What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

When we've got meatheads in power no wonder we've got a numbskull for a coach

The manangement of other clubs such as Parramatta, Canterbury, Cronulla and Manly and the Tigers have mismanaged the salary cap... and are now paying for it.. yet the Dragons have complied and are meatheads...

A club such as Newcastle with a powerhouse juniors base has been on its knees for the last 3-4 seasons with wooden spoons and bottom of the table finishes... yet the Dragons management are meatheads.

Many clubs are struggling to get a full compliments of sponsors with vacant real estate on their jerseys that stand out like proverbial dogs balls. The Dragons are loaded up here, yet management are meatheads...

Brian Johnstons’ first year in his new gig, is a meathead..

I’m not about to reply on the McGregor comments.

I just can’t see your rationale here..

Warabrook saint

Juniors
The manangement of other clubs such as Parramatta, Canterbury, Cronulla and Manly and the Tigers have mismanaged the salary cap... and are now paying for it.. yet the Dragons have complied and are meatheads...

A club such as Newcastle with a powerhouse juniors base has been on its knees for the last 3-4 seasons with wooden spoons and bottom of the table finishes... yet the Dragons management are meatheads.

Many clubs are struggling to get a full compliments of sponsors with vacant real estate on their jerseys that stand out like proverbial dogs balls. The Dragons are loaded up here, yet management are meatheads...

Brian Johnstons’ first year in his new gig, is a meathead..

I’m not about to reply on the McGregor comments.

I just can’t see your rationale here..
Of course not, no one else on here can either. Our management are full of integrity and are doing a wonderful job to make sure the Saints are always at the top of the ladder and contesting for the premiership, with no interest for their own preservation,job security for themselves their family members and mates and favoritism.

LINESPEED

Juniors
The saying now with McGregor is the club is keen to resign him "to keep stability " .They obviously say this as they can't use his record as coach to justify it !

‘Stability’ is code for cowardice & shirking ethical duty to the Club

Brian & Bruce just need to sit down & watch again all Waterboy’s press conferences & media appearances, assess the value of their rookie coach who’s won a single semi (where the players revolted against the strictures of his ‘game plan’) in 118 games

And then, on professional grounds, write down 10 reasons (that directly relate to the smarts of winning a title) why he should be extended (if at all) before at least mid season....

Include, of course, a list of 15 players that he’s personally blooded & developed to consistent NRL standard since 2014

Assess also what serious professional development he’s sought to undertake - along the lines of say Robinson.

And for a bit of boyo fun try listing, as we do on the Forum, the manifold excuses for losing that your man trots out weekly -

Then stack that up against Bellamy, Robinson & Bennett

& tell us fans why we only deserve a 3rd rate coach who was only ever meant to be an interim one.

Then publish your findings for public scrutiny

I’d call that respect & due diligence fellas

Pretty alien concept down Illawarra way

- but if you want to leave a half decent legacy I’d be half honest about the process

This time at least?

In the end fellas life’s all about the legacy you leave - not whose back you scratched along the way

Last edited:

merahputih

Juniors
‘Stability’ is code for cowardice & shirking ethical duty to the Club

Brian & Bruce just need to sit down & watch again all Waterboy’s press conferences & media appearances, assess the value of their rookie coach who’s won a single semi (where the players revolted against the strictures of his ‘game plan’) in 118 games

And then, on professional grounds, write down 10 reasons (that directly relate to the smarts of winning a title) why he should be extended (if at all) before at least mid season....

Include, of course, a list of 15 players that he’s personally blooded & developed to consistent NRL standard since 2014

Assess also what serious professional development he’s sought to undertake - along the lines of say Robinson.

And for a bit of boyo fun try listing, as we do on the Forum, the manifold excuses for losing that your man trots out weekly -

Then stack that up against Bellamy, Robinson & Bennett

& tell us fans why we only deserve a 3rd rate coach who was only ever meant to be an interim one.

