Where will the Penrith Panthers finish in 2019?

Discussion in 'Penrith Panthers' started by Daza06, Dec 16, 2018.

?

Where will the Penrith Panthers finish in 2019?

1. 1st to 4th

73.9%
  2. 5th to 8th

23.9%
  3. 9th to 12th

2.2%
  4. 13th to 16th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

You could very well be right. However Panthers fans have been saying that about their juniours for the best part of two decades now with 1 Prelim to show for it. Eventually it just becomes the boy who cried wolf.

2. betcats

betcats Coach

And you’ve been whinging about it for three decades, could literally find the same comment from you five years ago, you actually came in here just so you could create a chance to say it you weirdo, none of us have been talking them up recently. Anyway it’s a bit rich coming from the club that had the next Andrew johns(Brooks) and lets not even start on the ridiculous moses hype and Teddy before he bailed on you. You’re juniors are more hyped than any.

Aliceinwonderland likes this.
  3. franklin2323

franklin2323 Coach

There is quite a few good Panthers juniors elsewhere. For some reason we don't seem to get best out of them.

This lot does seem different and sets us well for the medium to long term.

The next 2-3 seasons there will be some great games in amongst some garbage as the young guys who step in Merrin, Peachey etc spot.

4. MrBlack

MrBlack Juniors

I'm not going to disagree with this....

However - I think we are closer than we have been for quite a while. At worst we will be regular semi finalists.

5. Aliceinwonderland

Aliceinwonderland Juniors

Trolling is not for rookies. I suggest you look at how many players the Panthers system has supplied to the NRL recently before shooting off your mouth. You can go back to your 3 home grounds, your Panther cast offs, and your lack of recent finals games. As Churchill once said: 'Sometimes it's better to remain silent, and be thought of as a fool. Then open your mouth and remove all doubt.'

TheFrog and betcats like this.
  6. TheFrog

TheFrog Coach

2nd week 3 years running is better than a kick up the bum, but its all in vain if they don't go further this year. I'm quietly confident this club is building a culture of on-field success.

7. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

Clearly, as evidenced below

A sure fire way to know someone is losing a discussion is when they yse the deflection method instead of arguing the point. A clear sign they have no actual response. Either way the talk up was mainly from the media more then fans. Andrew Johns was the one who originally said Brooks reminded him of himself, which was then backed up endlessly by his brother. Uncle Issac had the media frothing on his nephew to enhance his price. However it was then backed up by respected judges like Peter Sterling and Andrew Webster picking him in their Origin teams back in 2016. Teddy well, he was rated by everyone, funnily enough except Panthers fans, who kicked and screamed 'Moyza is better!' whenever anybody dared to mention him.

I must say i find it amsuing that I've written in this thread in about 12 teams forums so far. Some I've picked bottom 4, yet the only fans who have had a whinge are in this forum, and I've tipped them to improve on 2018!

8. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

I could be wrong, however I don't believe we have any ex Panthers currently in our top squad. You do however have Tim Grant and MWZ, who are both Tiger and Ivan Clearly cast offs in yours.

9. Tronald Crump

Tronald Crump Juniors

Oliver Clark.
    Ex Penrith junior.
    And good luck to him for getting an opportunity elsewhere.

Vic Mackey likes this.
  10. soc123_au

soc123_au Coach

If you are claiming Grant & MWZ then we can claim Elijah Taylor. Oliver Clarke is one of ours, and I'm not sure about Eisenhuth, I know we had 2 of them at one point. On Clarke I am expecting a big year from him, if he gets a go he could be a very good player.

Vic Mackey likes this.
  11. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

Yep good point on ET. He’s been here 4 years now so just feels like a Tiger. Clarke yeah didn’t even think of him, saw him in NSW Cup and didn’t impress much at all. Thanks for the parting gift Ivan.

12. Aliceinwonderland

Aliceinwonderland Juniors

MWZ moved to W/T for an opportunity, since Panthers have moved on a couple of backs, MWZ is good depth. Tim Grant moved on for more money South Sydney, back end of his career, played his best footy at Panthers. Good depth player both on mim wage. I believe both Eisenhuth boys are also Panther juniors.

Personally I'm more than happy with Panthers 2019 NRL squad.

13. Kilkenny

Kilkenny First Grade

Big things were expected of Oliver Clark coming thru the ranks and not sure why he hasn’t been able to go to the next level. Hasn’t really filled out so whether his lack of size is a factor? He was a low cost signing so little risk involved is he doesn’t make to the. NRL.

14. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

So in other words ‘standard Panthers juniour’ ? :wink:

soc123_au likes this.
  15. franklin2323

franklin2323 Coach

A lot of fans overhype kids... It happens heaps in here BUT I sure every teams fans are the same (expect roosters no fans or juniors)

Vic Mackey likes this.