maybe how he can praise a known SS Nazi like Wernher von Braun, which he did frequently during his discussions and considered him a great man and close friend till he died.

But then again, I was on holidays and maybe I would of just kept it chilled and just kept it on alien stuff.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
FTR she played the part of a gay sound engineer, he most famous line

"my girlfriend is so good she can make by cum without even touching me"

never thought I'd hear that from the Little Mermaid

hindy111

Post Whore
It's all gone pretty quiet.
I wonder where Robert Jennings will end up...
Probably stay at Souths.
Segeyaro is still off too. Surely someone will pick him up.

I don't want Segs. I am happy with the squad tbh. I wouldn't mind seeing GL or Hoffman gone for Parry.
If a good prop was available id consider it or centre.