Then publish your findings for public scrutiny

I’d call that respect & due diligence fellas

Pretty alien concept down Illawarra way

- but if you want to leave a half decent legacy I’d be half honest about the process

This time at least?

In the end fellas life’s all about the legacy you leave - not whose back you scratched along the way
'Stability' and 'intimate knowledge of (insert description of what the organisation does) ' are often phrases used by inward looking organisations when they have an executive vacancy for which there is someone who has been quietly earmarked by the ruling clique in that organisation to preserve the culture and comfort zone there, buy still want to give the appearance of a genuine competitive process. It looks even better if you commission a recruitment agency to conduct a rigorous (and expensive) worldwide search for contenders and then ignore their recommendation.

I’ve purchased shares in a torch factory.

Should be good to retire by round 12.

WaterloggedSpiritedIndianspinyloach-size_restricted.gif

blacksafake

First Grade
I like to use a racing analogy of if you have a good horse you don’t give it to a bush trainer with little or no experience. Winx for example if trained by a trainer who is not experienced nor capable of getting the best out of her will most likely not improve much under said trainer.

If you have a good footy side the same applies.
L plate is a bush coach.

Crush

Coach
I like to use a racing analogy of if you have a good horse you don’t give it to a bush trainer with little or no experience. Winx for example if trained by a trainer who is not experienced nor capable of getting the best out of her will most likely not improve much under said trainer.

L plate is a bush coach.
There are 2 or 3 great coaches in the NRL then there are the rest.
McGregor falls into "the rest" towards the bottom of the pile.
He's not the worst though.

LINESPEED

Juniors

L plate is a bush coach.

Great analogy

And we have a great roster being poorly handled.

For example:

Tell me, how can it be that a coach keeps a #3 who can’t pass the ball after 84 games? You cannot win a title with this basic training/talent deficiency?

My grandfather bred trotters in Parkes in the 50’s & 60’s & sent a horse to Richmond once, where it was butchered by poor training.

When he retrieved it and trained, drove & raced it himself it became a champion

We used to love sitting in the training sulky with him & later mixing the pollard, oats & lucerne chaff

Jack Gibson & Bellamy score well when it comes to extracting true potential - and that takes great natural intelligence & adaptability

Sadly lacking in our Waterboy

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
There are 2 or 3 great coaches in the NRL then there are the rest.
McGregor falls into "the rest" towards the bottom of the pile.
He's not the worst though.
He’s down there with only Kearney & Brennan behind him. Pay & Morris need more time before being rated.

possm

Coach
If only the SGI Board were taking the conservative line of action - make their decision on first grade coach at the end of the season. There certainly is enough evidence to justify this action.

WepnutV

Juniors
Of course not, no one else on here can either. Our management are full of integrity and are doing a wonderful job to make sure the Saints are always at the top of the ladder and contesting for the premiership, with no interest for their own preservation,job security for themselves their family members and mates and favoritism.
Always contesting for the premiership is something only melbourne have been able to achieve.. But thats only because they have had Cameron smith and are known cheaters.. your expectations are delusional.

possm

Coach
Always contesting for the premiership is something only melbourne have been able to achieve.. But thats only because they have had Cameron smith and are known cheaters.. your expectations are delusional.

I can't agree with what you say. St George in the past were a very successful club, even more successful than Melbourne. Are you suggesting we cheated our way to those 11 successive premierships? Did we cheat our way to 2 minor championships and a grand final under Bennett or to two premierships under Harry Bath? To me this would be a ridiculous assertion.

It is all about having a top line administration focussed on success on and off the field. Melbourne has that in spades and even though they cheated their way though for a few years, and paid the price for that, they still remain competitive each season.

Last edited:

to_ddeath

Coach

L plate is a bush coach.

Our club have been hoping that Mehry will be the clubs own version of Janiak & Takeover Target since May 14, except this blokes horse bolts by May/June or fizzles out early after blitzing it in the barrier trials...

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Hello silly. So you agree with everything else except going for premierships