What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallen v Hoppa’s internet fight

Quigs

Immortal
Is Aussie Joe Bugner still alive ............... just sayin'

What about Foster Bibron?

Chimp

Bench
As its Gals last season, I'd love to see him let the fists loose a few times throughout the year in the NRL. There's a list of players I reckon Gal should aim to provoke and as soon as they give him the slightest excuse, unload on their chin...

Josh McGuire, Will Chambers, Josh Papali, Cam Smith... I'm sure there are others too who are deserving of this special treatment

jc155776

Coach
Robert Whittacker defends his UFC belt tomorrow and this exhibition laugh getting all the media attention. This is why the media is losing so much respect every year. Feeding people shit and they know it.

#learntocode

AJB1102

First Grade
Robert Whittacker defends his UFC belt tomorrow and this exhibition laugh getting all the media attention. This is why the media is losing so much respect every year. Feeding people shit and they know it.

#learntocode

UFC and boxing are hyped up shit that usually just ends up 2 sweaty blokes hugging in their undies.

If it wasn't Gal I wouldn't have noticed.

coolumsharkie

Referee
UFC is barbaric, and they still shake their heads when drug f**ked imbeciles come out of nightclubs and start kicking poor bastards on the deck in the head.

The worlds getting fhuckter by the year.

Not only that, it's pretty boring to watch unless your into men hugging each other tightly on the ground for the most part. The training part of it is pretty extreme though, so I'm fully aware of the veracity of form, just find it boring, personally.

carcharias

Immortal
Not only that, it's pretty boring to watch unless your into men hugging each other tightly on the ground for the most part. The training part of it is pretty extreme though, so I'm fully aware of the veracity of form, just find it boring, personally.
I’m with you
It’s shit too watch
I got sucked in by a mate talking it up.
Went to watch a fight on tv at the pub.
So boring.

Quigs

Immortal
I've said it a few times before in here. I used to love boxing and the history of the sport. I'd purchase books, read autobiographies on the legends. Even when the Gangsters run the show. (Don King etc)

I used to love that 'me' early publican at the Gymea Rex was non other than Vic Patrick.

At one stage I actually prided myself that I could name every aussie world title holder. Over the decades boxing has turned to shit, especially Aus boxing. (very similiar to what is happening to the NRL right now) It became a joke. I used to laugh at Fenechs early fights, described by Roy and HG as fighting heads in bags. But to his credit Fenech stepped up and took on all and sundry.

The joke that was Aussie Joe Bugner, a very good fighter in his day, but dragged the sport down here. Throw in that idiot whose name I wont mention. Then you read some bloke with a polly name is fighting some unknown for a world title after 3 and a half fights.

I'll let you in on a little secret. Just me and my thoughts and because I couldn't give a shit. I have never watched a UFC bout in full. Just watched sports news highlights. It is barbaric. Fighters kicking one another in a cage. Its human dog fighting.

And I have never watched a T-20 / Big Bash League game either. Yank cricket doesn't interest me.

Modern day league is leaving me the same. If it wasn't for the Sharks then I couldn't give a rats arse.

2016 has changed me forever as I have been to the mountain.

taipan

Referee
Give me wrestling ,now there's a sport that's honest.:oops:

I just wish Gal would concentrate on slamming the nuffies from some teams, rather than the digital inserter.

bluefox68

Staff member
Quigs...
Thank you!
I thought I was in the minority about UFC.
I won’t watch it - it’s glorifying extreme violence, and I don’t think, as a society, we should celebrate that.
Big Bash is just dead boring to me, also.
A mate tried to watch the Super Bowl, after years of wanting to - confirmed what I knew already - BORING!!!

Still love the Sharkies, though, and the footy in general - looking forward to the season starting. I hate the off-season...

Quigs

Immortal
I know that there a quite a few in here that rightfully picked up the domestic violence baton and ran hard with it. Me included. Especially the recent Barba incident n'all

I'd be interested to know their feelings towards UFC. People that watch and enjoy that type of brutality to me would think nothing of kicking a bloke in the head when he is down.

I loved a stink on the footy field more than most. It was the era I grew up with. I'll be honest I miss watching it in todays games. I'd love a dollar for everytime I yelled at the screen "For fharkes sake just snott the Quigs"

But I long ago drew a line in the sand when it came to that UFC shit. I repeat it is nothing more than human dog fighting. How's the saying go ... "The standard that you walk past is the standard you accept"

Be fharked if I'll watch it.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
As its Gals last season, I'd love to see him let the fists loose a few times throughout the year in the NRL. There's a list of players I reckon Gal should aim to provoke and as soon as they give him the slightest excuse, unload on their chin...

Josh McGuire, Will Chambers, Josh Papali, Cam Smith... I'm sure there are others too who are deserving of this special treatment
Needs more Joey Leluia and Dylan Walker.....

AJB1102

First Grade
I know that there a quite a few in here that rightfully picked up the domestic violence baton and ran hard with it. Me included. Especially the recent Barba incident n'all

I'd be interested to know their feelings towards UFC. People that watch and enjoy that type of brutality to me would think nothing of kicking a bloke in the head when he is down.

I loved a stink on the footy field more than most. It was the era I grew up with. I'll be honest I miss watching it in todays games. I'd love a dollar for everytime I yelled at the screen "For fharkes sake just snott the Quigs"

But I long ago drew a line in the sand when it came to that UFC shit. I repeat it is nothing more than human dog fighting. How's the saying go ... "The standard that you walk past is the standard you accept"

Be fharked if I'll watch it.

I like the stand up fights, not the hugging on the ground, mounting a blokes back and punching the f**k out of him. There is no kicking guys in the head when they're down so I'm not sure why you'd think that. Even less sure how thoughts on DV and UFC might compare - one is mental and physical violence toward an unwilling victim in their home, the other is 2 highly trained and skilled fighters who are willing participants.

Maybe we could create the DVUFC and pit abusive partners against proper fighting machines. Sell it on Main Event with all proceeds going to anti-DV organisations.

Latest posts