What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 10 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
There's quite a few teams that need a bit of 'magic' next week!

Rd 10 Ladder:

Rd10.jpg

That's bloody ugly for us. If the Tigers and Titans win next week (and we lose to Penrith) we slip to second last. Then, if Souths win next week and the week after (they've got the Cowboys and Eels) and we lose to the in-form Dolphins, then we slip to last!

There's quite a few teams that need a bit of 'magic' next week!

Rd 10 Ladder:

Rd10.jpg

That's bloody ugly for us. If the Tigers and Titans win next week (and we lose to Penrith) we slip to second last. Then, if Souths win next week and the week after (they've got the Cowboys and Eels) and we lose to the in-form Dolphins, then we slip to last!
Geesus thats depressing. I rarely death-ride other teams but I'll be making an exception this weekend.

Big Marn

Juniors

LeagueNut found this site for us so had a look to see what they focused on this week.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
David Fifita has backflipped and has taken up his 2 year option with the Titans, Roosters have now said they are withdrawing their offer lol

Very untidy for the Chooks as they told Tupounuia yesterday to explore options elsewhere and Crichton did an interview where he didn’t hold back on his displeasure with the Roosters over the way the signing was done and is off contract

David Fifita has backflipped and has taken up his 2 year option with the Titans, Roosters have now said they are withdrawing their offer lol

Very untidy for the Chooks as they told Tupounuia yesterday to explore options elsewhere and Crichton did an interview where he didn’t hold back on his displeasure with the Roosters over the way the signing was done and is off contract
Would take Chrichton if they swap with Capewell.
Tupounuia would be handy to have too lol

JJ

Immortal
Wow - certainly the Titans are looking better, and I think the family/home thing is likely real - but pretty messy, first f**k the Roosters, how many elite backrowers do they need, and how the f**k do they keep poaching this sort of talent while Penrith has had to let a all star cast leave - must be some magical cap management going on there

Big Marn

Juniors
Wow - certainly the Titans are looking better, and I think the family/home thing is likely real - but pretty messy, first f**k the Roosters, how many elite backrowers do they need, and how the f**k do they keep poaching this sort of talent while Penrith has had to let a all star cast leave - must be some magical cap management going on there
same ownership as Man City?

Reactions: JJ

Blair

Coach
...must have been a hell of a yarn from Des over the weekend, a real players coach.
It would've also helped that they won on the weekend, the weather on the GC is perfect at this time of year, and the weather in Sydney (when Fifita was fishing about down here) has been awful.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I'm not even sure the Fifita thing is good for the Titans. Elite level when he's on and interested, but that hasn't happened enough - and the GC has always been a place where careers go to rest and get a sun tan.

$1m a year that might've been better spent on a big name leader to be part of a culture change, if they could have got it. Having said that, if they can get that going around him, he's definitely an asset

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

LeagueNut found this site for us so had a look to see what they focused on this week.
I love that site.

We're still last in errors, which as we now know is a pretty useless stat to be an owner of.

Other stats that shot out at me:

Last in play the balls in the outside third (we don't use width well).
Fifth best line speed
Fourth highest average opponent try distance
Least penalties conceded
Second highest penalties awarded

Blair

Coach
Fifth best line speed...
A lot of that is down to Fonua-Blake. Tacklers don't hang around once they've made the tackle. My father pointed this out to me last year and we were laughing about it last week on our holiday.

There's always lots of daylight between the defenders and our Addin once he starts getting to his feet.

Latest posts