What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will the Penrith Panthers finish in 2019?

Where will the Penrith Panthers finish in 2019?

• Total voters

Vic Mackey

Referee
There is no claim about it. The production is in full swing with players that the W/T could only 'dream' about. A couple could be real finds, some will move on, others who match up will replace players when they become too expensive too keep, or are beginning the slide down the hill like Merrin was.

You could very well be right. However Panthers fans have been saying that about their juniours for the best part of two decades now with 1 Prelim to show for it. Eventually it just becomes the boy who cried wolf.

betcats

Referee
You could very well be right. However Panthers fans have been saying that about their juniours for the best part of two decades now with 1 Prelim to show for it. Eventually it just becomes the boy who cried wolf.

And you’ve been whinging about it for three decades, could literally find the same comment from you five years ago, you actually came in here just so you could create a chance to say it you weirdo, none of us have been talking them up recently. Anyway it’s a bit rich coming from the club that had the next Andrew johns(Brooks) and lets not even start on the ridiculous moses hype and Teddy before he bailed on you. You’re juniors are more hyped than any.

franklin2323

Immortal

There is quite a few good Panthers juniors elsewhere. For some reason we don't seem to get best out of them.

This lot does seem different and sets us well for the medium to long term.

The next 2-3 seasons there will be some great games in amongst some garbage as the young guys who step in Merrin, Peachey etc spot.

MrBlack

Juniors

I'm not going to disagree with this....

However - I think we are closer than we have been for quite a while. At worst we will be regular semi finalists.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Trolling is not for rookies. I suggest you look at how many players the Panthers system has supplied to the NRL recently before shooting off your mouth. You can go back to your 3 home grounds, your Panther cast offs, and your lack of recent finals games. As Churchill once said: 'Sometimes it's better to remain silent, and be thought of as a fool. Then open your mouth and remove all doubt.'

TheFrog

Coach
2nd week 3 years running is better than a kick up the bum, but its all in vain if they don't go further this year. I'm quietly confident this club is building a culture of on-field success.

Vic Mackey

Referee
none of us have been talking them up recently. .

Clearly, as evidenced below

There is no claim about it. The production is in full swing with players that the W/T could only 'dream' about. A couple could be real finds, some will move on, others who match up will replace players when they become too expensive too keep, or are beginning the slide down the hill like Merrin was.

Anyway it’s a bit rich coming from the club that had the next Andrew johns(Brooks) and lets not even start on the ridiculous moses hype and Teddy before he bailed on you. You’re juniors are more hyped than any.

A sure fire way to know someone is losing a discussion is when they yse the deflection method instead of arguing the point. A clear sign they have no actual response. Either way the talk up was mainly from the media more then fans. Andrew Johns was the one who originally said Brooks reminded him of himself, which was then backed up endlessly by his brother. Uncle Issac had the media frothing on his nephew to enhance his price. However it was then backed up by respected judges like Peter Sterling and Andrew Webster picking him in their Origin teams back in 2016. Teddy well, he was rated by everyone, funnily enough except Panthers fans, who kicked and screamed 'Moyza is better!' whenever anybody dared to mention him.

I must say i find it amsuing that I've written in this thread in about 12 teams forums so far. Some I've picked bottom 4, yet the only fans who have had a whinge are in this forum, and I've tipped them to improve on 2018!

Vic Mackey

Referee
Trolling is not for rookies. I suggest you look at how many players the Panthers system has supplied to the NRL recently before shooting off your mouth. You can go back to your 3 home grounds, your Panther cast offs, and your lack of recent finals games. As Churchill once said: 'Sometimes it's better to remain silent, and be thought of as a fool. Then open your mouth and remove all doubt.'

I could be wrong, however I don't believe we have any ex Panthers currently in our top squad. You do however have Tim Grant and MWZ, who are both Tiger and Ivan Clearly cast offs in yours.

soc123_au

Staff member
I could be wrong, however I don't believe we have any ex Panthers currently in our top squad. You do however have Tim Grant and MWZ, who are both Tiger and Ivan Clearly cast offs in yours.
If you are claiming Grant & MWZ then we can claim Elijah Taylor. Oliver Clarke is one of ours, and I'm not sure about Eisenhuth, I know we had 2 of them at one point. On Clarke I am expecting a big year from him, if he gets a go he could be a very good player.

Vic Mackey

Referee
If you are claiming Grant & MWZ then we can claim Elijah Taylor. Oliver Clarke is one of ours, and I'm not sure about Eisenhuth, I know we had 2 of them at one point. On Clarke I am expecting a big year from him, if he gets a go he could be a very good player.

Yep good point on ET. He’s been here 4 years now so just feels like a Tiger. Clarke yeah didn’t even think of him, saw him in NSW Cup and didn’t impress much at all. Thanks for the parting gift Ivan.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

MWZ moved to W/T for an opportunity, since Panthers have moved on a couple of backs, MWZ is good depth. Tim Grant moved on for more money South Sydney, back end of his career, played his best footy at Panthers. Good depth player both on mim wage. I believe both Eisenhuth boys are also Panther juniors.

Personally I'm more than happy with Panthers 2019 NRL squad.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yep good point on ET. He’s been here 4 years now so just feels like a Tiger. Clarke yeah didn’t even think of him, saw him in NSW Cup and didn’t impress much at all. Thanks for the parting gift Ivan.

Big things were expected of Oliver Clark coming thru the ranks and not sure why he hasn’t been able to go to the next level. Hasn’t really filled out so whether his lack of size is a factor? He was a low cost signing so little risk involved is he doesn’t make to the. NRL.

Latest posts