What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallen v Hoppa’s internet fight

Foz

Bench
Is Aussie Joe Bugner still alive ............... just sayin'

What about Foster Bibron?

I was watching a fight recently and they interviewed Joe at the start of the night.
It might’ve been the Jeff Horne fight (has there been one on Fox since)but don’t take that as fact
He said something controversial(surprise surprise)that slipped my mind but it didn’t go down that well with the crowd.
I knew he had a heart attack a few years ago and was thinking he looked pretty good considering.
I always found his fights boring.
He never threw too many.
When he moved to Australia I thought his boxing career was over but he fought and won the Australian title.
I know he beat Big Bob Mirovic in a pretty close fight and think that was an Australian title.
Big Bob fought Hoppa a couple of times and lost both times.
I went to a few Bob Mirovic(and The Waters boys fights back when)

Joe must be close to 70 so I’m thinking that was 30 years ago.(when he won the Australian title).
Didn’t he win a WB ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP title when he was about 50?
Sort of remember he couldn’t win the heavyweight title when there was only one of them but he eventually won a WBZ title?
Hoppa is a lot bigger than Gal but Aussie Joe and Mirovic were big men.
Must be hard for Gal to fight men of that size so I wish he’d leave boxing alone till his footy career is finished but if A bloke likes doing it it’s his choice.

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
Aussie Joe won his world title when he took on some very old yank boxer for some whatever vacant Heavyweight Title. Their combined ages were closer to 100 than 90 I think.

Anyhow ring the bell, both boxers slowly walked towards one another in round one. The yank threw an overhead right and threw his shoulder out and couldn't continue. Joe won on a TKO.

Foz

Bench
Aussie Joe won his world title when he took on some very old yank boxer for some whatever vacant Heavyweight Title. Their combined ages were closer to 100 than 90 I think.

Anyhow ring the bell, both boxers slowly walked towards one another in round one. The yank threw an overhead right and threw his shoulder out and couldn't continue. Joe won on a TKO.

Wish I’d paid $50 to watch that one.
Joes most exciting fight.

I did admire John Famechon., I think it was against Harada He ducked to his left under a harada left , Mirror image duck to the right then leant back as Haradas left hook swished through the air well in front of him .Must have been frustrating for Harada. I guess Famechon wasn't able to avoid them all though.. Ended up pretty punch drunk.

lolesi

First Grade
UFC and boxing are hyped up shit that usually just ends up 2 sweaty blokes hugging in their undies.

If it wasn't Gal I wouldn't have noticed.

UFC is getting a bigger platform at a pretty fast race atm. We are producing some pretty good fighters atm such as the middleweight champion Rob Whittaker (good menai boii); Volkanovski, Tuivasa and Crute to name a few.

You’ll find majority of the fights stay off the mat and is a standing event with some pretty decent action. I personally can’t stand boxing but enjoy mixed martial arts.

Quigs

Immortal
I did admire John Famechon., I think it was against Harada He ducked to his left under a harada left , Mirror image duck to the right then leant back as Haradas left hook swished through the air well in front of him .Must have been frustrating for Harada. I guess Famechon wasn't able to avoid them all though.. Ended up pretty punch drunk.

Lionel Rose won his world title against Fighting Harada in Japan. Fought him a couple of times.

Fammo had some good bouts against Harada... they are all up on Youtube by the way.

Here is Fammo Harada --- fammo gets him in the 14th -- knocks him out of the ring.