What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

saint.nick

Coach
Exhibit A of James Milner not being a right back.

No, more like Exhibit A of Zaha being superb and living up to his hype.

There is absolutely no way that Clyne wouldn't have struggled against Zaha. There is also absolutely no way that Clyne lays on that assist for Salah.

saint.nick

Coach
No offence Nick, but after his last 2 games, it looks like Milner's days as a right back should be ended. Clyne was no great attacking threat, but even you would admit he is a solid defender.
He's okay. That's it. The guy forced a move out as well, it's not like we went out of our way to offload him. With this title run I'd rather have everyone in the squad wanting in, and it seems Klopp agrees with me.

The only people still talking about it are the ones who blew up when it happened and are now using the form dip as a validation for their concerns. The reality is that the RB situation has had very little to do with this little form slump.

Foz

Bench
No, more like Exhibit A of Zaha being superb and living up to his hype.

There is absolutely no way that Clyne wouldn't have struggled against Zaha. There is also absolutely no way that Clyne lays on that assist for Salah.

Looked to me like you brought up Clyne right in this post.
Couldn’t see anyone else mention him till then.(apart from CB mentioning he was a better option than some).
Youre making all the assumptions on what people think about Clyne.
My only reference is he’d be better than Milner after you brought it up.

Last edited:

saint.nick

Coach
Looked to me like you brought up Clyne right in this post.
Couldn’t see anyone else mention him till then.(apart from CB mentioning he was a better option than some).
Youre making all the assumptions on what people think about Clyne.
My only reference is he’d be better than Milner after you brought it up.
I didn't bring up Clyne at all, it was pretty obvious from CB's post that he was alluding to Clyne, and I responded accordingly.

saint.nick

Coach
That was the performance that I was expecting, an emphatic return to form to shut up the knuckledragging cretins who thought we had the wobbles.

From August to December we had a long sustained run of good performances, and capped it off with that 8 game December win streak which was worked so hard for. Following on from that we had fatigue, injuries, squad sickness and time itself contributing to subpar performances. The blip was inevitable, and instead of liverpool being 'bottlers' for failing to capitalise on agent Rafa's work, we were in fact blessed that City lost a game around a time when we were always going to be hit by a blip. It is really not easy to play well when key players are out, 'fit' players are battling sickness, and the squad is feeling the fatigue of an intense first half of the season - racking up all those points the way we did takes a lot of physical and mental effort.

I'd rather remove the cobwebs now than later down the track in March when dropped points create even more pressure for us and more hope for City.

Foz

Bench
Hopefully Chelsea can do us a favour
Chelsea didn’t do themselves any favours this morning.
They were terrible.
Yes Citi were good but Chelsea offered nothing.
I was hoping for at least a draw but there was only one team at the races.
Not that I care but will be interesting how Chelsea respond over the next month.
They looked like a team who didn’t want to play for each other.

When Agueros on he makes mince meat of defences.(6-0 was what Chelsea deserved)

Makes our Manure game vital.
Theyre obviously not the same team we belted a few months ago.

LFC have a mini-break now. Next game is the UEFA CL match against Bayern Munich on 20 Feb.

Then they play in the PL -

Man Utd at Old Trafford on 25 Feb;
Watford at Anfield on 28 Feb; and
Everton at Goodison Park on 4 March.

saint.nick

Coach
Hopefully Chelsea can do us a favour
Woke up with slight hope of at least a draw...felt like chucking my phone at the wall when I saw the result.

Gini's return and Keita's improving form are very timely for us. Keita in a way is like a new January signing, he didn't play much beforehand and when he did he was usually off the pace. We reached the top of the league without our big midfield signing making any impact whatsoever. Let's keep optimistic.

thorson1987

Coach
If Jose was still in charge at Man U I would be extremely confident heading to Old Trafford. But there change in form under OGS has been amazing and I'll be ok with a draw, although they are due a slip up soon.

Latest posts