What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barba sacked by Cowboys

betcats

Referee
Actually he was running around for the Qld Cup feeder side, and he then asked out of his contract as he wanted to return to Sydney due to an illness in the family - https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/todd-c...r-sydney/ee7395ee-7665-4695-9e4b-8c39138e07a3

Yes, which is why he was sacked by Manly and then served 9 months in prison for it. He then worked on building sites constructing steel frames working 60 hours a week before he went to play football with the Wyong Roos in 2016. It was after all this that the Roosters offered him a 1 year contract for the 2017 season and he had to apply to be re-registered. Fact is off field Tetevano has been a clean skin, and in fact still lives on the Central Coast so that he avoids any problems. As of the end of 2017 he was still doing off season work on building sites - https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/a2bf546794f1d956f3916ed73094d3ba

Hence Tetevano is not a repeat offender and has worked to turn his life around.

He assaulted his missus on multiple occasions, he is a repeat offender, he pleaded guilty to it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I notice in this article they have removed Greenberg saying "Thats all I need to see.....I havent seen it".

The media smother has begun.
That article never contained the statement you're referring to, the SMH one in your previous post did. Different outlets, different articles.

Tiger5150

Bench
That article never contained the statement you're referring to, the SMH one in your previous post did. Different outlets, different articles.

Quoting the same statement. One of which being News Ltd. I stand by it, its a smother

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Tiger5150

Bench
Apologies it was the Tele not SMH, you were right: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...k=d7d3484ecc006ddf85832e339341701e-1549345615

And it remains in that article as you have quoted (albeit abridged).

The quote was never in the NRL.com article linked by @Captain Apollo, so it could not have been "removed".

I understand that the quote wasnt originally in the NRL article and therefore wasn't removed but they are quoting the exact same phrases, literally the same sentences and have chosen not to quote the ridiculous "thats all I need to see....I havent seen it" because as a NRL post they are smothering their bosses stupidity.

But they couldnt totally remove all traces of his studidity and incompetence. From the same NRL article quoted by @Captain Apollo;

• "These decisions affect people's livelihoods. They're big moments and you want to make sure you get them right," he said......."This is a guy that now loses his livelihood......“I haven’t seen it but it was described to me in great detail ...” again a note that the ORIGINAL statement, in the same sentence was “These decisions affect people’s livelihoods, they affect familes, children, so they’re big moments and you want to make sure you get them right,” but apparently NRL doesnt feel that the families and children part of the narrative suits Tough Toddies stance. Total smother.

• "I'm a parent of two kids, I have a daughter myself so take a huge responsibility with the decisions we take. I've seen a lot. Our players come from a long way behind, that's why we do a lot of education and training. " - What the actual hell? This is the boss of the NRL making a blanket statement that Rugby League players come from a long way behind? A long way behind in what way? Intelligence? Morals? Let me get this right, the BOSS of the NRL has stated that NRL players are inherently behind and therefore need additional education. SMH.

• "We're living in a complex world with social media and phone cameras. That's no excuse or reason, it's part of the landscape we work." - No. No not at all. it is not complex at all. Nor is it part of the "landscape we work" Is assault on a woman different if it is not captured on video or shared on social media? What the hell is this message meaning? Assualt is assault, its not complex, it doesnt matter if its captured on video or on media, it doesnt matter if it is committed by a NRL player, a plumber or a lawyer. This bullshit is all part of the victim complex of the NRL and NRL players, if it wasnt a NRL player it wouldnt be reported. ITS NOT COMPLEX TODD, dont make it.

Saxon

Bench
Absolute dribble from the dribble master.

The NRL CEO shouldn't have given a reference to a player with a history of DV; especially now when the issue of DV within the NRL is at its height.
f**k that. He shouldn't be giving a reference to a stupid f**king merkin who drank all night and then sped home - stopping, I might add, for a beer with lunch on the way. Could've killed someone.
Inglis is supposed to be a grown man, a leader and prides himself on being an example to "my people". How about he takes some responsibility for his actions? Besides, it's not even like he needs a licence - he's not some tradie who has to drive to various sites to work. If he can't get a lift to training off his mates or his missus (hmm, well maybe not his missus) he's not short of cab fare.

Greenberg giving him a character reference was a f**king disgrace.

Saxon

Bench
As far as we know, Ben Barba isn't a danger to anyone he regularly associates with through his work (playing rugby league)
He's known to be violent to women who upset him. That opens the potential that he might attack a female club staffer, a journalist or a fan. that should be adequate.

firechild

First Grade
Last edited by a moderator:

firechild

First Grade
They are the only ones at fault. No one else. The game has done everything possible for these players. They have zero excuses and the game is absolved of any wrong doing.

This pathetic and non-stop witch hunt of NRL CEO's is f**king absurd and largely a massive joke.

Every time someone uses shit like this to attack Greenberg, they are indirectly taking the blame off the player who did the wrong thing, whether they intended to or not.
What BS. If the courts weren't sufficiently punishing criminals (arguably happening already) then we wouldn't be absolving criminals of responsibility, they'd be at just as much fault but in addition the judges and magistrates would be accused of not doing their job properly.

Same goes for Greenberg. The players are responsible for their actions and completely at fault for what they've done but Greenberg and his cronies aren't doing their jobs properly and people are sick of it. Who cares if we lose a few players from the game, the game gains a better reputation and likely increase its fanbase which creates revenue.

The lack of action damages the game as much as the actions themselves. The NRL can't stop dickheads from being dickheads but they can take a stand and make sure there is no place in the game for them. That's the part Greenberg is responsible for and that is where he and his predecessors have failed. No point pointing fingers at those who stood in the position before him because you can't change the past, you can only change what you do next. Only 1 person is in a position to make that decision.

firechild

First Grade
We finally have a zero tolerance policy being discussed on this issue. It's taken over a century. Greenberg did that.

You might need to look up "policy" in the dictionary (don't worry, there are free ones online).

He's made a comment to tv cameras, nothing more. There is no policy, there was a serious eyeballing of news crews and some lip service that has been trotted out before. You say he has acted, he hasn't. So far, it's all words without substance.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What BS. If the courts weren't sufficiently punishing criminals (arguably happening already) then we wouldn't be absolving criminals of responsibility, they'd be at just as much fault but in addition the judges and magistrates would be accused of not doing their job properly.

Same goes for Greenberg. The players are responsible for their actions and completely at fault for what they've done but Greenberg and his cronies aren't doing their jobs properly and people are sick of it. Who cares if we lose a few players from the game, the game gains a better reputation and likely increase its fanbase which creates revenue.

The lack of action damages the game as much as the actions themselves. The NRL can't stop dickheads from being dickheads but they can take a stand and make sure there is no place in the game for them. That's the part Greenberg is responsible for and that is where he and his predecessors have failed. No point pointing fingers at those who stood in the position before him because you can't change the past, you can only change what you do next. Only 1 person is in a position to make that decision.

This. Well said.
Damage the games image, f**k off and become a tradie. There will be no repeat offenders if we kick offenders out of the game. They owe the game a lot, not the other way around!

"Starting a long way behind", did merkin Greenberg really say that? Jesus wept.

TheFrog

Coach
He's known to be violent to women who upset him. That opens the potential that he might attack a female club staffer, a journalist or a fan. that should be adequate.
Has anything like this happened in the past, or has it only been his current partner?

Valheru

Coach

No it wouldn't be otherwise DV perpertartors wouldn't be able to get any job.

Latest posts