What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis: 18 mths good behaviour bond for mid range DUI, speeding offences

Valheru

Coach
In case people haven't read it - https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/18/greg-inglis-to-retire-at-end-of-2020-season/

Thing is, rep retirement at the end of this year, then NRL retirement at the end of 2020, how sickly will the media make it with the over kill? I don't dislike Greg Inglis, but the media do go so over the top that it can turn you off someone.

It will be completely sickening.

You watch them have the audacity to tell us how much of a "good bloke" and a "clean skin" he is.

It will be completely sickening.

You watch them have the audacity to tell us how much of a "good bloke" and a "clean skin" he is.

Vomitous though it will be, I’ll enjoy watching them squirm & try to explain away (or perhaps just flat ignore it) when Manu makes him look like the most nothing player to ever step onto a football field...again.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Vomitous though it will be, I’ll enjoy watching them squirm & try to explain away (or perhaps just flat ignore it) when Manu makes him look like the most nothing player to ever step onto a football field...again.
If he’s playing fb he’ll be trotting 30m away so that might be difficult

TheFrog

Coach
Starting the testimonial match cash machine cranking early
GI doesn't appear short of a quid in any man's language, I suspect its the adulation he craves. With a bit of luck one Cam Smith will rain on his parade somewhat. I also suspect that a very large slice of his adulation quotient was used up in court the other day.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The GI love-in has already begun, plenty of articles at NRL.com about him.

Bizarre that he's been lavished with such praise just days after escaping conviction for a significant misdemeanour.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal

Bizarre that he's been lavished with such praise just days after escaping conviction for a significant misdemeanour.
Any mentions of self harming or non-flying planes?

Valheru

Coach
I look forward to his testimonial. He doesn't meet 2 of the 3 criteria as defined by the NRL but that didn't stop them having one for clean skins Cam and JT.

Is it, though? Would you really call it surprising?

“Why deadly GI is a genuine icon of the game” up on the NRL website.

Truly, how stuff like this can be written within days of his court case (let alone the rest of his career) is lunacy, but to be expected.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Didn't undo it at all. A magistrate has admitted that they would not give leniency because, among other things, the defendant was not aboriginal.
What another magistrate thinks is irrelevant, he wasn't the magistrate who presided over GI's case.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
GI could be trying to convince the nrl to bring back the piggybacks to send him out on a winner

Latest posts