What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

themacemaceman

Juniors
Can't really blame Turner for digging his heels in to be honest, I'd probably do the same. However, it is really frustrating because he is simply surplus to requirements and his departure would free up the cash for Jennings.

The 66 scandals in four years that have rocked the NRL: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/1bbcdffd432063bec8e521c736f7ae4d

Is this the part where the tide turns and we start to see a change in this regard? I certainly hope so. It's simply not good enough, especially this time around. To all non-League fans, our game must look like total shit played by a bunch of merkins and it's time we changed that. Clean it up and show the world how great this game can be!!

The 66 scandals article is interesting and I don’t disagree that a line needs to be drawn in the sand.
But I do wonder how the NRL compares to other sports and even other occupations.
How many political scandals have there been in the same time?
How many AFL scandals.
Do the players “attract” attention because of who they are?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

callmack1

Staff member
I think Cook is set for a big year this year. He would of been disappointed with his Australia debut and will want to prove a point. I think his game will go to a whole new level under Bennett and he’ll want to retain his blues jersey with Mcinnes showing some real good form near the end of last season.
It's a massive year for Cook and I think 2019 will honestly be one of the most important of his career. Other teams are now onto him and will obviously try to shut him down so it's going to be a massive year for Cook to overcome this. it won't be easy but if anyone can do it, he can!

On another note,

Maroons selection puzzle 'a great headache' for Kevin Walters: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/09/maroons-selection-puzzle-a-great-headache-for-kevin-walters/

If turner excels after 2/3 seasons in england he might surprise all and make a surprised return at souths off the bench anything is possible in any sport.

Meticulous Merv

Juniors
Turner will go cheap and his manager is in discussion with a few clubs in england so its only a matter of time before turner is picked up.

If we’re paying him a fair wack, then any English club is going to want us to pay some of his wage, if they push for too much, then we’re not getting enough salary cap relief to do anything,

If any club does come along wanting to sign him, they’re in control, they can play us all over the shop, if we don’t get sufficient relief then it’s just not worth it

Great news that sam burgess is returning to his wife and two children its fabulous news and now sam can now play footy with a clear mind good luck to their little family for the future.

rabbitohs

Juniors
The 66 scandals article is interesting and I don’t disagree that a line needs to be drawn in the sand.
But I do wonder how the NRL compares to other sports and even other occupations.
How many political scandals have there been in the same time?
How many AFL scandals.
Do the players “attract” attention because of who they are?
The AFL have the local media sewn up. Only pariah non Vic clubs like Port Adelaide ever get exposed, this due to the fact they aren't an 'establishment' club.
The gap between the stuff people KNOW goes on compared to what is reported is amazing. Mental health issues for example mean strikes for drug use.

Latest posts